Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Prisca #2647553 07/18/12 08:57 PM
M
M
Prisca, I am so sorry to hear this. If there is anything i can do, let me know. hug

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

B
B
Prisca,

Just checking and hoping you and markos are doing better. hug

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

P
Prisca Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by indiegirl
What I remember is beginning to feel angry, and then shutting up and turnning away to specifically avoid an AO.

'What you remember' implies you don't fully remember the incident. Which implies an AO. I know because I've been there. If you needed to turn away, then you were angry. Turning away does not sheild you from your anger at what you are hearing, it simply fuels the situation. You didn't leave. You stayed and fuelled the situation so you could have an angry release in response. So the answer to the question is 'yes'.

When I turned away, I never said another word. What they told Markos in Anger Management was that the first step to avoiding an Angry Outburst was to shut up. So I shut up at the first feeling of anger, and refused to engage in the conversation any further.

This made him angry, and he pressured me to talk for the rest of the day instead of leaving me alone to calm down. I never responded to his pressuring.

If there was an AO, it was before I turned away and became silent.

I know MB teaches that it is your spouse that determines if an AO has occured. So I have not argued with him about it. Do I believe it? I have a hard time believing him, because he has a history of accusing me of an AO when he is frustrated/angry, then coming back and apologizing with "I'm sorry, you weren't having an AO. I was frustrated." So, I don't know. His stories change a lot.

I haven't argued with him about it, and I am doing what he has asked -- anger management, and reading Love Busters.

Originally Posted by Prisca
I do know I DJ'd him.

What was the DJ?

He told me he would have a problem with having someone as an Elder in our church who had a pregnant unwed daughter.
I asked him why that was a problem, and he told me why.
I said "So they have to be perfect?" (judging his religious beliefs/sarcasm).
He said "no."
I then felt angry, and stopped talking.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

Prisca #2648181 07/20/12 02:04 PM
P
Prisca Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Wanting to "get him back". Or, "straighten him out". Am I right?

Did you say anything you wish you could scoop up and shove back in your mouth & never utter?
I was certainly trying to straighten him out -- trying to show him what he was doing that was hurtful. Educating him.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

Prisca #2648185 07/20/12 02:09 PM
P
Prisca Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Thanks guys, for all the support.
I'm not doing well. Anxiety is high.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

Prisca #2648193 07/20/12 02:34 PM
P
Prisca Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Steve Harley told us a few years ago that if your spouse tells you that you are doing something offensive, but you don't believe you are, then it won't be that difficult to stop doing what you "are not doing."

That's what I'm going on right now. It's not difficult to review Dr. Harley's anger management techniques, or sign up for anger management, or practice relaxation. Whether I had an AO or not, these things are not difficult to do, and there's no sense in me dwelling on who's right on this.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 594 guests, and 60 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation