Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
D
DumbMan Offline OP
OP Offline
D
replies coming i'm using my voice control

D
DumbMan Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Melody Lane I am so sorry for my postings I was just bringing up that my wife thinks that I love the OW, I don't feel that way I want to fix my
relationship with my wife and I came on on the site to help me. I'm a little mistrusting about throwing my feelings on the floor. Dr harley says that it is possible to love two women. I am doing soul searching and I don't think that I love OW but why did I keep going back when I love my wife?

M
M
DM, the reason you went back to OW is because you are addicted to her. You "loved" her in the same way a crack head loves crack. Once you really cut her out of your life - sober up - you will see her in a different light.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

D
DumbMan Offline OP
OP Offline
D
yes u r rite I do agree with what U R saying. Yes that is an addiction ? she did make me feel comfortable and met my needs, I just wanted 2 ask that question as 2 what u r explanation is. look u want 2 know if im a real person & I also want 2 know if U R real person, I

D
DumbMan Offline OP
OP Offline
D
U also follow up U R posts with scrips from the bible I honer that & I am catholic, I really need help in my relationship , I dont have anywhere 2 turn, I want U R help.

M
M
DM, you are in the right place to get the help you need. Your wife has also sent an email to Dr Harley and he will speak to you both and give you guidance.

The most important thing right now is to stay out of the crackhouse and stay far away from the smell of crack. Do you understand what I mean by that?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

T
T
**edit**

Last edited by MBsurvivor; 10/28/13 10:22 PM. Reason: TOS personal attack
D
DumbMan Offline OP
OP Offline
D
yes I think I understand what U mean, I will stay out of the crackhouse & stay away from the smell & I really thank U 4 U R support.

D
DumbMan Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Meiodylane thank u 4 being here 4 us!;)http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/images/icons/default/smile.gif

M
M
Originally Posted by DumbMan
yes I think I understand what U mean, I will stay out of the crackhouse & stay away from the smell & I really thank U 4 U R support.

You are very welcome, my friend! smile

Exposure 101

M
M
U also follow up U R posts with scrips from the bible I honer that & I am catholic, I really need help in my relationship , I dont have anywhere 2 turn, I want U R help.

Hi, DM,

I understand you called your mother recently to confess your affair. I commend you for that. That is one of the most important steps in being an honorable person.

Dr. Harley's position is that it would be great if we had no privacy at all - if everything we did were on a camera and broadcasted to the important people in our life. Then we would be much less likely to engage in reprehensible behavior that hurts other people!

Since you mentioned the Bible, I'll mention what the Bible says about this:

This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.
Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed.
But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

http://biblehub.com/john/3-19.htm
http://biblehub.com/john/3-20.htm
http://biblehub.com/john/3-21.htm

By shining the light of public attention onto your dishonorable deeds, you took one of the important steps toward transformation.

There is also this statement:
Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.
http://biblehub.com/james/5-16.htm

After my experience here at Marriage Builders, I'm extremely convinced of the importance of confessing one's wrongs - primarily to the person who was wronged! But also importantly to the important people in our life, those who have influence over us. Everybody should know to be on the lookout for us!

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
D
D
I heard your call on the show. Your making progress, I hope you see the error in your ways and fix the damage you caused your poor wife. Keep posting here and encourage her to as well.

Last edited by TranquilDark; 11/04/13 01:32 PM.
D
DumbMan Offline OP
OP Offline
D
THANK U 4 the bible verses Markos,they really helped to read them & thank u 4 such a positive response.

This week we went to a difffernt church and had bible study before mass. It really helped me to identify what I am going through.

I am having some thoughts about OW and its difficult to deal with but I believe that is what is withdrawal. I have confided in my wife with my thoughts and feelings. She has helped me immensely.

I am trying to pick up the pieces and make sense of what has happend.

We are reading together Surviving an Affair and it really helps me to put things in perspective as to what I am feeling and going through and putting my wife through. I wish we had these tools years ago before all of this started.

Trying to deal with my feelings can be very difficult because I feel bad about destroying two peoples lives and mine also.

I understand that I was compartmentalizing and now it feels odd that I cannot compartmentalize.

I am feeling guilty that I am having difficulty sharing these feelings with my wife, the feelings of guilt, the feelings of remorse, the feelings of disgust with myself.

it really helps 2 have a support group 2 communicate with, thank you.

D
DumbMan Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by TranquilDark
I heard your call on the show. Your making progress, I hope you see the error in your ways and fix the damage you caused your poor wife. Keep posting here and encourage her to as well.

Thank you for your support,I'm doing the best I can to support my spouse. My mistakes are hard to face. But through Marriage builders I am working hard to address be honest with myself.

L
L
Have you considered taking ADs while you are going through this? They can be immensely helpful by evening out your emotions. My H was on Wellbutrin with no ill side effects at all. They greatly helped. They need only be temporary - a few months.

Please strongly consider going to your doctor for a prescription. Meanwhile, exercise and eat healthy, get enough sleep.

Make sure the time you are spending with your wife are very enjoyable for both of you.

Married 1980
DDay Nov 2010

Recovered thanks to Marriage Builders
B
B

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

M
M
Trying to deal with my feelings can be very difficult because I feel bad about destroying two peoples lives and mine also.

DM, can you clarify what you mean when you say you "destroyed two people's lives?" I know one is your wife, but I am not aware of any other victims here unless you are counting your children. Is the OW married?

I hope you don't mean the OW, because you did not destroy her life. She was your WILLING partner in the rape and assault of your wife. Don't you DARE put that skankhoe in the same category as your wife. Your OW signed up to screw a married man, she is no victim. Your wife did not sign up for this.

S
S
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

DM, can you clarify what you mean when you say you "destroyed two people's lives?" I know one is your wife, but I am not aware of any other victims here unless you are counting your children. Is the OW married?

I hope you don't mean the OW, because you did not destroy her life. She was your WILLING partner in the rape and assault of your wife. Don't you DARE put that skankhoe in the same category as your wife. Your OW signed up to screw a married man, she is no victim. Your wife did not sign up for this.

x2.

Whatever may have happened to POSOW due to exposure is a GOOD THING - it will help her realize that having an A has negative consequences and the accountablility hopefully will keep her from going after another innocent woman's H.

My sisters and I chased down my BIL's skanky OW and confronted her in a gas station parking lot. It wasn't pretty. As far as I am concerned we did her a service. She will probably think twice before sleeping with another woman's H again.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
S
S
And, DM, I realize you are still de-fogging but you realize that when you make statements such as the one above, looking at the OW as a "victim" is incredibly disrespectful and painful to your BW, right?? It's the same as twisting the knife in her back.

My ex made a statements similar to yours, didn't want me confronting the OW and said something about putting the OW in an "awkward position".

Let me tell you, that was an incredible lovebuster. Your BW's patience for this type of foggy thinking is not going to last. So I hope you STOP it & fast.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
D
DumbMan Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by BrainHurts

thank you so much for posting our show. I am going to listen to it on my phone.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 600 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation