Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 6 25 26
M
M
Originally Posted by PiecesOfMe
Is it ok to not want to know if this went physical?
How much you need to know is up to you. I wanted every gritty detail. Other posters want less. I would suggest you assume it was physical because the opportunity was there. I would get checked for STDs just to be safe.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

G
G
POM, I should hasten to add a couple of things:

-- First, I'm not harshing on you. I have no standing to do so. I hurt for what you're facing. I just want you to keep it real about what you're confronting. I have unfortunately seen it from the inside.

-- Second, I'm not suggesting that you should wig out on your husband. One of the points about MarriageBuilders is that it strongly advises against so-called "Angry Outbursts." You need to show your husband that steel, but in love. Even if you're so angry you could spit nails. But you need to make clear to him what you won't stand for. The way my wife did.

-- Finally, re: your evidence, you need to be the judge of how much will be enough to convince. However, one thing you definitely should NOT do is give him or the OW any further forewarning whatsoever that you will be exposing. Just do it. Remember, exposure works best through its shock value. It keeps the affairees off-balance, and begins to make them realize that they aren't calling the shots & can't control events anymore. Confronted with this realization, many "cake-eaters" who still have a shred of a conscience simply throw in the towel on the affair, as it becomes far more trouble & disruption to their lives than they ever wished for.

Me: FWH, 50
My BW: Trust_Will_Come, 52, tall, beautiful & heart of gold
DD23, DS19
EA-then-PA Oct'08-Jan'09
Broke it off & confessed to BW (after OW's H found out) Jan.7 2009
Married 25 years & counting.
Grateful for forgiveness. Working to be a better husband.
"I wear the chain I forged in life... I made it link by link, and yard by yard" ~Jacob Marley's ghost, A Christmas Carol
"Do it again & you're out on your [bum]." ~My BW, Jan.7 2009
P
OP Offline
P
No... I already considered getting my dr to run a full std panel...anyway. I am going to ask for it regardless of what else I find out. I mentioned it to WH and he said "test away".

Me: BW (34)
Him: WH (38)

3 kids: 7, 3, & 7 mos

Married 7 years
DDAY #1 - 11/8/2011 (EA)
DDAY #2 - 12/6/2011 [unconfirmed possible 2nd A]

#2572279 12/07/11 12:20 AM
P
OP Offline
P
You all told me this would happen and I had a feeling it would but not like this.

I've been doing what was recommended here: continued monitoring/surveillance/gathering information. Sure enough, he got lazy and my access only got better.

Today I found evidence of what appears to be A SECOND CONCURRENT affair with yet another woman. This 2nd OW is also from work (not in the same building or town even), is also married with children and has been a long time "friend" of his. I never considered her a threat or that anything was up because he always told me about her and never saw her (at least that I knew of). Anyway, he's known this woman longer than he's known me so I can't imagine this hasn't gone physical at some point.

Her email simply said that she couldn't talk now that but that she awoke this morning "CRAVING" my husband. She requested a txt. She sent three emails before he finally replied with pictures of him and our family and our kids from thanksgiving (no text). He proceeded to immediately delete all the evidence of the communication. (I screen capped) I'm can only assume he called her after that (work phone so I have no record of it).

So now... my plan is to just collect enough evidence on THIS particular A and then confront him and tell him I am done. As of today I have checked out emotionally and he suspects something is up. He was being so sweet to me.

What can I expect when I confront him with this second affair? I plan to gather enough evidence that he can't deny it's just "fun" or "flirting". Will he blame me again? Deny and justify, etc? What can I expect and/or how should I handle it?

Married 7 years
DDAY #1 - 11/8/2011 (EA)

N
N
I am done...I have checked out emotionally

Given the truth of your own statement, why confront "him" at all?

Put together a total exposure package, and send it out to his (and her) universe of family, friends, co-workers, etc, with a note explaining that this is why you are dissolving the marriage. Also provide copies to your lawyer.

Don't look for drama (in a face-to-face showdown) where there is no need for one. Big risk, no reward.

S
S
ITA, don't bother confronting him. Expose this far and wide, and then go into Plan B. You can gain much perspective and healing during Plan B, and if you decide to enter Plan D, it will benefit you greatly.

Gather your evidence, get your Plan B letter ready, prepare for Plan B, and then expose, and enter Plan B.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
K
K
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed

Put together a total exposure package, and send it out to his (and her) universe of family, friends, co-workers, etc, with a note explaining that this is why you are dissolving the marriage. Also provide copies to your lawyer.

Don't look for drama (in a face-to-face showdown) where there is no need for one. Big risk, no reward.

No! If you are really planning to divorce, the plan is completely different. You need to do all the same snooping, but hold onto your intel until you have researched divorce laws in your area and talked to a lawyer. It might make a difference in your outcome.

Me: BS 51
Himself: WH 53, EA/PA w/ RunnerSlut his "running buddy."
Buncha' kids. The two youngest are still minors.
Separated: 08/13/09 after 25 years of marriage
Plan D: Filed 11/13/09 Final 3/30/11
MC told me that he probably has a personality disorder
Kirby #2572405 12/07/11 10:17 AM
M
M
Originally Posted by Kirby
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed

No! If you are really planning to divorce, the plan is completely different. You need to do all the same snooping, but hold onto your intel until you have researched divorce laws in your area and talked to a lawyer. It might make a difference in your outcome.

huh? This is news to me... Who said the plan is different if you plan on getting a divorce?

Piecesofme, Neverguessed is correct, you need to prepare an exposure packet and just send it out. Regardless of whether or not you get divorced, everyone should know of the affair. Most especially the OW's husband.

Good for you for patiently gathering the evidence.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

P
OP Offline
P
Ok...it's a new day (sort of)...I'm not sure I want divorce. I think there is still hope. I know people have survived multiple affairs...I don't know if I'm one of those people that can or if we have a marriage that can but I'm still willing to try.

I went for my STD test today. He doesn't know but he suspects something is up because my demeanor has changed drastically. He is now very remorseful. He is now very sorry.

I want to give it one more chance. I know I need to expose - to expose to close family (i.e. his mom, sisters, etc) should I do it in writing or by phone?

Do I confront him and go into Plan A or Plan B? I'm not going anywhere and I'm not throwing him out. I will check out of the marriage though: sleep on the couch, stay just for the kids, etc. I just don't know what to do next. I still need to gather more evidence on the 2nd A though. At his rate, I'm sure I'll get some today...

What if there are 5, 10 affairs? What do I do? How do you handle a multiple affair situation?

Thank you for your replies. I feel so so lost right now.
ETA: How do I find out who OW#2's husband is? Again, we work for the same employer so I have to be careful not to leak my exposure plan.

Last edited by PiecesOfMe; 12/07/11 10:51 AM.

Married 7 years
DDAY #1 - 11/8/2011 (EA)

M
M
Edited to say: NEVER MIND!! We already told you what to do and apparently you aren't doing that. There is nothing more we can help you with. As long as your H works with the OW and you keep the affair secret, this is hopeless.

Please stick to the same thread. I had to go back and re-read your other thread to get it.

Last edited by MelodyLane; 12/07/11 10:57 AM.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

P
P
Ok...it's a new day (sort of)...I'm not sure I want divorce. I think there is still hope. I know people have survived multiple affairs...I don't know if I'm one of those people that can or if we have a marriage that can but I'm still willing to try.

I went for my STD test today. He doesn't know but he suspects something is up because my demeanor has changed drastically. He is now very remorseful. He is now very sorry.

I want to give it one more chance. I know I need to expose - to expose to close family (i.e. his mom, sisters, etc) should I do it in writing or by phone?

Do I confront him and go into Plan A or Plan B? I'm not going anywhere and I'm not throwing him out. I will check out of the marriage though: sleep on the couch, stay just for the kids, etc. I just don't know what to do next. I still need to gather more evidence on the 2nd A though. At his rate, I'm sure I'll get some today...

What if there are 5, 10 affairs? What do I do? How do you handle a multiple affair situation?

Thank you for your replies. I feel so so lost right now.

Click on the carrot/stick link in my sig line.
Some of your questions may be answered there.
Carrot AND stick means Plan A is NOT "plan nice" or "plan doormat".

While you Plan A .... you get Plan B ready, just in case you need it.

LINK **** How to Plan B

NEVER discuss MB plans with a wayward spouse.
NEVER !

M
M
bump

Exposure 101

M
M
Ok read the Exposure 101.

I think I already did most of that when I confronted them at work.

It was a very public exposure and confirmation of the affair when I showed up there. He was VERY angry.

They were both ambushed by it too, no warning was given.

They still work together. And the workplace has never been informed so your H is free to pursue workplace affairs.

Exposure 101

T
T
Piece-
I guess only you can answer what to do if he has had multiple affairs..I think regardless of how many he has the key is if he will change or not..and don't think he had the affairs because of something you did, or didn't give him. It was all poor boundaries..so if you can work the MB program and he is willing to do what YOU require to continue the marriage then I think it's worth it but that will always be your choice..Good luck and never feel bad about snooping...!

M
M
Your marriage will not survive on-going affairs. And as long as your WH is working with these women, the affairs will continue.

D-Day 2-10-2009

M
M
Ok read the Exposure 101.

I think I already did most of that when I confronted them at work.
Exposure 101 You'd better go back and re-read that. The only thing you did was to expose to the two people who already knew they were having an affair.

D-Day 2-10-2009

M
M
Keep gathering intel...

I wouldn't be so quick to take separating off the table. You can separate for a short time without the full intention of divorcing but rather to deliver the message that this is serious and will require permanent changes in his behavior to mend (kind of a "When to Call it Quits" newsletter approach).

TWO OW in an indication that he's a collector. Like susieq's husband, he likes the attention of many and all women in his presence. He didn't slide down the slippery slope into an affair...he IS the slippery slope. I don't know all the facts of your situation but I fear that making recovery easy at all with a player like this is going to cost you tears in the future. Not that recovery isn't possible but absent this guy hitting rock bottom alone in his sister's or his parents basement under the daunting thought of having to pay child support for three children for the next 18 years...only then, might he get it and be willing to do ANYTHING to make it better.

Once you get all your facts...consider calling into Dr. Harley's radio show.

Mr. Wondering

FBH(me)-51 FWW-49 (MrsWondering)
DD19 DS 22 Dday-2005-Recovered

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
Your marriage will not survive on-going affairs. And as long as your WH is working with these women, the affairs will continue.

Understood, and I absolute agree - but clearly at this point, the problem runs deeper than that. OW#2 worked in the same building with him over 7 years ago. Not since then. He does not see her at work ever. We all just have the same employer. And clearly he's still carried on inappropriately with her. Unless he works strictly from home there WILL be other women at his next workplace.

Married 7 years
DDAY #1 - 11/8/2011 (EA)

P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by MrWondering
Keep gathering intel...

TWO OW in an indication that he's a collector. Like susieq's husband, he likes the attention of many and all women in his presence. He didn't slide down the slippery slope into an affair...he IS the slippery slope.

Mr. Wondering

YUP. I see that. So how do you deal with a collector?

Married 7 years
DDAY #1 - 11/8/2011 (EA)

M
M
Originally Posted by maritalbliss

Understood, and I absolute agree - but clearly at this point, the problem runs deeper than that. OW#2 worked in the same building with him over 7 years ago. Not since then. He does not see her at work ever. We all just have the same employer. And clearly he's still carried on inappropriately with her. Unless he works strictly from home there WILL be other women at his next workplace.

EXACTLY!! In order to recover he would have to take extraordinary precautions and that would mean not ever working around women again. In the meantime, you should officially notify Human Resources of your husband's very legally risky, unprofessional behavior. By keeping his secrets, you become part of the problem.

Your marriage will not make it unless he makes dramatic changes in his lifestyle and I don't see you even taking the first steps to achieve that.

Exposure 101

Page 4 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 6 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 315 guests, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation