Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 24 of 25 1 2 22 23 24 25
K
K
I know my church (Baptist) doesn't hold this stance (get out of marriage card free)...once you have reconciled and the other person is on board, the A is history.

Enacting life's lessons into positive change... .
M
M
Hate to continue the t/j, but Id like to leave it at this: there is no dangling the get out of jail card nor is there any threats made.

Simply, as much as I believe she is now true to me, I also believe in my options down the road.

The A is history, one that lives forever in my head. I have forgiven and she and I are on the same page. No more no less.

Life keeps on slipping, slipping, slipping into the fuuuu-ture.
B
OP Offline
B
Interesting discussion.

I've never really thought about the 'card' not being able to be used at some point. (Maybe) Naively i just assumed that he would always have that to fall back on. But i think that speaks volumes about the way i've learned to live - in fear.

Am really struggling with making the decision of weather to stay at his parents with him or not. His mum wants me there and is more than happy for me to stay but also wants to do whats best for our marriage and i'm taking her slight hesitation seriously because i trust her wisdom.

Argggh why is everything so stressful!

Me: WW, 33
My BS: 30
Married: 11 years
1 x Child: Daughter, 3 years
D-Day: 10/8/2011
Fighting to save my marriage.
Originally Posted by MikeStillSmiling
Hate to continue the t/j, but Id like to leave it at this: there is no dangling the get out of jail card nor is there any threats made.

Simply, as much as I believe she is now true to me, I also believe in my options down the road.

The A is history, one that lives forever in my head. I have forgiven and she and I are on the same page. No more no less.

I hear you Mike, it might be DJ but it sounds like you are keeping score.

I would guess your W might possibly think the same thing.

M
M
Originally Posted by 20YearHistory
Originally Posted by mrEureka
For how long do you feel that you have this option? At what point would you say that you loose the option to leave? Do you believe that once your spouse has been unfaithful, you have a "get out of M card free" for life?

Excellent question Mr. Eureka. Very thought provoking indeed�.

However, with that said, I do believe Dr. Harley would have a real problem with anyone holding a �get out of marriage free card� dangling in front of our WS indefinitely. Especially if it was used in a disrespectful way to get what a BS wants.
They deserve to earn the right to be just as secure as we are. Wouldn�t you agree?
Yes, I agree. In a recent radio program, Dr. Harley was very clear that a BS can not assert a superior moral position over a WS and have any hope of achieving R. As to exactly when a BS looses the "get out of M free" card, I don't know. I seem to have misplaced mine, and I stopped looking for it a while back.

me-65
wife-61
married for 40 years
DS - 38, autistic, lives at home
DD - 37, married and on her own
DS - 32, still living with us
V
V
Originally Posted by 20YearHistory
For how long do you feel that you have this option? At what point would you say that you loose the option to leave? Do you believe that once your spouse has been unfaithful, you have a "get out of M card free" for life?

Excellent question Mr. Eureka. Very thought provoking indeed�.

However, with that said, I do believe Dr. Harley would have a real problem with anyone holding a �get out of marriage free card� dangling in front of our WS indefinitely. Especially if it was used in a disrespectful way to get what a BS wants.
They deserve to earn the right to be just as secure as we are. Wouldn�t you agree?
Yes, I agree. In a recent radio program, Dr. Harley was very clear that a BS can not assert a superior moral position over a WS and have any hope of achieving R. As to exactly when a BS looses the "get out of M free" card, I don't know. I seem to have misplaced mine, and I stopped looking for it a while back.
Well, it seems to me you have answered all the above questions with the parts I have bolded. With a proper marital recovery, the value of the extra cards lose their value over time. Then, when they have no value whatsoever, you can consider yourself fully recovered.

Time and effort...

oh, and love!

Last edited by Viper; 08/15/12 10:02 PM.

Every man I meet is in some way my superior; and in that I can learn of him.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

N
N
[Linked Image from edmontonrealestateblog.com]Of course, the flip-side to having a defined expiration
date to such an option would be the warped incentive
provided to a still-uncertain BS to "use it or lose it",
like the new-car "lemon law".

Probably not moving the discussion forward much, but.....

B
OP Offline
B
Hi all

Just a quick check in.

Couple of 'anniversarys' this week. Our DD is officially 3.5 years old! And the not so exciting 1 year D-Day (#1) anniversary.

We are now living under the same roof for 9 days a fortnight. Seems to be going fine so far although H has been on night shifts last few days. He's got days off now so looking forward to spending some more time together.

Thanks!

B
OP Offline
B
Update continued...

Although to be honest i'm not entirely sure how 'good' our current situation is for our recovery. We are living under the same roof but in seperate rooms and with his parents and their boarder. So no space to ourselves. I can see that because of this our SF/UA time is going to be greatly reduced.

Unfortunatley, until one of our job situation's change there is no other option :-(

Even our communication is limited further being under the same roof. Last night i was txtg him - we were both in the house! I get the feeling he is wary of showing me any affection around family members. So cuddling/massages on the couch after dinner is now non-existent.

I txted him last night and said we should spend a night away in a hotel! He said yes so we just need to plan/save now.

J
J
Why are you in separate rooms?

J
J
Put on some lingerie, sneak into his room (you are his wife) and give him GREAT sex.
Do it every night.

K
K
Originally Posted by HDW
Put on some lingerie, sneak into his room (you are his wife) and give him GREAT sex.
Do it every night.

I have a feeling if he wanted this they wouldn't be in seperate rooms.

Husband (me) 39
Wife 36
Daughter 21
Daughter 19
Son 14
Daughter 10
Son 8 (autistic)

B
OP Offline
B
Seperate rooms at H's wish. He wants his own space still (see comment futher up thread).

I'm 100% sure he wouldn't say no if i did the above... tonight would present the first opportunity though since he's off work for a few nights.

J
J
There is a joke as old as time itself. That men have two heads.
Let his smaller one do the thinking.

I would place my bet that you are correct, that he would NOT turn you down.

So do it. Take drastic action.
But remember this is appealing to his needs. Most men love lingerie. Spoil him and make him desire you.

H
H
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
[Linked Image from edmontonrealestateblog.com]Of course, the flip-side to having a defined expiration

The expiration date is defined; if your marriage is not better than before the infidelity occured within 2 years of the establishment of NC with the AP and recovery beginning, you are better off to divorce.

BV,

Chin up. Look your best every day.

Rather than throwing yourself at him, entice him subtley with your feminine wiles. Small touches, lightly flirty comments, quick suggestive texts. Look good. Smell good. Be confident and not morose.

CONFIDENT women are sexy, weepy puddles are not.

OK?

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
T
T
Originally Posted by HDW
There is a joke as old as time itself. That men have two heads.
Let his smaller one do the thinking.

What joke.

Fact.

H
H
Yeah, yeah... poor men.

We whom God cursed with two heads, and only enough blood to use one of them...

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted by HoldHerHand
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed

The expiration date is defined; if your marriage is not better than before the infidelity occured within 2 years of the establishment of NC with the AP and recovery beginning, you are better off to divorce.

BV,

Chin up. Look your best every day.

Rather than throwing yourself at him, entice him subtley with your feminine wiles. Small touches, lightly flirty comments, quick suggestive texts. Look good. Smell good. Be confident and not morose.

CONFIDENT women are sexy, weepy puddles are not.

OK?

Scarey concept (expiration date)... considering i'm still not seeing any willingness on his part to make it better.

I am trying - very hard. It's harder living together as i have to be conscious of every little thing. Good in alot of ways, but exhausting too! And when i get no reciprical effort it makes it even harder.

I guess it's going to be very difficult to concentrate on recovery properly until we are living together full time in our own space though.

J
J
That's why I suggested you try to meet his sexual needs.

B
OP Offline
B
Been awhile since I updated.

Things all going very well and we are about to have a two week period with the house to ourselves while H's parents go overseas. We are both looking forward to it. Planning on getting my parents to babysit as well so we can really get some quality UA time.

I have a question thats been nagging at me the last couple of weeks... been reluctant to post it because I'm thinking there will be some of you that might jump to conclusions....

Anways - here we go!

How long does it take to get rid of memories of the affair/OP? I certainly don't count the times i have thoughts of the OP but they are possibly once a day. Let me make it clear though. When i'm reminded of him somehow, or a thought/memory pops into my head i am very disgusted. My hate for him has grown so much over the last few months (seems to grow every time i have a thought about him) that i'm afraid of what i'd do if i ever saw him!

Am I going to have to live with these random thoughts about another person that disgusts me for the rest of my life? I'm not a hateful person by nature. I don't want to NOT hate him. I just don't want to every think of him again!

Any other WW/WH out there want to tell me their experience?

Page 24 of 25 1 2 22 23 24 25

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 418 guests, and 58 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation