Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 37 of 37 1 2 35 36 37
D
D
So what's your end game the FL?

F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by TranquilDark
So what's your end game the FL?

To be the best Dad and Man possible. I can only control me...

ME: BS, 37
WW: 37
DS 7 DS 5
Married 11 Years
DDay 2/4/13 EA
ILYBINILWY; 2/6/13
Nuclear Expose:2/18/13
Currently in Plan A
P
P
The boxing is a really good idea. I'm glad you found that activity.
Church is another fantastic idea.
Stay busy.
WW is in the weeds.
Don't follow her there.

A
A
FLguy,

You sound busy and well. I am glad you are getting to spend time with your sons. It will mean so much to them in life.

Your story about your WW's lovenotes reminds me of the OW in our case. She bought a book about how to write love letters. She wasn't even able to come up with her own feelings; she had to copy someone else's. It really was crazy.

We loved the orange and blue game. Lots of fun. Same with gator growl. Have a good time.

AM

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.
F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by Pepperband
The boxing is a really good idea. I'm glad you found that activity.
Church is another fantastic idea.
Stay busy.
WW is in the weeds.
Don't follow her there.
\

Pepp - thank you for checking in on me. I am really sorry for losing my mind a few weeks ago with the R A's. Melody, same to you...

And Armymama - GO GATORS!!

DS 7 DS 5
Married 11 Years
DDay 2/4/13 EA
ILYBINILWY; 2/6/13
Currently in Plan A
F
F
FLG,

You had me worried for a bit but you seem to have your priorities straight. I am happy that you are finding healthy ways to fill your time. I am happy that you are making the most of every moment with your boys.

You are doing good!!!

Me (WS) Husband (BS)
DS - 15
DD -10
My D-day - 11/12/11

Today Me (BS) H (WS)
D-Day #2 01/14/12
I don't want to just survive my affair, I want to recover from it!
F
F
Good job FLG !!! I think you are going to be just fine ! You got off track for a minute, but you are back on the straight and narrow. Keep it up !

me: FWW/BW
Married 20 years, 4 kids
We made it.
G
G
I guess your wife is enjoying her so-called secret second life we all know about!

Boxing must be a big sport in your local. I visited Tampa area last year and a boxing class was offered at the hotel and I tried it. It was fun. I just got my green belt in karate.

Just thinking how your wife has no idea you have so much awareness of her activities. Recently I hired a cyber private investigator because a former disgruntled employee had anonymously posed as a customer and said really defaming things about us on a review site. I was amazed at what the investigator could make happen. Things are not as secret as they may seem when in a fog!

Last edited by graceful2b; 04/02/13 06:45 PM.

BW 58
WH 61
married 35 years
2 adult children
2 grandchildren

"Love anything and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one...It will not be broken, it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable...The only place outside of Heaven where you can be perfectly safe from dangers and perturbations of love is Hell" c.s. lewis
F
OP Offline
F
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to check in and say that things have been going great for me and my boys.

Had an awesome weekend at the Gator Spring Football game and we got to go to the beach Sunday after Church. I even cooked a full spaghetti dinner Sunday night and the boys were truly impressed! WW called just as we finished eating and the boys were sure to tell her that dad's spaghetti was the best! (Take that WW!!) dance2

I am really not plan A'ing that much. I never initiate contact. And when WW calls or texts I am sure to just be happy and joke and laugh. She always wants to talk more but I always keep the conversation light and brief. It is really easy because..... I AM HAPPY!! I can't believe in just 2 months from DDay how easy it is now after finally realizing I can't control the situation or my WW. I can only control me.

I know the boys can see all the positive changes in me. My oldest tells me he is proud of me EVERY DAY. And that means EVERYTHING to me!

I will keep checking in and praying for everyone. Lots of huge plans for me and the boys this weekend!!

Last edited by Floridaguy; 04/09/13 08:18 AM.

DS 7 DS 5
Married 11 Years
DDay 2/4/13 EA
ILYBINILWY; 2/6/13
Currently in Plan A
W
W
So, what's your plan then? If your not in plan A (meeting her needs) and you're not in plan B (no contact) then what are you doing? Are you in plan D? Are you still trying to save the M?

Me - BH 49 years old
Her - WW 43 years old
Married 20 years
D Day Jan 7, 2013
3 kids - DS19, DS17, DS12
F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by Wow777
So, what's your plan then? If your not in plan A (meeting her needs) and you're not in plan B (no contact) then what are you doing? Are you in plan D? Are you still trying to save the M?

Still Plan A. Although, I did bring up working out a parenting plan last Thursday. That night she visited Skank Neighbor and was sure to park right in front on my house. Very creepy to see WW's car outside unexpected. Ever since that day she has stepped up efforts to reach out to me. Only discussing the kids... Nothing ever about US. Atleast that is what it seems to me - but who knows with her.

Right now it sure seems to be heading to plan D and that really does not seem to be the end of the world. I guess my love bank is running on empty.

DS 7 DS 5
Married 11 Years
DDay 2/4/13 EA
ILYBINILWY; 2/6/13
Currently in Plan A
N
N
Well, Plan B would imply no contact with WW; Plan A would mandate as much contact as possible. What you are displaying might be labeled Plan N(othing), which is basically how you're describing your emotions toward her.

It is obvious your $LB is flat empty. That's the time to send her a PBL and lock it down.

G
G
Have you talked with Steve H lately? Certainly its great you are learning to care for yourself and your boys well. Still, moderation in anything is key. Its easy to create rationales to justify extremes that lean towards selfishness on either parental end.

You want to be in love with the mother of your children and your childrens' mother to be in love with you. What's real? Your boys need all access to their parents love for one another more then all access to Disney World.

Stay motivated. You have got the skills to stay the course. Most affairs die a natural death.

I know this monstrous thing your wife is doing may seem too much to bear if she asks to return.

But you might be surprised. Keep spiritually centered. Pride or your taker can creep in and not help you or your family.

BW 58
WH 61
married 35 years
2 adult children
2 grandchildren

"Love anything and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one...It will not be broken, it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable...The only place outside of Heaven where you can be perfectly safe from dangers and perturbations of love is Hell" c.s. lewis
J
J
You need to Plan A or plan B.
Since you are unwilling or unable to Plan A, are you willing to Plan B?
This may be your only chance

Page 37 of 37 1 2 35 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 963 guests, and 78 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation