Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 26 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 25 26
M
M
Originally Posted by TheRoad
[
However if OM was tested it and he was not the dad then we have further truth of his WW being a serial cheater.

We already KNOW she is a serial cheater. He doesn't need to get a DNA test to prove what he already knows. He has said this is not an issue with him and has asked us to drop it.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

P
P
Originally Posted by Pepperband
Dear Senn,

How are you holding up?
There is a lot for you to take in. A lot going on.
Do you feel you are mentally & emotionally strong right now?
Do you feel overwhelmed and close to a nervous breakdown?

Hoping you are OK.

T
T
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
...and the possible future value to the kids of having their medical/genetic history complete is of no import?

In order for Senn's kids to know their medical/genetic history (if they are not biologically his), OM would need to cooperate. Nooo

I vote NO DNA TESTING under these circumstances and after all these years.

OM does not have to be involved to determine if Senn is the dad.

Here is MY POINT, Road.
NeverGuessed seemed to think/imply/suggest that a DNA test would provide Senn's kids with "medical/genetic history".

This is factually not true.

Be aware that a desire for "complete" medical or genetic history/information is NOT a valid rationale to complete a paternity DNA test.

The word "complete" in this context bothers me too. But, I digress.

My point is not to get medical/genetic history but to get all the truth out of his WW. It would not surprise me that there are enough OM to fill a 9 passenger suburban.

This WW is only admitting to what her BH can prove.

The way the poly has started getting her to sing so will a paternity test.

Also notice how his WW is growing silent?

If his WW knows what I suspect is no so then she should be saying to her BH let's test away it will show I'm hiding nothing.

His WW is not saying it?

This WW is not doing anything to make DNA testing happen.

Why should we belivev her?

WHy should her BH believe her?

This WW has not brought enough to the table to get any passes.

Last edited by TheRoad; 12/11/11 06:35 PM.
P
P
My point is not to get medical/genetic history

I posted to correct a factual misconception as stated by NeverGuessed.
Understand?

M
M
Senn, how is it going? What did you decide to do?

Also, what hours does she work? Are you working opposite shifts

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
OP Offline
S
Hi all,
I took the weekend to clear my head and avoided reading anything here, as I said I am struggling right now and don't think it is helping. I have to gain my sanity and strength. I started His Needs Her Needs as WW is reading Surviving an Affair AGAIN, that helped a bit.

As for the continued debate over a DNA test on MY kids, Please, for the love of God, stop with that, I will never change my mind. I do not care, I will always assume and wholeheartedly believe they are my kids, and wouldn't want to risk the outcome of even the possibility they aren't. I want to continue being their father no matter who's DNA they have and will not question that, why would I want to. They look like me, same eyes, same hair, act like me and we love each other very much. I don't need a damned test to prove or disprove that. Thank you!

Thursday night had a near meltdown, I was up until 7 AM waiting for W to come home from work, to tell her I was leaving her. I was looking at phone records all night and became totally convinced WW had had a 4 month affair from Jan through May, as she was on a cell tower in a neighboring town around the time I got off every other day. I was completely convinced and was ready and planning on leaving her when she got home. As it turns out, the silly truth was she was taking my son to physical therapy every other day for a football injury & surgery he had had last year. I had a complete and utter breakdown when she reminded me of that. I cannot explain all the emotion I had, but, I can say I was a complete mess.

As for trust, I have found no evidence she is lying to me. I did every bit of research over the weekend that I am capable of. I have access to vacation records at work, and looked up OM's vacation days and compared them to phone records. I cannot find any holes in what she has told me. I have no reason to continue to doubt. I will verify with the poly.

Melody, We do work opposite shifts, I work days, she works nights.

Me BH previous user name SEM
WW Senninpaswife previous user name Keep Smiling
Married 16 years - HS sweethearts
2 kids, Boy 15 years, Girl 13 years

WW's Affair #1,2,3,4 @ 1 year into marriage All ONS type PAs
DDay #1 09/11/01 False recovery for 10 years

WW's Affair #5 07/11 - 10/11 with my best friend EA&PA
DDay #2 11/27/11
P
P
May I suggest you hit "Notify" and write the mods a little note about how the unwanted DNA discussion is disruptive to your thread.
Take care.

K
K
You should continue to check, however. Total trust can be dangerous, especially to a couple attempting to recover from an affair.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
M
M
Originally Posted by senninpa
Melody, We do work opposite shifts, I work days, she works nights.

SEM, I am glad you are back, I was starting to get worried.

Getting her shift changed will be an important element of your recovery. In order for recovery to take place, your lives have to become as integrated as possible, which means all of your leisure time needs to be together. Working opposite shifts leaves her wife open to pursue affairs. If you are working the same shifts, though, you will be able to spend all of your off time together. You can run errands together, go out together, everything. That will be one of the extraordinary precautions that should be put in place.

Rather than have her read the SAA *again* I would have her focus completely and totally on establishing extraordinary precautions. REading that book will be a distraction from taking some real steps towards affair proofing your marriage. She already knows what is in that book.

Better to work on affair proofing your marriage in a way that it will be impossible for her to lead the necessary second life to pursue affairs. And I believe this is the basic problem. She is happening into affairs, she is out chasing men whereever she goes.

Exposure 101

M
M
turns out, the silly truth was she was taking my son to physical therapy every other day for a football injury & surgery he had had last year. I had a complete and utter breakdown when she reminded me of that. I cannot explain all the emotion I had, but, I can say I was a complete mess.

I take it you have verified this story?

Exposure 101

M
M
Senninpa, when is the polygraph scheduled? I've asked your WW a few times, but she's ignored my posts.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

S
OP Offline
S
Melody, The same shift is our goal. I do agree on the Surviving an Affair, it is in review, but I feel it is still helpful.
She is working on your assignment, and mine as well. I told her to look up respect and how to respect herself and our marriage. She is looking up some books on improving her self confidence. She is reading and asking questions on your extraordinary precautions. I told her she needs to print off a couple of copies and tape one to her dresser, and read them every day for a month and then at minimum once a week after that. She promised she would.

I didn't have to confirm the PT in our neighboring town. When I was overcome with suspicion I totally lost any reason or thought on what else it could have been. It was a big surgery and many DR visits, and lots of PT in the town I was so sure was another A, before being reminded by WW. I could only imagine what she thought when I, ready to walk out the door, broke down in front of her when she reminded me of what it really was. Wow, the imagination gets the best of you when your in this state of mind.

Bliss,
NO schedule yet, waiting unit January, we will schedule ASAP in the first week of Jan. We have to maintain financial stability and I do not feel comfortable forking over that kind of $ until we get our year end bonuses. Our marriage is a big enough mess without destroying our finances to immediately fix things, it can wait as long as I can keep my sanity.

Me BH previous user name SEM
WW Senninpaswife previous user name Keep Smiling
Married 16 years - HS sweethearts
2 kids, Boy 15 years, Girl 13 years

WW's Affair #1,2,3,4 @ 1 year into marriage All ONS type PAs
DDay #1 09/11/01 False recovery for 10 years

WW's Affair #5 07/11 - 10/11 with my best friend EA&PA
DDay #2 11/27/11
M
M
She is working on your assignment, and mine as well. I told her to look up respect and how to respect herself and our marriage. She is looking up some books on improving her self confidence.

SEM, one of the best ways to improve her self respect is to act in ways that are respectable. Once she does that, she will have something to respect. Changing her behavior by implementing extraordinary precautions so that she CANNOT behave disrespectfully will make a huge difference. But she needs to FIRST change her behavior and then her feelings will follow. Feelings follow actions. Her self confidence will improve WHEN she behaves in ways that inspire confidence.

My concern is that she will get distracted reading books instead of focusing on changing her BEHAVIOR. I can tell that she spends alot of time chasing men and I wonder if she has come clean about that?

Exposure 101

C
C
I told her to look up respect and how to respect herself and our marriage. She is looking up some books on improving her self confidence.

Check out my W's thread and read glove oil's wonderfully insightful comments to her (and others).

It's short, but i think pertinent..

http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2551966&page=1

CV

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
M
M
NO schedule yet, waiting unit January, we will schedule ASAP in the first week of Jan. We have to maintain financial stability and I do not feel comfortable forking over that kind of $ until we get our year end bonuses. Our marriage is a big enough mess without destroying our finances to immediately fix things, it can wait as long as I can keep my sanity

Why wouldn't she volunteer to sell her gun and motorcycle instead? And let the poly happen sooner rather than later? This "readiness" of hers is half-a$$ed.

You are giving her way too much time to set her faily tales straight.

Me, FWW: 43
Mr_Recon6mo, FWH: 44
DD20 and DS23
3 cats
Married 23 years, together 24
Divorcing

M
M
I told her to look up respect and how to respect herself and our marriage. She is looking up some books on improving her self confidence.

Senn, I'm not sure how to say this, but you need to take stock of how much you really know about saving marriages. It seems like you think learning how to respect oneself and the marriage is some core step here. What I can tell is that you are using your own thinking to put together a plan.

The problem is that you really just don't know that much, at this point, about what's going to be required. Some would say that for most of us on this site, our own thinking screwed up our marriages.

Dr. Harley really does know how to save marriages. He's done it for decades. He has a plan, and he says that recovery from infidelity is a very narrow path, and that missing parts of the plan will inevitably result in failure. This is what happened after the last time you were here. You guys picked and chose what parts of the plan you wanted to do, left stuff out, added or substituted stuff from your own thinking, and look where it got you.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
A
A
apologies

Last edited by allaloneagain; 12/13/11 12:49 PM. Reason: did not realize Op requested
P
P
Originally Posted by allaloneagain
DNA test can also show that the kids are only step siblings.

This is disgustingly offensive to all families who may not share DNA, and I applaud you, OP, for maintaining that the children you have raised are YOUR children, regardless of chromosomes.

Allaloneagain - the OP has requested that people STOP discussing the DNA issue. As a newcomer to this thread you may have missed that.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
A
A
My apologies. I have deleted my comment.

Z
Z
Sell the damaged motorcycle as is. Your wife needs to step up to the plate NOW.

Page 13 of 26 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 217 guests, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Dr. Kabona, zoneofpleasure, priyu04, margoqwerty66, Torres1986
71,882 Registered Users
Latest Posts
20 appointments and $1000’s later…
by bestintentions - 10/22/24 12:10 PM
Children
by BrainHurts - 10/19/24 04:02 PM
Can I become attracted to anyone?
by phinnino1 - 10/11/24 08:57 AM
MBRadio show discussing electric fence pers.
by phinnino1 - 10/11/24 08:55 AM
Lack of sex - anyway to fix it?
by phinnino1 - 10/11/24 08:51 AM
Radio Program Still Active?
by phinnino1 - 10/11/24 08:50 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,613
Posts2,323,452
Members71,883
Most Online3,185
Jan 27th, 2020
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2024, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation