Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 34 of 48 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 47 48
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by TheRoad
Originally Posted by PrayIncessantly
Elaborate - EXPOSE TO OM Parents and get your lawyer to start trying to get child support from your WW. Also get your lawyer to send a letter stating the Felony of adultery in your state and he will be deposing OM, WW, OM's friends, family, business, etc.

WW: "OM, my loser husband is now wanting me to pay him $500/month in child support. I can't afford that and live in my apartment."

OM: "I can't help you WW, my business is hurting. What the hell, what if he deposes me? He already went insane and told everyone."

WW: "We have each other, we can make it through a deposition."

OM: "This is such crap, can't you make him go away. This is going to hurt my business. Do something WW"

WW: "What do you want me to do? Why don't you stand up to him."

OM: "He's your husband, make him stop. Good grief Woman!"

... Get the picture!!!

You don't do this.

Originally Posted by comedytragedy
SW,
I've said this before but I want to remind you what snapped me out of my fog.....FEAR.

You must do what you can to have her believe she is slowly losing anything secure to her.

Do you still have joint accounts? Is the house also in her name? The cars?

Figure out what you can take from her that OM will have to provide. He will get tired really quickly from all her garbage. She'll soon no longer be worth it for him.

You'll see when you read SAA. The situation is remarkably similar to yours.

You HAVE to make her think that you're pulling away and will no longer be an option for her. This will scare her.

Fear was my biggest motivator in stopping my affair. I didn't want to lose all I had.
CT

More great advice. But still no action on your part.

Except to keep posting twice more here on MB.

NEWS FLASH NEWS FLASH NEWS FLASH NEWS FLASH NEWS FLASH NEWS FLASH

Posting is just the same as talking. Neither one is to be confused with doing.

Just information for you guys: House is in our names, but she is not paying anything on it. Damn, I forgot to ask lawyer about that - I will do so as it would provide more financial stress on her. Since even if she files for D, she will still have to pay her share of the house for the duration of the D process, and I KNOW she cannot afford that. The car is in both our names, but she's making the payment. Getting the car in her name would do nothing to her financially and make her feel more independent. No joint accounts.

Me: 49
WW: 45
Married almost 23 years
Together 26+ years
DS18
DD15
D-Day: 7/28/11
Separated: 11/18/11
WW filed for D on 2/14/12 (3 days after near full exposure)
D final: 9/17/12
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by Lexxxy
SW --

When you start moving on without her, she will panic about being left behind. She will start imagining that you will replace her with a better model.

She will contrast the fact that her kids want nothing to do with OM, and any time she spends with OM will be without her kids.
Meanwhile, the kids will gracefully and happily accept any new girlfriend or stepmom that you introduce -- because you are doing things the right way. (not a sleazy affair)

She will envision happy holidays and vacations that you and your kids and the new woman will take in the future. She KNOWS she is gonna hate that.

DD already told me she wants nothing to do with OM. But if someday I remarry, she would accept who I was with, because I didn't do anything wrong.

DD told me this within the past week or so, without me even asking. It's exactly vebatim what you said Lexxxy!

I just wish she would tell WW this. Maybe she has already. DD is pretty feisty and doesn't put up with anybody's sh*t. I'm proud of her for having that characteristic.

DS is firm with his beliefs, but has a passive, laid back attitude. Confrontational only when he's pushed. He's like me. DD on the other hand will get right up someone's grill without any hesitation.

Last edited by stillwaiting1963; 02/15/12 12:04 PM.

Married almost 23 years
Together 26+ years
DS18
DD15
L
L
Having an air of CONFIDENCE inspires respect in your WW.
So you should NOT appear needy or clingy.

You need to project going about your business....Plan A here and there....but for sure show that you are competent and confident about your future. The message to your WW should be that you have learned from your mistakes, you've studied and learned how to have a great relationship, you would love for her to be the beneficiary of that knowledge and commitment, but if not -- your next wife will be treated very well.

Be a great father. Be a great employee. Be a great person.

Be someone she would be attracted to in any other circumstance.

C
C
Still,
Sorry it took me so long to answer. I am at work and only had a chance to check your thread right now.

Everything Lexxy is telling you is right on. She knows right now that you're willing to take her back. If you take that option away, she will have to make a decision very quickly as to what to do. I think she feels that she can walk all over you because exposure wasn't done right away.

In the beginning, I was so drugged out and "high" that I thought about leaving my BH. OM even paid for me to consult with a lawyer. Has your wife met with a lawyer yet? It freaked me out so badly. It was a wake up call to what I had to lose and how I really felt about my H.

During that appt. I was pissed at OM. and I could see myself going down the wrong path with him. I could imagine myself saying, "You did this to me!"

I told OM that I had no intention of leaving my family. I told him I understand if he needs to break it off in order to move on. He chose to continue with our affair for two and a half years after that conversation.

I think he thought I would change my mind and when he realized I wouldn't, he decided to call my H and blow up my world. He was insanely jealous of my H.

Anyway, you need to have your lawyer demand that she make mortgage payments.

Lexxy is right. Your wife needs to come to see what she has to lose. However, keep taking care of yourself and being sweet. There is a difference between being nasty and protecting yourself.

My BH asked for a post nup which I agreed to (even though we never ended up needing it). Can you do that? Tell her you're protecting yourself and the kids? That you don't know enough about OM to trust that he'd be a good stepfather.

Tell her you're moving on and are going to start dating. I know you think this will make her happy but I don't think so. I think she will begin to freak out about some other woman influencing your DD. That was one of my biggest fears. I never want any other woman having anything to do with raising my children.

Feel free to ask me very specific questions. I was not as "far gone" as your wife is but I can still try to tell you what I was feeling at certain times.

Just remember that dealing with your wife is like dealing with a drunk or a drug addict. They're so high that they're not capable of reasoning.

The only things that are going to smack her in the face with reality are showing her what it would really be like if you two got divorced and she'd be stuck with OM.

I think I mentioned this before but my BH was about to drive me to POSOM's apt. and leave me there so I was FORCED to be with him. You have to FORCE her into seeing reality. You're being too lenient (sp?) on her.

Do what you need to do to wake her up but do it nicely. I know that's difficult. She will begin to see that you are NOT a wimp that can be manipulated and she'll begin to manipulate OM. This will make him RUN!!
CT

Me: WW41
Hubby: BH40...My Amazing forgiving man (CharpyTest)
DD: 8 DS: 8 DD: 6
EA/PA: 3 years
May 25, 2011 (Formal NC letter sent)
L
L
Tell her you're moving on and are going to start dating.

I wholeheartedly disagree with this.

You can imply that you are comfortable with moving on after a divorce, but you should never never never begin dating while you are still married. Do not jump into the cesspool with her. (That would please WW immensely! because then you would be equally to blame)

You absolutely must stay on the moral high ground.

S
OP Offline
S
Still,
Sorry it took me so long to answer. I am at work and only had a chance to check your thread right now.

Everything Lexxy is telling you is right on. She knows right now that you're willing to take her back. If you take that option away, she will have to make a decision very quickly as to what to do. I think she feels that she can walk all over you because exposure wasn't done right away.

You're absolutely right. I think even with exposure, she knows I would take her back. And yes, the more thorough exposure happened later, so she knows she can walk all over me.

In the beginning, I was so drugged out and "high" that I thought about leaving my BH. OM even paid for me to consult with a lawyer. Has your wife met with a lawyer yet? It freaked me out so badly. It was a wake up call to what I had to lose and how I really felt about my H.

As of Friday, February 10th, she had not filed. When I talked to lawyer, he looked it up and she hadn't. Now whether she talked to one to get advice, I do not know. And whether she has talked to one since the larger exposure this past weekend, I do not know. I did hear from my sister that she was going to wait until after DS's birthday (next week) to file, cause he would be 18. But she also texted my sister this on the day of exposure, and I've been told not to listen to any of that because she was in such a rage. So I need to wait and see what happens at the end of this month to see which path she's taking.

During that appt. I was pissed at OM. and I could see myself going down the wrong path with him. I could imagine myself saying, "You did this to me!"

I told OM that I had no intention of leaving my family. I told him I understand if he needs to break it off in order to move on. He chose to continue with our affair for two and a half years after that conversation.

I think he thought I would change my mind and when he realized I wouldn't, he decided to call my H and blow up my world. He was insanely jealous of my H.

Anyway, you need to have your lawyer demand that she make mortgage payments.

I plan on doing this ASAP. If I can get this to stick, it will have a significant impact on her even if she files.

Lexxy is right. Your wife needs to come to see what she has to lose. However, keep taking care of yourself and being sweet. There is a difference between being nasty and protecting yourself.

My BH asked for a post nup which I agreed to (even though we never ended up needing it). Can you do that? Tell her you're protecting yourself and the kids? That you don't know enough about OM to trust that he'd be a good stepfather.

Tell her you're moving on and are going to start dating. I know you think this will make her happy but I don't think so. I think she will begin to freak out about some other woman influencing your DD. That was one of my biggest fears. I never want any other woman having anything to do with raising my children.

DD has over 3 more years of school left, so she is at an impressionable age for a little while to come. Not like she will be out of the house where nothing can influence her.

Feel free to ask me very specific questions. I was not as "far gone" as your wife is but I can still try to tell you what I was feeling at certain times.

Just remember that dealing with your wife is like dealing with a drunk or a drug addict. They're so high that they're not capable of reasoning.

The only things that are going to smack her in the face with reality are showing her what it would really be like if you two got divorced and she'd be stuck with OM.

I think I mentioned this before but my BH was about to drive me to POSOM's apt. and leave me there so I was FORCED to be with him. You have to FORCE her into seeing reality. You're being too lenient (sp?) on her.

Do what you need to do to wake her up but do it nicely. I know that's difficult. She will begin to see that you are NOT a wimp that can be manipulated and she'll begin to manipulate OM. This will make him RUN!!
CT

Married almost 23 years
Together 26+ years
DS18
DD15
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by stillwaiting1963
She will begin to see that you are NOT a wimp that can be manipulated and she'll begin to manipulate OM. This will make him RUN!!
CT

This is a very interesting concept, which I never heard of before. Is this true? If she was used to pretty much getting her way with me, me not wanting to rock the boat too much for fear of upsetting her, if I portray confidence, calm and cool, not letting her affect me, yet knowing I'm confident with myself going forward, that she will realize she can't get that out of me anymore and will try to get it from/manipulate OM?

Is this true? Because it's a very intriguing concept that would give me a huge boost [in my confidence to better myself] in Plan A. But please don't reply yes only to increase my dedication to Plan A, I really need to know this answer and specifically from CT or Lexxxy or other FWW's.

Last edited by stillwaiting1963; 02/15/12 02:57 PM. Reason: typo

Married almost 23 years
Together 26+ years
DS18
DD15
S
OP Offline
S

You can imply that you are comfortable with moving on after a divorce, but you should never never never begin dating while you are still married. Do not jump into the cesspool with her. (That would please WW immensely! because then you would be equally to blame)

No need to worry about that. Last thing I want to do is get involved with anyone else.

Married almost 23 years
Together 26+ years
DS18
DD15
M
M

I agree because we cannot use manipulation tactics. We squeeze the wayward financially and we get the truth spoken.

How they handle this is their choice.

Still - Get CS papers moving and show WW what it will be like after divorce ... she pays you!!!
Still - Get a letter from your attorney specifying the felony of adultery and how you will depose all parties.

Still - FIND OM PARENTS!!!!!!

C
C
Still,
I was NOT encouraging you to start dating. I just think if your wife "thinks" you're moving on that she'll begin to become very insecure. PI feels this is manipulation, so perhaps it's not a good idea.

I'm no expert. I was just telling you how I was thinking at that time. I became very fearful when I even imagined my BH with someone else.

I guess what I was trying to say is that your wife is not looking at the big picture. She's not capable of that right now. She's only concerned with her temporary fix.

I certainly wasn't suggesting that you manipulate her. I just think that one of the things that snapped me out of the fog was seeing how my life would be "in the future" with OM. Also, what my husband's and kids lives would be like in the future.

My husbands parents are divorced so I've seen how awful it can be in the future. Your wife needs to understand that divorcing you is not temporary.......it's it's permanent.

It's definitely in your favor that she hasn't filed yet.
CT

Me: WW41
Hubby: BH40...My Amazing forgiving man (CharpyTest)
DD: 8 DS: 8 DD: 6
EA/PA: 3 years
May 25, 2011 (Formal NC letter sent)
S
OP Offline
S
Still,
I was NOT encouraging you to start dating. I just think if your wife "thinks" you're moving on that she'll begin to become very insecure. PI feels this is manipulation, so perhaps it's not a good idea.

I'm no expert. I was just telling you how I was thinking at that time. I became very fearful when I even imagined my BH with someone else.

I guess what I was trying to say is that your wife is not looking at the big picture. She's not capable of that right now. She's only concerned with her temporary fix.

I certainly wasn't suggesting that you manipulate her. I just think that one of the things that snapped me out of the fog was seeing how my life would be "in the future" with OM. Also, what my husband's and kids lives would be like in the future.

My husbands parents are divorced so I've seen how awful it can be in the future. Your wife needs to understand that divorcing you is not temporary.......it's it's permanent.

CT

CT,

First off, I'm not going to date other women. That's wrong and I'm staying on the moral high road.

And you're right, I don't think she can see the big picture right now. She only sees what's right in front of her face and what's going to happen maybe as late as tomorrow or the upcoming weekend at the latest. My boss went through this about 2 years ago (they're reconciling) and he said his wife was the exact same way. Could only see what was happening that day.

So in her current state, I don't know if she has the capability to feel insecure. Maybe. But I would think she needs an eye-opener before she can begin experiencing true insecurity and jealousy (towards me). Your eye opener was having OM offer to pay for your divorce. This allowed you to begin looking at your future. But if I understand what you wrote, even after this eye opener, you still continued seeing OM? Is that correct?

Because she hasn't had an eye opener yet, I cannot think of anything that would cause her any fear. I have no idea what effect this past weekend's exposure has had on the A, other than knowing as recent as Monday night, she was IMMENSELY pissed off at me and what I did. Even the MIL was YELLING at me. So those two must have been fueling each others fire. She was even more pissed off at me on Monday, than she was on Saturday when she discovered the beginning effects of the exposure. That leads me to believe that alot must have come out of the exposure between Saturday and Monday. Or she had time to sit and think about it.

Maybe losing the kids would cause fear, but the fact that the kids are against what she's doing and really don't do much of anything with her, leads me to believe that the kids' feelings are not affecting her much. I could be wrong.

Married almost 23 years
Together 26+ years
DS18
DD15
V
V
She was even more pissed off at me on Monday, than she was on Saturday when she discovered the beginning effects of the exposure.
I think I'm beginning to see the underlying issue here. After seeing how pissed off your WW was after her exposure you're now terrified of what the OM's response to YOU would be after your exposure of him. If so, I can understand that...to a degree.

But what you have to understand is that OMs are notoriously wimpy when confronted by a determined husband willing to fight for his woman and his family (cough cough, but women love it). I betcha he considers your wife nothing more than a piece of side action. Manning up will bring this out in the open. Right now, he's laughing at you because you are NO threat to him and he can do what he wants, whenever he wants with your wife, with NO fear of repercussions from you. None!!

You have two choices now:

1) Be okay with this
2) Become a threat

You're trying to apply logic to a situation that, at this moment, defies logic in the normal sense. I got news for you bud; you're analyzing yourself straight to divorce court. You lose more of your advantage with each passing day of inaction. Each day of inaction equals further entrenchment of their sleazy Harlequin romance at the infidel hotel.

Choose

Every man I meet is in some way my superior; and in that I can learn of him.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

M
M
Agree 100% with TW - DO what he says

S
S
Still,

Me again. Dang, I can't write anything better than what Tiger Wes has written. PI says the same.

I know I drift in and throw harsh comments to you, but please know it's from care, not harm.

I think I am caught up, but wanted to comment on one thing: and that is your attitude and actions toward OM.

You already know that your WW is going to be psycho.

Whatever and who cares...that will pass as long as you stay the course.

Get in front of this OM and tell him to back off for life. Bond. James Bond. No more, no less.

As a woman, there is nothing better.

Last edited by Surfer88; 02/15/12 07:54 PM. Reason: grammar
S
S
BECAOME A THREAT, dude. Now. Yesterday. Do not worry about WW now. Run the scrum off the plantation...NOW.

V
V
Originally Posted by Surfer88
I know I drift in and throw harsh comments to you, but please know it's from care, not harm.
SW, ditto. I do hope you understand this. I'm (we're) not here for the chuckles. We're trying to help YOU.

Okie dokie- You have fired a very well placed shot over the bow. It definitely got some serious attention, but getting attention isn't enough to win the war in which you find yourself embroiled.

SW, okay, this is where you are right now. You actually started this war by whatever you didn't do to take care of your wife's EN's. She's hungered to have those needs met for quite some time (obviously), and unfortunately for you, they were. But by someone else. I know..it sucks to high heaven, and I feel for you and your kids.

That bow shot needs to be followed by another well placed shot right into the command center (the OM). You do that, and you stand a good chance of destroying the adultery vessel. Now, if you don't? Then anchors away, and then you'll be left standing there (alone), scratching your head, going...

WTF?????

Every man I meet is in some way my superior; and in that I can learn of him.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

N
N
Still,

CT

CT,

First off, I'm not going to date other women. That's wrong and I'm staying on the moral high road.

And you're right, I don't think she can see the big picture right now. She only sees what's right in front of her face and what's going to happen maybe as late as tomorrow or the upcoming weekend at the latest. My boss went through this about 2 years ago (they're reconciling) and he said his wife was the exact same way. Could only see what was happening that day.

So in her current state, I don't know if she has the capability to feel insecure. Maybe. But I would think she needs an eye-opener before she can begin experiencing true insecurity and jealousy (towards me). Your eye opener was having OM offer to pay for your divorce. This allowed you to begin looking at your future. But if I understand what you wrote, even after this eye opener, you still continued seeing OM? Is that correct?

Because she hasn't had an eye opener yet, I cannot think of anything that would cause her any fear. I have no idea what effect this past weekend's exposure has had on the A, other than knowing as recent as Monday night, she was IMMENSELY pissed off at me and what I did. Even the MIL was YELLING at me. So those two must have been fueling each others fire. She was even more pissed off at me on Monday, than she was on Saturday when she discovered the beginning effects of the exposure. That leads me to believe that alot must have come out of the exposure between Saturday and Monday. Or she had time to sit and think about it.

Maybe losing the kids would cause fear, but the fact that the kids are against what she's doing and really don't do much of anything with her, leads me to believe that the kids' feelings are not affecting her much. I could be wrong.

1 30 2012
Re: Wondering how to proceed [Re: stillwaiting1963] MelodyLane

Loc: Texas
Listen, this guy is a complete weasel who will go away soon enough. You have a serious competitive advantage here. you are the father of her children and you AREN'T a weasel!

Quote:
. I'm confused because if we have a spat about something

DON'T have any spats!! None! Make yourself as attractive as possible. Next time she stops by be as pleasant and attractive as possible.

Another thing you should do is RE-DECORATE the house! Ask for her assistance.
Misplaced compassion gives power to evil...
Exposure 101 <--READ THIS IF YOUR SPOUSE IS HAVING AN AFFAIR!

Tell her you are going to redecorate and ask for her opinion. For example, make plans to repaint some rooms and tell her you can't decide on macadamia or cream puff. Ask what she thinks. Doing some redecorating will make you feel better about the house and might get h interested in your home.

Originally Posted By: stillwaiting1963

So my question is: if she gets upset when I do things with her brothers, should I not do anything with them? I think I should be allowed to do stuff with them. And I probably didn't handle it appropriately by hanging up on her?

You don't do anything to avoid her discomfort over her affair. It is not up to you to protect her from hard feelings about her brothers. That is just a consequence of her affair. Do your best to make her very uncomfortable about the affair. And don't hang up on her!

And one of the reasons I want you to redecorate is because women are very territorial. I predict this will incite those feelings but she won't be able to object because she has LEFT.

SW

There is a collective power in this board like no other that I know of.

There is a method to what "Experienced Vets" suggest and why they suggest it.

This was posted by one of the Experienced Vets here to you on 1 30 2012.

Do the dots connect. There is a lot you can be doing other than trying to figure out what makes a chemically charged drug induced brain tick.

This would definately be Plan A.

nESRE

T
T
In the beginning, I was so drugged out and "high" that I thought about leaving my BH. OM even paid for me to consult with a lawyer.

comedytragedy, how could you of been wanting to leave BH for OM, go see a lawyer with OM, yet be mad at OM and tell OM you won't leave BH, but yet continue to sleep with OM for another 2.5 years?

Sorry for the threat jack but can you share your thought process during this time?

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by TheRoad
In the beginning, I was so drugged out and "high" that I thought about leaving my BH. OM even paid for me to consult with a lawyer.

comedytragedy, how could you of been wanting to leave BH for OM, go see a lawyer with OM, yet be mad at OM and tell OM you won't leave BH, but yet continue to sleep with OM for another 2.5 years?

Sorry for the threat jack but can you share your thought process during this time?

Ditto. I was curious about that as well.

Married almost 23 years
Together 26+ years
DS18
DD15
S
OP Offline
S
I will continue to try and track down OM's parents. I was going to track down OM's Ex-W last weekend, but got wrapped up in exposure. I will try again this weekend.

Right now I will do my best to not post my analytical wanderings, and post events as they unfold. Also going to work on my Plan A skills to make sure I identify any opportunities. SAA should be here any day now and will read that.

The only update I have right now is WW is evidently avoiding me. I texted her today that there was a school financial aid meeting on Saturday. This is something she needs to attend since she did not make it to the first one. She replied back that she was going to spend Saturday with DD so I could just go ahead and go.

Way to support DS there WW!

Married almost 23 years
Together 26+ years
DS18
DD15
Page 34 of 48 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 47 48

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 198 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation