Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
J
J
First you must recognize That only a fool would take a Prince Fan for granted.
He is awesome!

S
S
princefan, I gave you information about what to do after discovering continued contact in my first post to you. You need to follow that template. Please note that kicking him out need not mean the end of your marriage: the goal is to get him out and only accept him back if he proves to you that the affair is over.

I am concerned that you do not seem to have spied on him, electronically. It is not enough for you to accept his confession about what has been going on - bad as that is. You need to find the proof for yourself.

Originally Posted by SugarCane
You now need to spy electronically on him without letting him have a clue that this is going on. You need to make a decision based on evidence. You need to put spyware on his phone and PC, and hide a digital voice recorder in the place where you think he is making calls to this woman - in his car, velcroed where he can't find it, or in his home office.

You need to prepare to separate from him once the evidence is discovered, which should take less than a week. He needs to be put out of your home and you need to go into Plan B, where you have nothing whatsoever to do with him until he ends his affair and proves that to you. You need to be prepared for your marriage to end completely, because some men do not come back after they are told to leave. I have hope that your H will do so as he did so before, so clearly he has no wish to make a life with this woman with her loosely-elasticated knickers.

In order for you to accept him back he would have to agree and demonstrate no contact with OW, and if she is local you will have to move away from the area. Indeed, if she is local and he lives with her you will want to move away from the area anyway, because watching them build their love nest is no way for you to live. So in fact, you could start the process of moving away as soon as he leaves, by putting your house up for sale, or ending the rental lease.

I have no time to search now, but you need to read the Plan B link. You need to make sure that OW's husband knows exactly what has been going on - I take it that they are separated but you still need to tell him what went on in the last few years of his marriage, and for all you know, he might be reconciled with her. You need to make sure that your children know why their father left last time and that he is choosing to coninue his affair and so is being made to leave this time. You need to separate your finances and make sure he is aware of his responsibilities with the mortgage and other bills - see a lawyer about this.

But first: spy, and do not let him know ANYTHING about spying or about MB.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
J
J
Yes.
You should enter in plan B.

S
S
Originally Posted by princefan86
He continued calling her and looking for her. He even showed up at her house. He addmitted it today. Not saying he eants to end the affair nor is he saying he wants to be with mr. All he says is he doesnt know. He said it didnt get physical but I dont believe him. Therein I asked him to leave even though I eanted him to stay more than anythijng. I feel very heart broken right now. Thank you for your advice.
Where is he living now?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
P
OP Offline
P
He moved in with his best friend for a time. As far as I know this woman has no place of her own and is living with her mother so this time he cannot move in with her.

Is it crazy that no part of me wants a divorce. I guess I haven't really given up hope that this affair will end even after so much time has passed with little change. I know my husband and unfortunately he has a addictive personality. But I also know he has the ability to recover.

I can't help but feel as if I am doing something (working towards a divorce) that I truly in my heart do not want. As if I have no other choice but to give up. I asked him to leave for my own sanity and to protect myself. But I don't want this. Will this change in time?

BS
Married going to be 24 years May 13, 2013
Together 28 years
2 adult children
D-Day 3/28/2012 (day of 1st separation)

Separated again 3/12/13
M
M
PF, you don't have to make any decisions right now about divorce. Did you read Sugarcanes instructions about plan B? Are you preparing yourself to go into a dark Plan B? Did you read the Plan B link?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

P
OP Offline
P
I will read the link and instructions on Plan B again. He didn't have a cell phone or computer accounts, he gave those up when he came back, his choice to do so. Part of him wanted to stop this affair. I guess he fell back to the temptation of it. The only thing I could have done to get proof was to strap a recorder to his car but even that he wouldn't use. He would walk to the store or something and usually on his days off of work when no one was around. And would use payphones to contact her.

going to read and reread plan B now.

BS
Together 28 years
2 adult children

Separated again 3/12/13
E
E
Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight
First you must recognize That only a fool would take a Prince Fan for granted.
He is awesome!

And you say I have terrible taste in music? laugh

LOL "Seven" rocks

P
OP Offline
P
LOL Jedi your absolutely right!

BS
Together 28 years
2 adult children

Separated again 3/12/13
P
P
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
PF, you don't have to make any decisions right now about divorce. Did you read Sugarcanes instructions about plan B? Are you preparing yourself to go into a dark Plan B? Did you read the Plan B link?

I agree.

Plan B is breathing room, when you are not dealing with craziness.
After 6 months in Plan B you will have much more clarity of purpose.

P
OP Offline
P
Thank you all, this has been giving me focus and direction and it helps to vent!

BS
Together 28 years
2 adult children

Separated again 3/12/13
P
P
PS

You do not announce Plan B before you launch it.
You prepare quietly.
While preparing, you resist the temptation to lash out at your WH.
You need to avoid any arguments.
It's OK to say "I'm not able to make a decision about that" or "I'm going to need time to think this over" or "Thank you for sharing your opinion. I will consider all my options."

Never reveal your plans.

P
P
And for crying out loud ..... STOP talking to opposite sex persons.

You are in no shape what-so-ever to make that sort of choice.

You are vulnerable right now to predatory men who can sense a needy female.

P
OP Offline
P
Actually pepperband I stopped all contact with other person when my husband came home. I know it was something I did to meet my own selfish needs and I have no desire to go in that direction again.

BS
Together 28 years
2 adult children

Separated again 3/12/13
P
P
Actually pepperband I stopped all contact with other person when my husband came home. I know it was something I did to meet my own selfish needs and I have no desire to go in that direction again.

Take good care of yourself.

P
OP Offline
P
I have to admit he didn't leave on good terms. He is quite upset that I kicked him out (how he said it) although while he was home things were pretty peaceful up until the time I discovered continued contact. Even after I didn't argue, and on the day I asked him to leave I did it as calmly as I could. Although he did put up a fight because he had no place to go.

He simply wanted to live with me while continuing to see her behind my back. SMH!!!

BS
Together 28 years
2 adult children

Separated again 3/12/13
P
P
Although he did put up a fight because he had no place to go.

crybaby Someone call the Whaaaaaaaambulance!

P
OP Offline
P
I have exposed the affair to pretty much everyone. Our friends and family and her friends and family, even my WH boss is aware as he is also a very close family friend. However, in order to not cause too much problems I never exposed the affair to the OW's employers. I don't know why to me this seemed hitting below the belt and at times I wonder if its vengeful and will make me look like a desperate, vengeful woman. However I am aware that her bosses are believers and have a great influence on her. Is there any good reason to expose this to her employers? Has anyone found this has helped? This woman is not married, he lost her children to the custody of her ex and has nothing to lose.

BS
Together 28 years
2 adult children

Separated again 3/12/13
A
A
I don't feel I'm an expert, by any means, but I, too, am a BS (married for 34 years!) who has struggled with issues / exposure of OW. She was not working during their affair, but is now. Before she moved out-of-state I wanted to call her place of employment (a gym, she's a trainer) and warn them to watch her around married men! Or tell them how she tried to break up our marriage. Or do SOMETHING to get back at her. I realized that as long as she stays away from MY husband/family I don't want to do anything to keep that relationship alive. I wanted to tell her off or get her in trouble or try to shame her...but all that will do is lower me to her level and give HER the realization/power that she hurt me/us. By ignoring her and completely cutting her from our life I think eventually she will fade into my past. That's my hope, anyway. She'll get her "just rewards" one day when she stands before God.

M
M
Prince, it is a good idea to expose to as many people as possible in the OW's life. You never know who will get through to her. That is the compassionate and Christian thing to do. It not only alerts others that she is a dangerous person but also makes it much less attractive for her to have an affair with your husband. It is no fun to have an affair when everyone is watching!

What kind of work does she do? Typically a workplace exposure would be warranted if it was a workplace affair or she had the type of position where her affair would be relevant, ie: a pastor, school teacher, policeman, etc. IF you feel this would be relevant to her position at work, I would most certainly expose at work. Most employers do not want to employ cheaters.

Another effective way to expose her would be to find her facebook page and send private messages to her friends and family. There is a template exposure letter in my signature link.

Dr Harley calls exposure the MOST EFFECTIVE WEAPON against adultery so by all means, exploit any and every opportunity to expose.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 126 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
peppa, RP4280, Philip Pitre, ClarencePeterson, ColsDawg
71,872 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Children
by BrainHurts - 09/28/24 06:19 PM
Spying on Wife's phone without getting caught?
by ClarencePeterson - 09/22/24 08:59 PM
Depression
by ClarencePeterson - 09/22/24 11:19 AM
Separated/Dating
by ClarencePeterson - 09/21/24 08:58 PM
Child activities
by ClarencePeterson - 09/21/24 08:56 PM
Loss of libido/Sexual Attraction
by ClarencePeterson - 09/21/24 06:10 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,608
Posts2,323,426
Members71,872
Most Online3,185
Jan 27th, 2020
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2024, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation