Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
H
OP Offline
H
reading,

That's the impression I get from my friend.

Not cool to use marriage as a weapon.

I may be able to dissolve my marriage and not annul it since she isn't baptized and she is the one who abandoned me.

R
R
As a matter of fact....from my understanding (I am not Jewish but in a mixed family)....in orthodox jewish culture, after the 'get' is delivered to the wife they are encouraged to maintain minimal contact if any.

The sages were concerned that the previous intimacy and comfort level that they shared with each other can lead them to behavior inappropriate for an unmarried couple. In fact, Jewish law places certain restrictions on the ex-couple from residing together in the same housing complex.

That said, the couple is not precluded from remarrying each other; in fact, it is considered to be a special mitzvah to remarry a divorced spouse.

H
H
Originally Posted by reading
Jewish religion allows for divorce but a man must release his wife with 'a get' document which releases her to other men.
It is given after a legal divorce.

Some men with hold them and their devout wives are not free to remarry in the faith until they get one.

Women do not give them to their husbands. They must hope he gives one to them to remarry.

Jesus addressed this Jewish custom in Matthew 5:31-32 �It has been said, �Anyone who divorces his wife must give her a certificate of divorce.� But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, makes her the victim of adultery, and anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

He even addressed adultery in the previous verses, Matthew 5:27-30 �You have heard that it was said, �You shall not commit adultery.� But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. If your right eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. And if your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.

Tough teachings when we examine them thoroughly.

Recovery began 10/07;

Meeting my wife's EN's is my "thank you" that refuses to be silenced.
H
H
HLD,

IMO, Un-marriage is as impossible as Un-knowing your ex-wife.

You were married and you have a family that has been torn apart that verifies and validates it existed. A person claiming to have the authority to annul a marriage, is just a man playing god.

You might enjoy the book, Joshua, by Joseph Girzone (A Catholic Priest that left the Catholic Church). It's been a while since I read it (1990's). Hits on this same subject matter and a few others. It's fiction, not theology, so it's an easy afternoon read.

Recovery began 10/07;

Meeting my wife's EN's is my "thank you" that refuses to be silenced.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 671 guests, and 51 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation