Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
B
Originally Posted by kinglui
Unfortunately, I have been unable to discover where OM currently lives other than a small city nearby and a possible PO Box and previous addresses. Have tried calling people that live at those addresses to no avail. It may be that an ex-wife and kids live at one of them (based on collaborating information on Spokeo people searches). Same thing for his work, although did find out that he was a truck driver at previous job.
Can you afford a PI?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

K
kinglui Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
Can you afford a PI?

Yes. MelodyLane, is it important to get OM's address and workplace before exposure?

Last edited by kinglui; 01/31/13 03:49 PM.

Me: BH
Married: 2000
Children: 2 (2006, 2009)
WW (3 occurrences, 2004, 2012, 2013, discovered Jan 2013)
Exposure: 3/08/2013
K
kinglui Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Guys, I was wondering if anybody has a rough idea of what the reconciliation success rate is after massive exposure? Anybody ever successfully use something more similar to an intervention type exposure?

M
M
King, no it is not important, but I thought that was where she went? Where did she go when you said you found an address in the GPS?

It is a good idea to confront the OM after you expose. They are worms and cowards and don't want the trouble.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Guys, I was wondering if anybody has a rough idea of what the reconciliation success rate is after massive exposure? Anybody ever successfully use something more similar to an intervention type exposure?

I would give it about a 50% chance in my experience. And no to the intervention exposure. That would not be effective with a wayward because they are in the fog. It is like trying to negotiate with a falling down drunk. On the other hand, with exposure it helps the WS see themselves through the eyes of others. There is no other weapon that is as effective in my experience.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

K
kinglui Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Where did she go when you said you found an address in the GPS?

She met OM at restaurant the first meeting. Second meeting at movie theater. She did not come home until 4:00am that night. My best guess is that they saw a movie, then went dancing, then hung out at a food joint to make-out and talk.

B
B
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Where did she go when you said you found an address in the GPS?

She met OM at restaurant the first meeting. Second meeting at movie theater. She did not come home until 4:00am that night. My best guess is that they saw a movie, then went dancing, then hung out at a food joint to make-out and talk.
Or his place.

Did the GPS show where she went after the movie?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

K
kinglui Offline OP
OP Offline
K
GPS showed only at theater then drove home.

Via text msgs:
I just found out OM lives in an apartment with a married couple. Still don't have location. But my WW did not know this and it seemed to upset her.

Also, I noticed in other text msgs there is sometimes drama/friction going on. However, it usually gets washed away in short order.

I would really like to get OM's home address and/or work address before I drop the bomb. Might have to hire a PI.

Geez, I'm scared of dropping the bomb.

C
C
I would really like to get OM's home address and/or work address before I drop the bomb. Might have to hire a PI.

Geez, I'm scared of dropping the bomb.

EVERY BS is scared of dropping the exposure bomb. But don't stop. It is the thing that will work. Sure wish I had done a better job of it.

You can do this, King... It is the most effective weapon you have.

Me: BW, 57 fWH: 63 (Taffy1) Serial cheater
Presently on the Recovery Road, in the Online program.
K
kinglui Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Two days ago I found an old apology letter that she wrote me after the first affair and car accident. It made my cry. Would it be a good idea to leave a copy somewhere in the house for her to discover? and remember?

Any input on this?

E
E
Two days ago I found an old apology letter that she wrote me after the first affair and car accident. It made my cry. Would it be a good idea to leave a copy somewhere in the house for her to discover? and remember?

Any input on this?

Personally, I wouldn't bother. Waywards can be cruel, selfish people who only see what they want to see.

D
D
I agree she will justify it in a cruel manner that sets you up for a AO.

K
kinglui Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I am finally growing some balls and plan to drop the exposure bomb on Monday. I discovered WW's affair mid-January, but did not feel like I had enough evidence. So I copied and went through cell phone carrier call/msg records, put an app in WW's phone to forward all text messages and phone records, installed a GPS tracking device on her car, researched OM, made some check-up phone calls verifying WW was not where she said she would be, and even took a photo of WW having lunch together with OM.

A few days ago I installed a key logger on WW's computer and was able to crack her FB account. There I discovered messages providing evidence of a long distance EA (still ongoing), and one other PA (started last summer and ended a 2 months before current PA). Then thanks to key logger I discovered that instead of "going exercising and hanging out with girls" that WW had reserved and went to a nearby motel (I verified by calling and asking for her and by GPS tracker). I am very devastated right now, shaking, and feeling like throwing up.

FYI, also 9 years ago WW had an affair. I did not know MB then, but WW was in a serious car accident which put the brakes on that one. I wish so much I had done exposure back then. Since then, we have had 2 children, 7yr daughter, and 3yr son. There is lots more history, but let me get to my request.

Can some one help me with the template exposure letters to handle my situation of multiple affairs? My exposure list is below:

--My mom & dad, brothers, sisters, and my 7 yr old daughter.
--WW's mom & dad, brothers, sisters, close relatives (please note that all of them live very far away as in other states/countries; I could potentially fly her sister here since she is already helping me).
--WW's closer friends
--(WW is stay at home mom and this is not a workplace situation)
--OM's friends (I've only found 7 for sure and a few maybe's; can't seem to discover any family; OM does not have much on FB; I have also used Spokeo to discover possible ex and kids)

Thanks.

K
kinglui Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Additional info:

WW is stay at home Mom. Takes care of children, shows them caring, but also easily frustrated with them. WW has not asked for or pursued separation or divorce. WW thinks she can have both lives. WW's approach is to ignore the problem, be pleasant at home, but lie and sneak as opportunity permits. WW still engages me with sex and outings, non-romantic, but after I learned about multiple affairs, I am scared of STDs. After confrontation, WW said she might need to move out and be on her own, but obviously chicken to do it.

There's seems little hope to save things, considering the multiple affairs and the chance that she may have what Harley calls "An electric fence" personality. However, I want to follow the right steps so that I can ensure I don't have regrets later.

B
B
Kinglui, you should stick to one thread so that you can get more responses. You can hit notify and ask the mods to merge your threads. Your exposure list sounds good.

Go ahead and post your exposure letter for feedback. You've waited far too long as it is.

Me BW: 30
WH: 33
K
kinglui Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I asked for threads to be merged as you suggested.

I have found sample exposure letters on MB, just not sure how to alter them for my situation and whether and how all previous affairs should be mentioned. Feeling sick and helpless, but I know I have to pull it together to keep myself from disintegrating.

Last edited by kinglui; 03/01/13 03:46 PM.

K
kinglui Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Here's some irony... my planned D-day is the date of our 13th anniversary. Ha Ha :-(

T
T
Evidence of long term cheating, multiple OM, you must STD test for you WW along with DNA paternity testing.

T
T
multiple post

Last edited by TheRoad; 03/01/13 04:41 PM.
K
kinglui Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Agreed. Right now I really need some **Help with Exposure Letters**. Normally I am good at letters, but right now my brain is not functioning too good.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation