Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
B
But sending her off to read books will not help her understand what we are saying.
Sure it will.
Please let us help her instead of sending her off on wild goose chases.
Reading SA is not a wild goose chase, it is great advice for her.
That is not helpful to her. Don't be part of the problem, Barbie.
....wow. How where you get that? I did not realise I was part of this posters problems. Nor do I wish to add to them.

I advised her to read the MB material.
Unless there is something new from Dr. H. I have not read yet, I believe the best way to learn MB is to read Dr. H's words.

....pardon for my confusion! I am not here to quarrel, nothing I have said is against MB advice, nor do I feel advising reading SA is bad advice.

Everyone have a good day, Peace out.

Last edited by barbiecat; 09/06/11 10:10 AM.

Me; W 46
Him; H 46

2 girls
DD19
DD16
Dated/Married total 28 years.
..I am learning and working on myself.
M
M
Originally Posted by barbiecat
....pardon for my confusion! I am not here to quarrel, nothing I have said is against MB advice, nor do I feel advising reading SA is bad advice.

What you are telling her is that she needs to go and read some more BEFORE she can take action. That is very counterproductive and I consider that kind of advice to be destructive. Of course we want her to read SAA, however, she is in a terrible situation that threatens her mental health. Action needs to be taken NOW, not later.

If you want to help here, then encourage her to take action rather than encourage her to drag her feet. Women have nervous breakdowns over affairs, Barbie. That is not the time to drag one's feet.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by barbiecat
I advised her to read the MB material.
Unless there is something new from Dr. H. I have not read yet, I believe the best way to learn MB is to read Dr. H's words.

Let's read Dr Harley's own words about what to do when there is an affair:

Originally Posted by Dr Bill Harley
"This week, again I�ll be taking a question from the Forum to help clear up a conflict regarding one of my common recommendations about when to expose an affair. The issue of exposure comes up when a betrayed spouse has first learned about the affair. Should it be exposed to others, or kept secret? I generally recommend exposure. When should it be exposed? I usually recommend that it be exposed immediately. To whom should it be exposed? I recommend that family, friends, children, clergy, and especially, the lover�s spouse be informed. Exposure in the workplace depends on several factors."
here

Nowhere in his article does he tell someone they need to go off and read his books FIRST before they expose. If you have ever listened to the radio, he has told many a person to hang up and start exposing the affair. He doesn't tell them they have to wait and read SAA or HNHN first. He says expose it IMMEDIATELY. And if they balk, he PERSUADES them to expose the affair. IMMEDIATELY.

Now, would you mind too much if we try and help this lady?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

B
B
;-)

Me; W 46
Him; H 46

2 girls
DD19
DD16
Dated/Married total 28 years.
..I am learning and working on myself.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 365 guests, and 78 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation