Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
P
P
Originally Posted by zibbles
When high on an affair, NOTHING the BS does is good enough. You can spend hours talking with her about how she sees you and your contribution to the marriage and it won't shift her until the affair spell is broken.

When wayward, all we see are the flaws in our existing relationship. My husband could have been a saint when I was wayward but all I saw were the things that bothered me and they were amplified about 150%.

hurray hurray hurray

EGG ZAK LEE

T
OP Offline
T
Yeah.. As I suspected its too late.. for exposure.. She enacted a plan to cause a huge issue that would justify her leaving her own parents here and go spend the weekend with this dudes family who apparently All support their relationship..

She is being moved out now.

T
OP Offline
T
I hope that the fact .. that the dude panicked and backed out on the plan without telling her and left for his parents place without her.. then when She carried through and stormed out.. not able to get ahold ofhim for 2 hours the dude refused to come back and get her and left her on the street in front of his house.. here in town.. She got a ride home blamed me for it and tried to kick me out.. Her Dad drove her to a friends house..

Z
Z
It is NOT too late! And as you can see, his family is not supporting this or he wouldn't have taken off without her. Expose to them! Let them know what is happening here...that a married woman with children is tramping around with their son!

She is an addict. The sooner you get your head around this, the better. She cannot be trusted to do anything rational right now. I'm glad her parents are seeing this up close. Protect yourself and your children.

Expose this loser OM to his work and family. This will be the death blow to an affair that might be close to imploding.

H
H

Dude, did you leave throw out your man bits with the video games? Marriage is a 50/50 split.

Yeah, you screwed up and spent all your time playing video games. You horrible, horrible man. It sure justifies her going out clubbing and snogging another man, right? Because you allow her that excuse.

Did she ever present herself as an enjoyable alternative to gaming? I'll bet she didn't, because neither did my wife; instead she tried to use angry outbursts and selfish demands... And when that didn't work? An affair.

If she ever pulled some crap on me like yours is pulling on you, her azz would be on the curb so quick, she would forget what state she lived in.

Quit letting an adultress run the show, and man the funk up!

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
T
OP Offline
T
..... she just called and asked if she could come home... This is going to be tense.. I really dont know how to be when she walks in the door.. She actually asked me to come get her.. But her Dad was already close and said he would..

Last edited by TeEstimo; 12/31/11 06:49 PM.
H
H
Man. Up.

Don't feed her fog babble. Don't be disrespectful. If she tries to toss games in your face, ask if she thinks it's going to rain.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

T
OP Offline
T
yeah I dont know .. My stomack is freaking out.. Because .. last night she really did cross a line.. So I dont know how I am going to act.. or should act for all that.. I know I need to keep calm cool and collected.. but.. what to say.. I am at the point that she needs to make a choice.. this dude or her family.. and If she isnt willing to stop seeing him.. I cant have her here anymore. But.. then again.. I am kind of pissed off right now..

H
H
Making that statement is simple;

If you wish to remain in our family home, it will only be as part of a marriage. I will not accept a marriage with 3 people in it. It is me and you, or it is you with the door hitting your tail on the way out. I love you, and I am willing to give you the chance to create a loving marriage. I've made my choice. Now, make yours.

C
C
Originally Posted by TeEstimo
yeah I dont know .. My stomack is freaking out.. Because .. last night she really did cross a line.. So I dont know how I am going to act.. or should act for all that.. I know I need to keep calm cool and collected.. but.. what to say.. I am at the point that she needs to make a choice.. this dude or her family.. and If she isnt willing to stop seeing him.. I cant have her here anymore. But.. then again.. I am kind of pissed off right now..

Good. Seems you have been putting off getting mad about this for a while. Don't give her any angry outbursts, but focus the anger in a positive way.

Use you anger for action. Tell her she has to leave if she continues her behavior because it is unacceptable.

Waywards are like angry 8th graders. they pitch a fit when things don't go their way and are overly hormonal. Set the bar for your marriage high. Don't waiver from it.

CV

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
T
OP Offline
T
The last couple days has been a little weird. She seems to be risisting communication with the OM. There is a routine she goes through when she wants to call him. She has done this several times.. I see the phone come on then immediately go off then she comes back down stairs and sits across the room. I catch her often stairing at me.

I feel she is starting to see that this guy does not care for her like she thought. She called out to him all night friday. All day sat. He did not come. He left her outside his house Friday night. She cried to her dad about that.. Her dad told her.. you know your husband no matter the situation no matter where you were would come for you.

So.. Like I said its weird She is resisting me still but coming closer a little bit as the time progresses. I read that one of the reasons why affairs continue is the WS feels that they already did too much damage and their BS could never forgive.. My wife is the type that would think this. When she still is in the mode of not wanting to hear what I have to say.. I can I show her that I can and want to.?

M
M
When she still is in the mode of not wanting to hear what I have to say.. I can I show her that I can and want to.?

Complacence does not show love, it reflects a lack of caring. You are causing great harm to your marriage and if your wife ever wakes up she will remember that you would not help her. This is sickening. Her affair might end if the OM dumps her, but she will remain foggy and will just go onto another affair. She will hold it against you for not helping her in her time of need and fighting for your marriage. n

You hurt her also by trying to inappropriately ply your cheap, meaningless "forgiveness" on her. You might want to re-consider that stupid strategy and apply "forgiveness" in the way it was MEANT to be applied, with REPENTENCE. Your wife has not repented. Can't We Just Forgive and Forget?

You are wrecking your marriage and causing as much harm as your wife. For absolutely no good reason. It makes me sick.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Another thing you should consider in your strategy of enabling and conflict avoidance is that the love of woman is very contingent upon the RESPECT she feels for her husband. We do not respect men who allow us to run over them.

Women do not respect doormats. They make us sick. Allowing your wife to run over you and harm your children does not incent her love, it incents her revulsion. Women don't love men they can run over.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

N
N

Did you get ahold of the book I mentioned?

Within a few hour you can have a good working practical idea of what the man is- that your WW and children are looking for.

Doesn't take years of practice.

A lot of it may already (hopefully) be within you but just needs to come out.

Man up dude! Your WW and kids are sinking in a boat and your worried about throwing them the life jackets cause they may get wet.

Come on...get moving

It is not too late to expose and get this rolling. ML is right-Your wife will remember if you do nothing.........
nESRE

C
C
The last couple days has been a little weird. She seems to be risisting communication with the OM. There is a routine she goes through when she wants to call him. She has done this several times.. I see the phone come on then immediately go off then she comes back down stairs and sits across the room. I catch her often stairing at me.

I feel she is starting to see that this guy does not care for her like she thought. She called out to him all night friday. All day sat. He did not come. He left her outside his house Friday night. She cried to her dad about that.. Her dad told her.. you know your husband no matter the situation no matter where you were would come for you.

So.. Like I said its weird She is resisting me still but coming closer a little bit as the time progresses. I read that one of the reasons why affairs continue is the WS feels that they already did too much damage and their BS could never forgive.. My wife is the type that would think this. When she still is in the mode of not wanting to hear what I have to say.. I can I show her that I can and want to.?

Do you realize that you are doing the exact same thing she has accused you of over the years, just in a different way? You have checked out and are not fighting for your marriage. What she is experiencing is called withdrawal. She is resisting you because you refuse to stand up and fight for your marriage. Even if this stops, she will likely end up primed for another A.

CV

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
H
H
TeEstimo,

WHY ARE YOU HERE?

This forum is for people who WANT TO HELP YOU SAVE YOUR MARRIAGE.

All YOU are doing is blogging the pity party of a soft, puddle of a man as he stands by idly and watches his marriage and family crumble.

You are neither implementing the steps you are given, nor acknowledging those who are taking their time to get you moving.

Why should anyone keep reading? Why should we keep posting?

Are you going to ACT, or are we to just read "The continual meltdown of a sad sack?"

STAND UP!

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 161 guests, and 43 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
peppa, RP4280, Philip Pitre, ClarencePeterson, ColsDawg
71,872 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Spying on Wife's phone without getting caught?
by ClarencePeterson - 09/22/24 08:59 PM
Depression
by ClarencePeterson - 09/22/24 11:19 AM
Separated/Dating
by ClarencePeterson - 09/21/24 08:58 PM
Child activities
by ClarencePeterson - 09/21/24 08:56 PM
Loss of libido/Sexual Attraction
by ClarencePeterson - 09/21/24 06:10 AM
Involucrar o no a la familia por apoyo
by ClarencePeterson - 09/21/24 06:09 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,607
Posts2,323,424
Members71,872
Most Online3,185
Jan 27th, 2020
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2024, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation