Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2472072 02/04/11 09:48 AM
F
OP Offline
F
A thread for the discussion of recording equipment. Please rate the equipment you have used and describe their effectiveness and ease of installation.

M
M
Voice Activated Digital Recorder (Unlimited Storage) here

Covert USB Flash Drive Audio Recorder $49.99 [pocket size recorder � download via USB]
here

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

B
B
How sensitive are these? Can it pick up a conversation from underneath a passenger seat? The USB seems ok but it only has 4 hours of battery life. I need longer.

Also, anyone buy anything from Radio Shack? I'd like to pay cash since we have a credit card together.

M
M
BXB, many have bought some good ones at RAdio Shack. And yes, they do pick up the conversations but I think they put them under the drivers seat.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

P
P
Here's a nifty new device. It's an IPod/IPhone charger with a hidden camera that can be used in plain site. It has a hidden removable memory card that can be removed while leaving the charger in place. Since its powered by an AC adapter, there's no worry about the battery life. What a great last minute gift idea for your wayward!

Charger/camera link

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
P
P
Here's another one. An alarm clock with a hidden night-vison camera that records even in the dark. Talk about shining a light...

Alarm clock night vision camera link

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
C
C
So my fav piece of recording equipment is my android phone. It has a built in voice recorder that picks up everything...very clearly! Just remember to put it on silent, not vibrate smile I used it frequently to monitor my husband when we were early in recovery and wouldnt hesitate to check up on him if I felt the need. Best of all...its free! Yes, it was inconvenient to not have my phone for a couple hours, but easier than hiding a DVR. Also, I can imagine it would work well in domestic violence situations...you can carry it with you without looking suspiscious.

Me: 34yrs
OM #1 ONS July 2010
OM #2 internet/text EA (9/10-2/11)

He: WH 38 yrs
OW#1 Former friend, 7 month EA & PA 1/11-7/11
OW#2 Ex-GF, 1 month phone/ FB EA & ONS 7/11

Recovering MB Online!

F
F
Originally Posted by CaliSun
So my fav piece of recording equipment is my android phone. It has a built in voice recorder that picks up everything...very clearly! Just remember to put it on silent, not vibrate smile I used it frequently to monitor my husband when we were early in recovery and wouldnt hesitate to check up on him if I felt the need. Best of all...its free! Yes, it was inconvenient to not have my phone for a couple hours, but easier than hiding a DVR. Also, I can imagine it would work well in domestic violence situations...you can carry it with you without looking suspiscious.

Thank you for this. I am going to test it out.

Me (WS) Husband (BS)
DS - 15
DD -10
My D-day - 11/12/11

Today Me (BS) H (WS)
D-Day #2 01/14/12
I don't want to just survive my affair, I want to recover from it!
W
W
Anyone have any relatively inexpensive recommendations on any GOOD VARs (long battery life, etc) from Radio Shack?

WH has been using my SUV to go back and forth to work while his car in the shop. He expects to use my car for at least another couple of days. Setting up a VAR in my car would be easier and quicker than waiting for his car to come back.....and look less suspicious that I'm getting into my own car rather than his.

Also on a VAR.....I would want to attach it to the underside of the seat using velcro. How can I be sure for whatever reason the VAR won't somehow detach from the velcro while the car is moving, etc? Can anyone share their experiences with this?

M
M
Originally Posted by WhatIsNext17
Anyone have any relatively inexpensive recommendations on any GOOD VARs (long battery life, etc) from Radio Shack?

WH has been using my SUV to go back and forth to work while his car in the shop. He expects to use my car for at least another couple of days. Setting up a VAR in my car would be easier and quicker than waiting for his car to come back.....and look less suspicious that I'm getting into my own car rather than his.

Also on a VAR.....I would want to attach it to the underside of the seat using velcro. How can I be sure for whatever reason the VAR won't somehow detach from the velcro while the car is moving, etc? Can anyone share their experiences with this?
Any good VAR that you buy should cover that period of time. As far as the Velcro - it's your best option. Make sure you apply a length of Velcro that is long enough to securely hold the VAR.

I attached a length of Velcro that went from one end of the VAR to the other. It was more than enough to hold it. What you need to be careful about is where you're sticking the VAR TO. If it's dusty or dirty you may have trouble adhering the device. Clean up the area before you attach it.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

W
W
Originally Posted by maritalbliss

Great, thanks for the tips. I plan to out this in today or sometime during the remainder of the weekend. However, he is now back in his own car.....that plus to that is it's hard to get under the seats, but do-able. For me that means he's less likely to clean under and around the seats, thereby less likely to find the VAR.
Any good VAR that you buy should cover that period of time. As far as the Velcro - it's your best option. Make sure you apply a length of Velcro that is long enough to securely hold the VAR.

I attached a length of Velcro that went from one end of the VAR to the other. It was more than enough to hold it. What you need to be careful about is where you're sticking the VAR TO. If it's dusty or dirty you may have trouble adhering the device. Clean up the area before you attach it.

W
W
Originally Posted by maritalbliss

Not sure what went wrong with my reply above (previous post) but in any case, thanks for the tips. I plan to adhere it to the underside of the drivers seat sometime today or during the remainder of the weekend.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (NewEveryDay), 1,357 guests, and 77 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation