Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
T
Originally Posted by CWMI
Personally, I think it is a little dismissive of her 'thank you'. I thank my H all the time, and I would be offended if he told me he was just doing what a man does and I should instead thank his father.

A simple, "I still think about that text you sent thanking me. It builds me up everyday and makes me want to be the man you see me as. You are amazing." would do it for me.

While I wouldn't say it was dismissive precisely I do agree that perhaps its not necessary. I know that my man occasionally says stuff like this when I compliment him and that it actually makes me feel like I shouldn't bother b/c "somebody has to do it" but I know in part he just doesn't take compliments well and he really does appreciate it. Still it makes the whole compliment/admiration process more complicated than necessary!

Other than that I think its a great letter Kilted Thrower!

W
W
Originally Posted by Penni4Thoughts
KT,

It's a lovely letter. Can I suggest one tweak on this part:

"This is why I have been trying to find a different career. I want to provide for you and our children. And I want to be able to do this by myself. In other words, I never want whether you work or not to matter when it comes to financial stability."

Could you word it to say that you hope this will allow her to be able to make a decision that makes her the most happy career-wise?

I think this would be different for every woman and I don't know your wife but for me, as a woman who is career-oriented, it felt a little like you were saying that her contribution financially doesn't matter. I know that I like that my financial contribution matters, although I wouldn't mind it if my contribution was less necessary. This might be a non-issue for your wife, though.

I was going to say a similar thing...I know what you are trying to imply, but it could also come across as "your work is irrelevant".

K
OP Offline
K
I did. I took the suggestions and took some things out or changed things. She loved it. smile

Husband (me) 39
Wife 36
Daughter 21
Daughter 19
Son 14
Daughter 10
Son 8 (autistic)

C
C
Did she...thank you? laugh

Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.
(Oscar Wilde)
A
A
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
Originally Posted by kilted_thrower
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
Wow. With your busy schedule, how much UA time are you getting?

Not enough.
Last week looked like
Mon:8-10pm UA
Tues: 12pm-4pm UA (took the kids to grandmas)
Fri: 6pm-Sat morning (took the kids to grandmas and got a hotel)
Sat: 8-10pm
So ~12 hours or more. I think it was around 2am on Sat morning when we finally actually went to sleep

This week was about the same but we didn't get a hotel on Friday night. We did take the kids to grandmas for the night though and we went out rock climbing (more RC really), drinks and dinner, and then back to the house where I read a portion of 50 Shades of Gray to her

So glad to hear you're aware of the UA time. Dr. H says to sit down and schedule it with your DW.

BTW, I loved the letter. I also like the idea of telling your father thank you.

Well done, my friend.

Wow! so with all this UA you have what do you all do together? I cant even fathom that much time with my husband let alone what in the world we would even do!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation