Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 34 of 37 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 37
P
P
I will confess the kiss to WW but not sure when/where.

First opportunity get it done. If you wait very long, you will appear to be insincere.

And now I really have ZERO expectations.
Have no expectations about how your WW will respond. Have serious and abiding expectations concerning how you intend to conduct yourself.
With WW you assume a "wait and see" approach to what she does.
You do not do this with self expectations if you hold yourself to a high standard.

Without going all philosophical on you ....
my confidence has never been better!

I am wondering how a lack of self discipline boosted your self confidence. Can you explain? I was trying to come up with a scenario from my own life where I failed to uphold my values and emerged feeling better about myself. I ask because I think it would help your future plans to be challenged in this way. Not to be mean. To help you ask yourself the right questions.

W
W
I'm also wondering how you will behave in 6 months if you and WW start down the recovery road and some hot chica comes on to you.

Pep is right, your compromise should concern you, not empower you with confidence.

Me - BH 49 years old
Her - WW 43 years old
Married 20 years
D Day Jan 7, 2013
3 kids - DS19, DS17, DS12
F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by Pepperband

I am wondering how a lack of self discipline boosted your self confidence. Can you explain? I was trying to come up with a scenario from my own life where I failed to uphold my values and emerged feeling better about myself. I ask because I think it would help your future plans to be challenged in this way. Not to be mean. To help you ask yourself the right questions.

Hey Pepp. Not sure how to answer. I don't really feel bad about Sat night. I know I should but I really don't. WW wanted to separate and be single. In my mind I was giving her what she wanted. Hey, check out MY fog babble!

I know it was wrong and I will not make the same mistake twice.

ME: BS, 37
WW: 37
DS 7 DS 5
Married 11 Years
DDay 2/4/13 EA
ILYBINILWY; 2/6/13
Nuclear Expose:2/18/13
Currently in Plan A
F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by Wow777
I'm also wondering how you will behave in 6 months if you and WW start down the recovery road and some hot chica comes on to you.

Pep is right, your compromise should concern you, not empower you with confidence.

WOW777 thanks for reading my post. I have been following yours and I am devastated that your WW stopped by the park that was out of the way. WTF is she doing?? Hope you get that plan B ready. So sorry for your recent developments.

DS 7 DS 5
Married 11 Years
DDay 2/4/13 EA
ILYBINILWY; 2/6/13
Currently in Plan A
J
J
Florida,
You should
Not kiss or be inappropriate with any woman while married. Period.
Not "until you are done with plan A"

It is until you are done with your marriage.
You are subject to excommunication and the wrath of God if you commit adultery.
It has nothing to do with plan A or B.

And please don't refer to your wife as a POA. That's disrespectful.

They've talked about being a "lighthouse" and you need to be a fine moral man. That's a choice you make daily

J
J
Originally Posted by Floridaguy

Hey Pepp. Not sure how to answer. I don't really feel bad about Sat night. I know I should but I really don't. WW wanted to separate and be single. In my mind I was giving her what she wanted. Hey, check out MY fog babble!

I know it was wrong and I will not make the same mistake twice.

Who creates your moral standards?
Does your wife create them or yourself or God?
You are responsible for your actions and behavior. Do not blame your behavior on your wife.

P
P
I don't really feel bad about Sat night. I know I should but I really don't.

I did not ask you to feel bad.
Never mind.

F
OP Offline
F
Had a questions to ask.

Starting 4/1 I will be working from home permanently. I now have the ability to take boys to bus stop and pick up from bus stop. WW needs to drop off boys very early in the AM (be there at 7am). And the WW does not pick them up until late (almost 5pm).

I pains me to think they are at school that long. What about telling WW that she can drop them off at my house each AM and I will take to school bus? I would also pick them up at the school bus.

Right now it would save WW $160/month and would make it easier for her so I understand that is removing the "stick" but I feel bad for the boys having to eat breakfast at school. Also, I would get to see them everyday, AND I would see WW alot more for more Plan A time.

Last edited by Floridaguy; 03/22/13 10:36 AM.

DS 7 DS 5
Married 11 Years
DDay 2/4/13 EA
ILYBINILWY; 2/6/13
Currently in Plan A
N
N
You are responsible for your actions and behavior.

[Linked Image from planetsmilies.com] Behave yourself, FG! Your Momma might still be reading!
[Linked Image from planetsmilies.com] Or even worse, ML!

F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
You are responsible for your actions and behavior.

[Linked Image from planetsmilies.com] Behave yourself, FG! Your Momma might still be reading!
[Linked Image from planetsmilies.com] Or even worse, ML!

Mamma IS still reading... And she will probably be upset that I posted on here again. She does not want me posting or working on any plan but Plan D.

My entire family just wants me to move on from WW. My Uncle even has a re-bachelors party planned this Saturday night with a tour of Tampa's finest gentleman's clubs. I am not going... I still need to tell him though.

Last edited by Floridaguy; 03/22/13 11:11 AM.

DS 7 DS 5
Married 11 Years
DDay 2/4/13 EA
ILYBINILWY; 2/6/13
Currently in Plan A
M
M
Your wife and you are one flesh so it's no wonder these wayward demons attack you as well. At the same friggin' bar, no less. [is the bar called "The Hell Hole"]. As you pray include asking for a hedge of protection for both you AND your wife.

That's not an excuse though....but you're not the first one to screw up like this. You've been divided and now Satan is going in for the kill. Satan hates marriage.

Being honest with your wife MAY really help. She is likely to go nuts at first. Throw the whole hypocrite thing at you and if you end up divorced you'll never live it down because her side of the story will forever include this incident. Them's the consequences. However, in time you likely reconciliation will benefit because I'm just bettin' there are things she did that you don't know about yet that she is certain you'll never forgive for. Might not be full intercourse but somewhere between "making out" and intercourse.

Without the truth as your foundation...you'll never recover....you must lead and share your indiscretions and hopefully she'll share hers....you (re)build from there.

Glad you got your swag back. It really helps to let go of the expectations and know YOU WILL MAKE IT with or without your ww.

That being said...who was this recent OW you've been texting? Some stranger or do you work with her? It's easy to SAY you're not going to talk/text with her anymore but what's your plan to really securing "no contact"? You do know she's a pretty horrible desperate woman to be hounding after a known married man in the throws of a traumatic potential dissolution of his marriage? Consider this...would you want your sister pursuing some married man in a situation like yours??? It's a situation where she is volunteering for a whole lot of hurt. I presume you reached out to her for support about your current situation. Sharing private things about of marriage privately with opposite sex persons is a dangerous game. Betrayed husband's are emotional basket cases that somehow attract the heck out of lonely weak boundary'd women.

Mr. W

FBH(me)-51 FWW-49 (MrsWondering)
DD19 DS 22 Dday-2005-Recovered

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by MrWondering
I'm just bettin' there are things she did that you don't know about yet that she is certain you'll never forgive for. Might not be full intercourse but somewhere between "making out" and intercourse.

That being said...who was this recent OW you've been texting? Some stranger or do you work with her?

Bingo Mr.W ... I think there are more skeletons in the closet. Perhaps my O&H lead will help her.

OW was a friend of a friend. Lives an hour away and I texted her last night that I was not ready to get into anything and could not continue to talk to her anymore. She has texted and called twice since then but I will not reply.

DS 7 DS 5
Married 11 Years
DDay 2/4/13 EA
ILYBINILWY; 2/6/13
Currently in Plan A
L
L
Its really troubling that your family is so supportive of you betraying your vows.

Families don't like to see one of their members hurting. They are very quick to suggest ways to make your pain go away. Because that makes THEM more comfortable...

Someday you will look back on this with regret. That you didn't stand for your marriage until the very end. And you will know that you are letting your boys down by not being the sane parent fighting for their family.

Stop talking and making out with other women.
Stop letting your family destroy your integrity.

My 2 cents on the Policy of Radical Honesty is that is a policy for a RESTORED marriage. I do not think your reveal of your activities will help your case for rebuilding. I think your wayward wife will latch on to it as justification. (I know I did when my BH revealed an affair from our early marriage)
I absolutely think you need to tell her. I'm just not certain that now is the best time...

M
M
She does not want me posting or working on any plan but Plan D.

She (and your extended family) are biased. They are too focused on your hurt. You are their boy. They are too personally involved to be objective as to what's best for you and your family.

Plus your mom's a woman and women typically have no patience for Plan A. They can't do it so seeing their son do it just isn't acceptable.

I couldn't find a good Dr. Harley quote on that specifically addresses what I want to say so I went to my library of inferior non-Harley relationship books and found this:

Author Michelle Davis, MSW, The Divorce Remedy:

The divorce trap seduces over one million people each year. It promises peace and tranquility. It offers a fresh start, a second chance at romance, contentment, and self-discovery. It lures people into its grip by offering assurances that walking out the door can eliminate life's seemingly insurmountable problems. When you're desperately unhappy, these so-called guarantees are hard to resist. But there are good reasons for doing so. If you or someone you love is contemplating divorce you will want to know what I have learned about the truth about divorce.

In my work, I've had a bird's eye view of what happens in people's lives after divorce. I have seen the intense pain and despair that lingers for years. I have seen times when every birthday, holiday, or other causes for celebration have been nothing more but painful reminders of a divorce. I have seen the triggering of unpredictable, hurtful events such the total rejection by the children of the parent seeking the divorce. I have known children who, even after many years following the divorce and after their parents' subsequent marriages, still want to know if mom and dad will ever get back together.

Now, after three decades of our social experiment with rampant divorce and disposal marriages, I know it isn't a matter of people keeping their marriages together because they can, it's a matter of people making their marriages work because they should. Divorce stinks! Why? Recent findings about the long-term effects of divorce speak for themselves.

* Except in very extreme conflict-ridden families- and most families do not fit this criterion- children are better off when their parents stay married.

* Children are more likely to finish school and avoid problems such as teenage pregnancy, drug abuse, and delinquent behavior. Plus, they are more likely to have good marriages themselves.

* Even if a parent is happier as a result of divorce, there is no "trickle down effect." Children still struggle emotionally regardless of how the parent feels.

* Married men make better fathers. They are more likely to provide guidance, role modeling, and financial support.

* Marriage is good for most adults. As compared to single, widowed or divorced people, married people are healthier, have better sex lives, they engage in fewer high-risk activities such as substance abuse, they live longer and they are happier!

* Depression is almost three times as prevalent in women who divorce once, and four times as prevalent in women who divorce twice than in women who have never divorced.

* A random sample of over 8,600 adults revealed the percentages of those who felt lonely. The results are as follows. Marital status and % reporting loneliness:

Married- 4.6

Never Married- 14.5

Divorced 20.4

Widowed- 20.6

Separated- 29.6

* Those in healthy marriages tend to be better, more productive employees. Married men miss work less often.

* Divorce increases the cost of many public health and social service programs. Single-parent households often mean children are raised in poverty or on public aid.

* A single mother's standard of living almost always decreases significantly after divorce.

* As compared to 50% of first marriages that end in divorce, 60% of second marriages end in divorce.

Many people considering divorce say they wish they could have a crystal ball that would allow them to see into the future. Actually, the crystal ball is here for the taking. Research has enabled us to be "clairvoyant." But many people choose to ignore or discount the facts because they've been hoodwinked into believing that divorce provides answers to an unhappy marriage. But how are myths about divorce being perpetuated?

The divorce trap is a powerful conspiracy that is invisible to the naked eye. Like carbon monoxide, the odorless killer, the divorce trap is an insidious influence, invading your thoughts without your knowing it. What are the forces behind the divorce trap.

Well-meaning friends and family

Oddly enough, some of the people nearest and dearest to you are part of the problem. This is not to say that they don't have your best interest at heart. They do. They love you. They can't stand to see you in pain. More than anyone, they know you and know how much you deserve happiness in your life. Their caring is genuine. Why then, do I say that your loved ones can be misdirecting you?

The Biased Shoulder

When you share your unhappiness with loved ones, what they hear is your side of the story, and your side only. Even though your feelings about your spouse and marriage are valid, they are, nonetheless, biased. Needless to say, if your spouse were in on the conversation, the story about your marriage would take a not-so-slight different turn. But the people who love you don't care about objectivity; they want you to feel better. Although this makes perfect sense, the end result is that the people in whom you are confiding, offer potentially life-changing advice without a complete set of facts. If you follow that advice, you may create an even bigger rift in your marriage.

It's OK to "not know". Waffling is expected. I was at that point too. I only worked MB while I was figuring out whether or not I was really done with my marriage. I decided to work Plan A and put the decision off until the fall. I'm so glad I did as a recovered MB marriage is well worth it. You aren't in a hurry. "All the Single Ladies" will be there 6 months, 9 months and even 2 years from now. At the very least, your children need someone focused entirely on them instead of two parents off re-living their youth in the never-ending selfish pursuit of personal happiness.

In the end...happiness is truly built on truth and doing the right thing. Our actions (the "doing") define us....and running around chasing women and having bachelor parties while married are not the behavior of a married man. It's not the "right thing" and you'll regret it.

Mr. Wondering

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
J
J

First opportunity get it done. If you wait very long, you will appear to be insincere.

Have no expectations about how your WW will respond. Have serious and abiding expectations concerning how you intend to conduct yourself.
You do not do this with self expectations if you hold yourself to a high standard.

While my wife and I were separated and she was in her insane period I started to notice that women were taking notice of me.

Initially the biggest reason I wanted my marriage to not end was I was afraid I would end up a fat naked old guy laying in a barcolounger and eating hungry man dinners. I had so little self confidence that it showed in everything I did.

After I found out that there was hope for a great future with or without my wife I was able to reenter recovery for the right reasons and knowing I would be okay no matter what happened. My friends and family and co-workers actually told me they aw a big change in me. My wife also mentioned later that this was the point when I started looking attractive to her again.

So not commenting on right or wrong I wanted to say that I understand where Floridaguy is coming from here.

BH: 46
FWW: 44
3 DD: 20,17,11
Married 24 years
PA/EA: 5/08
DDay: 6/08
NC: 8/08
Previous EA 1998 confessed 8/08
In Recovery
F
OP Offline
F
Thanks MrW. Big help today.

Any thoughts on the offer to WW to drop off boys at home to take/pickup from bus?

DS 7 DS 5
Married 11 Years
DDay 2/4/13 EA
ILYBINILWY; 2/6/13
Currently in Plan A
F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by Justlooking24
While my wife and I were separated and she was in her insane period I started to notice that women were taking notice of me.

Initially the biggest reason I wanted my marriage to not end was I was afraid I would end up a fat naked old guy laying in a barcolounger and eating hungry man dinners. I had so little self confidence that it showed in everything I did.

After I found out that there was hope for a great future with or without my wife I was able to reenter recovery for the right reasons and knowing I would be okay no matter what happened. My friends and family and co-workers actually told me they aw a big change in me. My wife also mentioned later that this was the point when I started looking attractive to her again.

So not commenting on right or wrong I wanted to say that I understand where Floridaguy is coming from here.

JustLooking, are you in my head right now??...lol.

Confidence - Had none, Got some, WW is noticing...

I know it was wrong and it can not be justified. Just stating where I am at right now.

DS 7 DS 5
Married 11 Years
DDay 2/4/13 EA
ILYBINILWY; 2/6/13
Currently in Plan A
M
M
Originally Posted by Justlooking24

When a married man evaluates his masculinity based upon the reactions and interest(s) and/or non-interest(s) of females is it really "masculine"?

As a man...YOU define your masculinity. You won't truly find it in some girl willing to make-out on a dance floor with some stranger [probably with a wedding band on his finger], you won't find it in a woman doggedly pursing a relationship with a married man and you certainly won't discover it with a stripper in your lap.

Divorced men very often take a journey through this minefield of debauchery to find their masculinity only to discover a year to 10 years later that it was theirs to define all along. You've got time to go through that divorced man process ONCE YOU'RE DIVORCED. You're NOT divorced today so act like it.

Be a [married] man and father.

Mr. W

A couple weeks ago, on the radio program, a BS had also met someone else and it shocked his WW back into wanting to reunite.

The WW was the caller and after some questioning, Dr Harley asked her (paraphrasing) 'so, did your H meeting someone else have influence you wanting the M back?' The caller said yes.

Joyce was upset by the notion of this and Dr Harley said "Well, in this case it worked". He did not condone it but at the same time he did not vehemently denounce it. Joyce did. Dr Harley did not.

Same thing happened to me when I was separated with my FWW. Actually, I met someone and we went out. Looking back, it wasn�t the right thing to do. At the same time, it was refreshing for someone to actually want me after such harsh rejection from my W. When we decided to R, I quickly ended it but I don�t regret it for one minute.

This notion shocked my W back into reality as up until this, she was still in contact with POSOM and we were separated. She was cake eating big time. Once she saw that I might not be there forever waiting on her, her position quickly changed.

It did help my personal self image as it had been shattered by the betrayal. It helped me in some ways let go of the notion that maybe my M was going to end and I was going to be okay.

Last edited by 20YearHistory; 03/22/13 12:48 PM.
L
L
And the reverse side of that is the WW latching on to the idea of "see??? he really doesn't care about me". and "he'll be just fine when we divorce, the marriage is obviously no big deal to him..."

If neglect is one of the reasons your WW is listing as her justification for her affair - the WORST thing you can do is PROVE to her how little she means to you.

Page 34 of 37 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 500 guests, and 58 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation