Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,156
Likes: 1
H
Member
Member
H Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,156
Likes: 1
I'm so sorry he is treating you so badly.
He either is a monster himself and was an egoist to begin with, r he is projecting his selfloath on you.

Please keep taking care of yourself! You are an intelligent woman - choose to look like one! Write hime a short and loving Plan B letter. That is the best you can do. Than deliver it to him looking as attractive as can be and than go underground.

God bless you,

Happyheart

P.S.
and in the mean time, treat yourself to a good attorney for the financial side of things, so that he can't spend any more of your money on her! And treat yourself to a facial and/or pedicure.


MD
happily married to and in love with DH
3 children out of the house, 2 more to go
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 2,708
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 2,708
One of the toughest things to deal with when your spouse is cheating on you is that they take things that were special to you and contaminate them by sharing them with the OP.
It is part and parcel of the horrible experience.
Try to envision that this does not negate your experience of said things in the past.

I agree that you need to write a beautiful love letter (plan B letter) and you need to find somewhere that you and your child can sequester as you do what still needs to be done financially/business-wise minus any contact with your WH.

Retreat to a place of comfort and peace. There, you can get stronger and rebuild yourself and your family (you and child) and handle any arrows that make it over the castle wall toward you by your WH and his cronies.

Peace, tranquility.

Do not feed the tigers.

Keep coming here for support to make it thru this difficult experience.







Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 34
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 34
Dear reading and happyheart,

I will consult the book again and will write a letter. Big, big sigh. Retreating to a place of peace sounds fantastic. The house situation certainly is not an I can�t get out of it for the next year. - I am trying to have a peaceful day for a change. It was the first day of school. I got complimented a lot on ow great I look (can hardly believe it). Wednesday I will have lunch with a friend. - Something to look forward to. But my head ache is awful again and I have badly snapped on my daughter in the morning. I must get better.

Thanks all for your support. - Btw, if I want to talk to the best, how do I do so?

Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 8,240
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 8,240
I am sorry, but what plan are you in exactly? I went back a couple of pages, and it seems like you were doing Plan A, but now I don't know.

I didn't go far enough back to get my answer, when are you planning on going into Plan B?


BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here


Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 34
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 34
Scotland,
I was doing Plan A. Actually had intended to continue with A for a while, but even Plan A is seen as me being a "monster".

Joined: May 2008
Posts: 2,591
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 2,591
Lola,

Having a public argument and slapping your husband is not plan A. Have you read the material here yet? Have you read the book "Surviving an Affair"?

AM


BW - 73
WH - 68
M - 43 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 8,240
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 8,240
What actions are you doing while in Plan A?

When you say you plan on doing A for a while, how long is that exactly? A BW should do Plan A for 3-4 WEEKS. Then she is to enter Plan B. Your timeline seems to be longer than the recommended, why is that?


BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here


Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 11,650
I
Member
Member
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 11,650
Originally Posted by Lola17
Scotland,
I was doing Plan A. Actually had intended to continue with A for a while, but even Plan A is seen as me being a "monster".


You do the plans regardless of reaction. All waywards demonise their spouse. He wont like anything you do WELL he wants you to screw up.

I think you need Plan B as of last week - get moving.


What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 34
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 34
armymama, Scotland, indiegirl,
guess it was time to be told off, right? ;-) No, slapping and having a public argument is not part of plan A, but after 6 weeks or whatever I lost it. I am sorry, but there is only so much I could take. - The argument ha a good reason. Being absolutel disrespectful does not help.
Have I read material and book? Yes, many times. I am tying my best. Maybe I am not eben good enough for trying.

Joined: May 2008
Posts: 2,591
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 2,591
It means you are mentally exhausted. Go to plan B. Get yourself away from this situation.

AM


BW - 73
WH - 68
M - 43 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 11,650
I
Member
Member
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 11,650
Its what anyone would do after six weeks, thats why there is a time limit on Plan A!

Plan B is very peaceful and it gives the A a chance to self destruct.

Are you ready for Plan B, do you have an IM etc?


What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 34
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 34
I am completely exhausted and have said so. :-(
Do I hav an IM? - Not sure, what IM is. - I am certainly ready for Plan B, but will still work in the same office. So that�s my Plan B limitation. Big one, actually.-

Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 11,650
I
Member
Member
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 11,650
You cannot see him at all in Plan B - you need to find a way to get out of that office and close that avenue off.

Can you work from home?

Can you take some time off and see a solcitor about your options to leave the company?

An IM is a go-between. If your husband has any financial q's etc, he sends the q to your IM, who then sends the info to you.

Critically she/he allows no personal messages - either of love or hate to pass. she is like a spam filter and only sends on facts.

If he ever wants to agree NC with the OW, he can tell the IM who will tell you.

This protects your mental state.

I forget if you have children? If so, you will also need an IM to oversee handovers of the kids as you cannot see him.

You must close up any ways in which he may contact you.

Close/change your email accounts (close, not change passwords or block - it must be a changed address or closed down)
Change your numbers
Do not answer the door to him
Block him on social network sites
If he pops a note through the door or posts you a letter - it goes in the bin unread.

If you go on like this allowing yourself to be smacked in the face by his infidelity everyday, you will end up in the funny farm - and then you wont be going into work anyway.

Get out now while you are still functioning.


What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,709
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,709
Originally Posted by Lola17
I am certainly ready for Plan B, but will still work in the same office. So that�s my Plan B limitation. Big one, actually.-

Lola. MB does not work if you pick and choose parts of the plan.

Here is a checklist to help you prepare for Plan B. It is important to follow ALL the rules and get it right.

http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2482787#Post2482787

Work on doing a STELLAR Plan A while preparing for the next step.

I know this is really hard. Hang in there. Understand Plan B and get it right.

Last edited by pokerface; 09/07/11 10:17 AM.

ME: BW
HIM: FWH
Married 18 yrs
DDay 09/2008 and 12/2008

Recovered

Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 34
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 34
All,
unfortunately it�s not a pick and choose, when it comes to work. The business is mine and my husbands. We are employing 450 people and are listed on two stock exchanges. There is no option for me to go. Maybe there will never be a Plan B for me. I don�t know.

Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,709
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,709
Lola, Do you deep inside honestly feel that you can continue on like this? In 20 years from now, will you be happy that you chose "this business" over your emotional well being?

Is it possible to ever be at peace in this environment?


I'm not judging ...just asking.


ME: BW
HIM: FWH
Married 18 yrs
DDay 09/2008 and 12/2008

Recovered

Joined: May 2009
Posts: 2,708
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 2,708
Originally Posted by Lola17
All,
unfortunately it�s not a pick and choose, when it comes to work. The business is mine and my husbands. We are employing 450 people and are listed on two stock exchanges. There is no option for me to go. Maybe there will never be a Plan B for me. I don�t know.


You are limiting your view.
You CAN check into either having an off site office and go between for work issues or getting bought out of the business by someone. You can.

Matter of fact, if I owned stock in a husband/wife business and they were in your situation, I would prefer the betrayed wife did one of the things suggested versus tried to continue to function at the office where she was subjected to her cheating spouse. Seriously......it is in the stockholders best interest too! Think about it. Really think about it and try to do it.

1.Office at other site with go between
or
2.Buy out









Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 11,650
I
Member
Member
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 11,650
I am spying a pattern here Lola.

You post a bit but then when people say your plan B is due, you vanish for a while.

Question: What would happen to the business and employees if your health deteriorated to the point (and it often does in Plan A if allowed to go too long) where you physically couldnt get yourself into the office?

You can wait for that outcome, but I doubt you would if you knew it was in the post.

I HOPE I'm wrong and you've been busy making Plan B preparations. I know it is tricky in your case.


What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,179
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,179
Tricky, but not impossible.

Soon, maybe sooner than you think, it will come down to making Plan B happen, or needing psychiatric care. It really is that serious.

Two months ago, would you have thought you would illegally assault your WH? Risking arrest and the well-being of your children?

Where do you see yourself in another two months?

(I know where I hope I see you, two months into Plan B, and radiantly peaceful.)


A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb



Neak's Story
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 128 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0