Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 30 of 37 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 36 37
estrela #2630899 05/29/12 11:41 PM
I
I
Originally Posted by estrela
The only thing is that I am not sure if I want to be open to the possibility of R or go straight to D. I move from one to another, mostly another than one.

I would make the offer so that you can move forward with no regrets.

It will help your state of mind in Plan B to know you 'did all you could' and that he simply chose not to follow simple instructions.

Make the offer,then move forward as if he is never coming home. Plan B is about creating an amazing life for you and you alone.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

indiegirl #2630918 05/30/12 04:59 AM
C
C
Originally Posted by indiegirl
The only thing is that I am not sure if I want to be open to the possibility of R or go straight to D. I move from one to another, mostly another than one.

I would make the offer so that you can move forward with no regrets.

It will help your state of mind in Plan B to know you 'did all you could' and that he simply chose not to follow simple instructions.

Make the offer,then move forward as if he is never coming home. Plan B is about creating an amazing life for you and you alone.
Indie sums it up perfectly.

For me, having no regrets is a huge factor in my recovery. Sure, I have moments when I question if I did all I could to save my marriage. But overall, I know I gave it my all. I did the best I could, and I upheld my vows.

Neither of which a wayward can claim whilst wayward.

Glad to hear you are returning dark Estrela.

Me (BW): 35
Married 1999 with no kids, DDay July 2011, OC born September 2012, Divorce final November 2012.

WXH (Gollum) is corrupted by his A, and now forever bound to it.

Plan B has set me free.

"Mourn the man he was. Know the man he is."
estrela #2630948 05/30/12 08:08 AM
M
M
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

The beauty of that message is that you don't have to make a decision now. You can take your time to decide. He is not entitled to reconciliation no matter what he does. If he ends his affair, all you are saying is that you will consider contact. And you may consider not to allow contact.

Refresh my memory, Estrela, have you filed for divorce? If you have not, I would go ahead and file. And if he ends his affair and seriously meets your conditions while waiting for the divorce, you can consider reconcilation. And if he doesn't, then you will be divorced. But going back into Plan B will help you relax enough so that you can make a sound decision about that.

Mel, I haven't file yet. I got the forms from the lawyer, filed them up, gave him retainer agreement and payment... then ask him to freeze when WH made attempt to R, which turned out to be FR.

Did your husband know you had the papers and were poised to file for divorce?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

MelodyLane #2630958 05/30/12 08:42 AM
E
estrela Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Indie, Caracal - thanks for the input.

Mel - Yes, I told him I had the meeting with the lawyers and was getting ready to file.

He said he would do whatever I want to recover. When I told him I was not ready to commit, but maybe would change if I see actions from him, he told me he wanted to do it together (he had a call with Steve Harley and used him as his excuse also - saying that SH told WH to prepare the NC and NC plan together with me). Otherwise WH "could not see the point" of doing anything.

We kept circling like that. He also told me he broke up with OW, which I found out through spyware to be a lie. I told him I knew they were together, and he denied.

That's when I thought it better to go back to Plan B. I was feeling too much pressure from him.

I have not send the NC note yet. He just called me. Left me a voice message saying he misses me and wants to keep talking to sort things out...

BS (me) 46
STBX WH 53
Married 2000
DS, 11; DS, 10
1st A: LT D-Day - 02/14/06
2nd A: D-Day - 12/21/11
Plan B since 1/17/12
Divorcing
estrela #2630959 05/30/12 08:52 AM
E
estrela Offline OP
OP Offline
E
OK, just sent the note:

"Please direct all communications through IM, she will pass all pertinent information to me.

I will be willing to speak with you again only when you finish all contact with OW for life. Please do not contact me until then."

BS (me) 46
STBX WH 53
Married 2000
DS, 11; DS, 10
Plan B since 1/17/12
Divorcing
estrela #2630960 05/30/12 08:55 AM
R
R
OK, just sent the note:

"Please direct all communications through IM, she will pass all pertinent information to me.

I will be willing to speak with you again only when you finish all contact with OW for life. Please do not contact me until then."

Beautiful! You can take your time to decide if you want to D, like everyone said. For now, focus on dark B, and take the time you need to decide for YOU, has nothing to do with WH. Best of luck!

Married: 22 years
Me: BW 41
Him: WH 43
Sons: 19, 17, 12
Daughter: 16
DD 8/09
EA started 8/08
PA started 7/09
Brief recovery of a few months in there.
Separated 10/10
Legal Separation 8/11
Plan B 5/17/12
Plan D 5/31/12

My Story
rainysweet #2630961 05/30/12 09:01 AM
E
estrela Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Thanks, Rainy!

BS (me) 46
STBX WH 53
Married 2000
DS, 11; DS, 10
Plan B since 1/17/12
Divorcing
estrela #2630963 05/30/12 09:07 AM
P
P
He said he would do whatever I want to recover. When I told him I was not ready to commit, but maybe would change if I see actions from him, he told me he wanted to do it together (he had a call with Steve Harley and used him as his excuse also - saying that SH told WH to prepare the NC and NC plan together with me). Otherwise WH "could not see the point" of doing anything.

We kept circling like that. He also told me he broke up with OW, which I found out through spyware to be a lie. I told him I knew they were together, and he denied.

Do you think WH might be reading your posts?

Jeezzzzzzzzzz waywards are dumb as a bag of rocks.

Sometimes I think the process of becoming an alien-wayward performs some anti-cognitavive voodoo on their foggy brains.

Stupid wayward logic = "I will do whatever it takes, whatever you want, including lying to you."

I actually suspect they believe their own words when these whoppers pop outta their pie-hole.

I'd love to see a PET scan of a wayward's brain during the process of lying. I wonder if the "pleasure center" *lights up* when they think they are being soooooo clever.
banghead

I think male waywards are especially skilled at compartmentalizing, in comparison to female waywards.

YOU, the BW, are in the box labeled "marriage relationship". And, it is true, WH will do whatever you want while he is dealing with the marriage box.

The OW, well, she is in an entirely different box, and what goes on between WH & OW is unrelated to the marriage box.

UN-freaking-believable.

DUMB as a bag of granite.

Last edited by Pepperband; 05/30/12 09:08 AM.
Pepperband #2630966 05/30/12 09:14 AM
P
P
I should elaborate .....

Stupid wayward logic = "I will do whatever it takes, whatever you want, including lying to you."

"I will do whatever it takes to make you believe I will do whatever you want, including lying to you."

Yeah, THAT'S more like it.

Pepperband #2630972 05/30/12 09:26 AM
E
estrela Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Pep - thanks for laughs.

I told WH of this site and MB. The easiest thing to do would be to come here and read my posts (if he wants to keep gaslighting me - at least do it properly!) or read the material (if he is really interest in R).

No - waywards take the lazy river road. Do nothing, just go with
the flow and throw some crumbs along the way...

When he told me "I am not with OW, I am with nobody", I could almost hear the little voice whispering "right now" so he could assure himself he was not technically lying to me ("I did not have sexual relationships with that woman" - sounds familiar)

BS (me) 46
STBX WH 53
Married 2000
DS, 11; DS, 10
Plan B since 1/17/12
Divorcing
estrela #2630978 05/30/12 10:02 AM
P
P
From the movie
Analyze This

Dr. Ben Sobel: What happened with your wife last night?
Boss Paul Vitti: I wasn't with my wife, I was with my girlfriend.
Dr. Ben Sobel: Are you having marriage problems?
Boss Paul Vitti: No.
Dr. Ben Sobel: Then why do you have a girlfriend?
Boss Paul Vitti: What, are you gonna start moralizing on me?
Dr. Ben Sobel: No, I'm not, I'm just trying to understand, why do you have a girlfriend?
Boss Paul Vitti: I do things with her I can't do with my wife.
Dr. Ben Sobel: Why can't you do them with your wife?
Boss Paul Vitti: Hey, that's the mouth she kisses my kids goodnight with! What are you, crazy?

DD 22 and I watched this on Netflix last night.
Well, I went to bed before it ended, but I did see this part and thought of how waywards use compartmentalization to sort of "clear the decks" of any guilt.

estrela #2630981 05/30/12 10:09 AM
P
P
When he told me "I am not with OW, I am with nobody", I could almost hear the little voice whispering "right now" so he could assure himself he was not technically lying to me ("I did not have sexual relationships with that woman" - sounds familiar)

You got that right, sista'

In his pea-brain, he may justify non-sexual conversations/contact with OW as adhering "good enough" to NC.
After all, even a sleazy OW needs a moral-boost every now and then. It's not really contact. Is it?

rotflmao

Dummies

estrela #2631018 05/30/12 12:05 PM
M
M
"Mel - Yes, I told him I had the meeting with the lawyers and was getting ready to file."

Ok, now I understand why he wanted to "talk." he doesn't really want to do anything to recover, but just wants to stop you from filing for divorce. He figured he could stop you if he threw you some crumbs. He doesn't quite believe yet that he really has to change anything to get you back.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

estrela #2631020 05/30/12 12:08 PM
M
M
OK, just sent the note:

Perfect!

Exposure 101

MelodyLane #2631034 05/30/12 01:13 PM
E
estrela Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Mel - thanks!!!

BS (me) 46
STBX WH 53
Married 2000
DS, 11; DS, 10
Plan B since 1/17/12
Divorcing
estrela #2633025 06/06/12 10:21 AM
E
estrela Offline OP
OP Offline
E
These days have been ups and downs.
Talk about a rollercoaster.

WH has been trying to contact me. Not enough to make me consider him seriously (like sending a NC letter) but enough to affect my emotions.

When he called the kids yesterday, he asked DS9 to ask me if I wanted to talk to him. Really!

And today he sent an e-mail saying he misses me and if we can talk (again, he sent to my work email and I cannot really block it, it just goes to another inbox).

Reactions:
anger - he values me so little, that he cannot even make real efforts.
guilt - I am behaving irresponsible towards my M
sadness - grief - to see that my feelings for him are becoming less and less

He will be travelling for the next 2 weeks, so I guess I will take a break from him. Till then, I am making sure I am not in the house during kids' exchanges since I know he will attempt to trap me then.

also, is Scotty OK? She hasn't been in the forum for a while (which is fine, of course, if nothing is going on). I hope she is well!

Last edited by estrela; 06/06/12 10:22 AM.

BS (me) 46
STBX WH 53
Married 2000
DS, 11; DS, 10
Plan B since 1/17/12
Divorcing
estrela #2633161 06/06/12 05:11 PM
I
I
You need to really block that work email gap.

Is there any way you can get someone else, maybe a good friend to check the inbox? Have that inbox automatically delete? Can you set up an autoresponse to his email, telling him its undeliverable or some such? He may be more inclined to give up if you do that.

Not answering may be the best and only way though.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

estrela #2633163 06/06/12 05:19 PM
M
M
And today he sent an e-mail saying he misses me and if we can talk (again, he sent to my work email and I cannot really block it, it just goes to another inbox).

estrela, this is a sign that your Plan B is working. He misses you but not enough to meet your conditions. So he is testing to see if you will relax your conditions so he doesn't have to. If you continue to hold fast until he meets all your conditions, he may come through. But he is still just testing to see if you are serious since he is not serious.

He is still in that phase where he wants you to change so he won't have to.

Exposure 101

MelodyLane #2633192 06/06/12 06:51 PM
S
S
Estrela, I am okay, just need to get some thing in order IRL. Just dropping in to let you know that I`m okay.

Now, how can you fix these holes? Sit your son down now, and let him know that you are willing to speak to your WH when he has agreed to end his affair for life and commit to working on building a better marriage using Marriage Builders. Then, let your son ask any questions he may have of you.

Now, your work email addy, how are you going to fix that hole? Brainstorm it. Are you able to get it changed?

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
Scotland #2633197 06/06/12 07:04 PM
M
M
Thankee, Scotland!! hug

Exposure 101

Page 30 of 37 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 610 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation