Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 26 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 25 26
S
OP Offline
S
I am aware of the little bits, I know she will likely come out with more. Honestly, I don't think it will change my decision, but I will not go on if she fails the test, as that would tell me she will never tell the truth, that is unacceptable IMO. It doesn't matter what else they did, it is done. Honesty is what I am looking for now. I do not believe there is or was any other men, but that could be a deal breaker.

As for a plan to get out of my job with OM. I have been thinking I may have to find another job. Hard, as it pays very well, and good paying jobs are a bit hard to find in this area, I actually drive an hour each way to work. OM has been working on getting a road job in the same company, which means I would see him on occasion, I might be able to live with that.

Me BH previous user name SEM
WW Senninpaswife previous user name Keep Smiling
Married 16 years - HS sweethearts
2 kids, Boy 15 years, Girl 13 years

WW's Affair #1,2,3,4 @ 1 year into marriage All ONS type PAs
DDay #1 09/11/01 False recovery for 10 years

WW's Affair #5 07/11 - 10/11 with my best friend EA&PA
DDay #2 11/27/11
M
M
Originally Posted by senninpa
I agree, I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say. Cannot say it enough, we lost sight and did not continue to follow all or eve most of the MB principals, but we did put in place and have had some of those in place from recovery #1. Looking back, I sure as hell would have read the books once a year, I am certain it would have prevented this.

If you implement these principles into your life, which *IS* the definition of recovery, you don't have to read the book again, SEM. Recovery means changing your lifestyle radically; making permanent changes to prevent another affair.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
I am aware of the little bits, I know she will likely come out with more. Honestly, I don't think it will change my decision, but I will not go on if she fails the test, as that would tell me she will never tell the truth, that is unacceptable IMO. It doesn't matter what else they did, it is done. Honesty is what I am looking for now. I do not believe there is or was any other men, but that could be a deal breaker.

Might be a good idea to tell her you are going to have the tester ask the question about other affairs. I hope you are right, but I suspect you are not. frown

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
S
Might be a good idea to tell her you are going to have the tester ask the question about other affairs. I hope you are right, but I suspect you are not.

MelodyLane: I hope the Tester does ask me, cause there are no other men. I was doing fine, then I don't know the stress got to me, I let my guard down and I failed. Failed miserably....

I am the WS
BH, love him dearly

~It's not easy taking my problems one at a time when they refuse to get in line. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

~When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
T
T
Originally Posted by senninpaswife
Might be a good idea to tell her you are going to have the tester ask the question about other affairs. I hope you are right, but I suspect you are not.

MelodyLane: I hope the Tester does ask me, cause there are no other men. I was doing fine, then I don't know the stress got to me, I let my guard down and I failed. Failed miserably....

We have seen many a WS lie. Not that we don't want to believe you. Just you are being compared to what we have seen other WS when they first come here.

Though I am very glad you are here.

Thing is when a WS comes here first we encourage them to get their BS her right away.
When an affair is on going we encourage the BH to delay geting the WS here until the affair has ended and NC is in place.

However whoever comes here first they and their spouse are advised not to post or read on each other's threads for awhile.

One reason people need to vent. The WS or BS comes here venting ripping their other half a new manurehole. The venter is helped through this phase by members here. But the ventee only heres the rant at face value and feels their getting beaten up.

M
M
Originally Posted by senninpaswife

Then you should have no problem passing a polygraph, right? About that and the story about no intercourse.

Have you told your children yet what you have done to their dad?

Exposure 101

P
P
Hola, Senn.
Sorry you are back on MB because of your WW's terrible failure.
I've been around since 2000.

Another tid-bit, just to make my life sound that much more pathetic, I work with OM and will have to see him on Monday and every day I get to go to work. I'm sure looking forward to that!

Advise:
You really should expose Om X-buddy at work.
Tell everyone who works there ... face to face.

"I want you, and everyone here, to know somethng. I learned OM and WW have recently been in a sexual affair. I am completely heartbroken. OM's wife is completely heartbroken."

That's all you need to say. No need to go into details.

Do not protect OM from his consequences.
He is probably banking on you remaining silently complacent.

The expense of a polygraph:
Have WW pay for it.
Tell her she needs to sell something personal in order to pay for it herself.
She makes the financial sacrifice, not you.

P
P
Originally Posted by Pepperband
Tell everyone who works there ... face to face.

"I want you, and everyone here, to know somethng. I learned OM and WW have recently been in a sexual affair. I am completely heartbroken. OM's wife is completely heartbroken."

That's all you need to say. No need to go into details.

And, please, do not neglect to tell the 'boss' or your superiors about the affair.

H
H
I read the first few posts and your last few posts.

Do you have kids with her?

If not, then why do you feel that staying married to a woman that has cheated on you repeatedly is the best you can do?

If you�re still young, I�d D after multiple affairs, heal, and then be smarter about who you meet in the future. Women in their 30�s are awesome, BTW.

You can do better. Don�t settle in life. If you have no kids, bail.

D costs are nothing compared to a life of multiple betrayals. You�ll die a young man if you continue this.

P
P
Senn .......

Tell your children the truth.
Not to embarrass WW, but out of respect for the truth.
I'm sure the kids sense something is terribly amiss.
They feel the tension in the home and they just might think they are the cause. (kids often will do that if kept in the dark)

Just the facts.
No embellishment.

Your WW could be there by your side, ONLY if she agrees to keep quiet until after you have revealed the truth to the kids.

Kids, there is something really sad going on.
You need to know what is wrong at home because you live here too, and your feelings are important.
Mom has committed adultery with OM.
(name him)

(Important: Say *adultery*, do NOT say 'affair'.)

This is not the first time.
The first time was 10 years ago.
My heart is broken, again.
Please kids, let me know if you ever want to talk about this.
Come, give me a hug, I need one.

S
OP Offline
S
I was going to let this post fall into the MB never to be read again oblivian, however W broght it back up, so I will post on it.
Slept 2 hours last night thinking about things, I decided it would be best to: 1. Tell our Supervisor of the situation, so there is understanding if things go down hill. Went well he was understanding, said he will work hard at getting OM out of here. 2. Tell the people in my office that I trust, for a little support, and so they understand what is going on... OK, I am not a good lier and broke when confronted by the guys as to what was going on. They offered to kill him for me, but knowing that info, I would be complicite and declined the offer smile

As for my W being here, please don't beat her up too much. It took a lot to get her to come her and face you all, I hate to see her get beat on too much (not that she doesn't deserve it)and give up on this sight, as it is one of our only lifelines at this point. Kind of lost the people we talked to with our problems.
Thanks again for the support!

DDay #2 11/27/11
P
P
Senn .......

I've read some of your WW's old posts under her 'smiling' name.
WW was raised by an alcoholic Mom.
WW learned avoidance of truth as a way to survive her childhood chaos.
Telling the truth to your kids will not be an easy thing for either of you.
It will especially be a difficult task for your WW.
WW was not raised to be truthful in an alcoholic home.
WW needs to practice truthfulness even when it is difficult.

You do not want your kids raised in a house where problems are denied.
You don't want your kids to learn to put on a fake 'smiling' face.

If your WW tries to talk you out of telling the kids, she is a lost cause.

M
M
I was going to let this post fall into the MB never to be read again oblivian, however W broght it back up, so I will post on it.
Slept 2 hours last night thinking about things, I decided it would be best to: 1. Tell our Supervisor of the situation, so there is understanding if things go down hill. Went well he was understanding, said he will work hard at getting OM out of here. 2. Tell the people in my office that I trust, for a little support, and so they understand what is going on... OK, I am not a good lier and broke when confronted by the guys as to what was going on. They offered to kill him for me, but knowing that info, I would be complicite and declined the offer smile

Good job, SEM! smile

Please set your kids down tonight and tell them what their mother has done. Then call her parents, your parents, and close family members. Your kids need to know along with your other family members. You can't afford to cut corners this time if you expect to save this. The more people who know, the more people to hold her accountable. The more people who know, the more people to give you and your children SUPPORT.

As for my W being here, please don't beat her up too much. It took a lot to get her to come her and face you all, I hate to see her get beat on too much (not that she doesn't deserve it)and give up on this sight, as it is one of our only lifelines at this point. Kind of lost the people we talked to with our problems.
Thanks again for the support!

Your wife is finally getting some REAL support from this board. If she runs off at the tough questions, that means she isn't serious. A person who is serious about recovery couldn't be run off by wild horses. We will see how serious she really is. Trust me, we won't be nearly as hard on her as she has been on her multitude of victims.

Exposure 101

O
O

This is fantastic news! Good job, Senn; I'm pulling for ya'

S
OP Offline
S
Pepper,
We have discussed this and have agreed to tell the kids. They are 13 and 15 and are capable of understanding, and no doubt know there is something terrible going on in our home. My plan is to talk to them at the end of dinner tonight. We need them to understand as we need them to step up and be a little more helpful, stop the bickering and fighting for a bit as it is not helping at all.

DDay #2 11/27/11
P
P
As for my W being here, please don't beat her up too much. It took a lot to get her to come her and face you all, I hate to see her get beat on too much

Recovery after adultery is difficult.
REALLY hard work.
Recovery is not for sissies.

I personally can get tough on waywards (of either gender) to awaken them to the realities of RECOVERY.

Gentleness will not do it. Gentleness alone, I should say.

Your WW's previous forum experience was very social.
She needs toughness.
She needs some wake up calls.
WW's experience has taught her that she can get away with leaving the heavy lifting to you.
Not this time.
She needs to do the heavy lifting this time.
(like pay for the poly by selling something she values)

Believe me, when your WW actually responds to or follows our advice, the tone of our responses will change.

If your marriage is going to make it, WW needs to be strong minded and open to hard work and reality checks.

Rewards will be dispensed later.

P
P
Pepper,
We have discussed this and have agreed to tell the kids. They are 13 and 15 and are capable of understanding, and no doubt know there is something terrible going on in our home. My plan is to talk to them at the end of dinner tonight. We need them to understand as we need them to step up and be a little more helpful, stop the bickering and fighting for a bit as it is not helping at all.

Bickering and fighting might be their way of dealing with stress. It's age appropriate.
Perhaps you can take a slightly different tack.

Tell them you understand that bickering may relieve their stress temporality.
Tell them it increases YOUR stress at a time when you are completely overwhelmed.
Then, give them homework.
Have them write down 10 ways they can relieve their stress without bickering with each other. You must approve their items. (If 10 is too much, make it 5)

Once they have completed the list, post it on the fridge.
Reward them with a compliment or some special attention when they do one of the alternative stress relieving behaviors.
When they are bickering, ask them to go to their lists and pick out a different activity.

M
M
Pepper,

Senn, I would not turn this into a critique of them. That will come across as very hypocritical and will be a distraction. This will be difficult enough without that distraction.

I would also explain to them that your families won't ever be in contact again and the reasons why.

Exposure 101

P
P
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Senn, I would not turn this into a critique of them. That will come across as very hypocritical and will be a distraction. This will be difficult enough without that distraction.

Agree!
Plus, they may misinterpret this as ....
"Mom's adultery was caused by us stressing her out when we fight/bicker."

I made a different suggestion.
Please consider it.
And, don't have that "bickering" discussion when you do exposure.

I would also explain to them that your families won't ever be in contact again and the reasons why.

This will be difficult for the kids and cause them heartache.
But, it is necessary.

M
M
Originally Posted by Pepperband
If your WW tries to talk you out of telling the kids, she is a lost cause.

DITTO!

Exposure 101

Page 6 of 26 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 515 guests, and 241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
esenlee, Dr. Kabona, zoneofpleasure, priyu04, margoqwerty66
71,883 Registered Users
Latest Posts
20 appointments and $1000’s later…
by bestintentions - 10/22/24 12:10 PM
How Do I Tell Him I Don’t Love the engagement ring
by BrainHurts - 10/22/24 10:30 AM
Children
by BrainHurts - 10/19/24 04:02 PM
Can I become attracted to anyone?
by phinnino1 - 10/11/24 08:57 AM
MBRadio show discussing electric fence pers.
by phinnino1 - 10/11/24 08:55 AM
Lack of sex - anyway to fix it?
by phinnino1 - 10/11/24 08:51 AM
Radio Program Still Active?
by phinnino1 - 10/11/24 08:50 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,613
Posts2,323,452
Members71,884
Most Online3,185
Jan 27th, 2020
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2024, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation