Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
L

I found it interesting that he referred to this thread when the emailer's friend was asking "what am I doing wrong?" in regards to her bf not putting her number one priority.

xFWW(me)-48
Married-14 years
D-Day~23-May-11
NC- 14-Apr-11
1 DS 15
Online course July '11 to July '12
17 sessions with S. Harley Feb '12 to Sep '12
Divorced Jan 21, 2013
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by LifetimeLearner
I found it interesting that he referred to this thread when the emailer's friend was asking "what am I doing wrong?" in regards to her bf not putting her number one priority.

He referred to this thread?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

L
L
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

He referred to this thread?

Yes, he did! I thought that was part of what some of this discussion was about! He chuckled when he related that some said "we don't want wimpy men, either." It was another all around excellent show. I don't want to T/J here, but I think they gave WLE some important, useful information and can't wait to hear some follow up on that.

I am learning how to be a strong woman. Every time any of you say something to a poster that helps me I am tempted to jump in and say "hey, wow, you just said something that helped me, too!" The question from the show I mentioned sounds only too familiar and it's taken a long while to stop asking it. Like weights, one set at a time, consistently, builds that strength.

xFWW(me)-48
Married-14 years
D-Day~23-May-11
NC- 14-Apr-11
1 DS 15
Online course July '11 to July '12
17 sessions with S. Harley Feb '12 to Sep '12
Divorced Jan 21, 2013
P
P
Like weights, one set at a time, consistently, builds that strength.
hurray

D
D
Just heard that show. Dr H. Makes a good point about bringing your best to the relationship and being strong from the start. I think this is also a factor in why affairages and affairs ultimately fail or become unfulfilling. That and of course the rotten foundation of lies and deceit.

S
S
Bumping for Jilly.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
B
B

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by BrainHurts

Thanks Brainy! The segment about the forum is in segment 4 above.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

B
B
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Originally Posted by BrainHurts

Thanks Brainy! The segment about the forum is in segment 4 above.
You're welcome.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

M
OP Offline
M
More on the forum and our approach towards wimpy people the next day in this clip. It is in the section about the woman Claudia: http://www.marriagebuilders.com/radio_program/play_segment.cfm?sid=4859#

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by markos
We're not so big on wimpy men, either!

Folks, recovery is not for wimps. (I think Pepperband originated that, but I can't be sure.)

QFT, and ITA.

Recovery has been the hardest thing I have ever gone through, hands down. I am sure my H would say the same. It's been hard...but so very worth it.

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 758 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation