Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
SusieQ #2768062 11/25/13 05:15 PM
M
mrs_cen Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by SusieQ
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
Originally Posted by mrs_cen
Thanks both of you - Markos & Prisca (for everything)
Brainy, ML, SusieQ - you guys to!!!
I'm so happy for you!!! Congrats!!

x100!

Mrscen, I also want to add I was so happy to see you posting & helping others recently. Bravo! smile

Thanks Suzy! That means a lot coming from you! laugh

FWW, 36

mrs_cen #2769308 12/04/13 05:00 PM
M
mrs_cen Offline OP
OP Offline
M
As many know, my DH and I moved Sept 01/13 and have now been in our new place for 3 months. We have both found full time employment, and we continue to follow the program and Dr. H's advice.
My question is work related - I am a nurse and am working in one of four clinics owned by a group of doctors. I do have after hours contact numbers for the doctors, as well as the office manager and all the receptionists, should emergencies come up etc. I've never had to use the numbers until now. Tomorrow's clinic was scheduled to start at 11:00, that was at 4:00 today when the doctor left, however I had to put a patient in at 10:30. The doctor's have all said it's fine to get in touch with them after hours for just this reason and of course strictly for work related issues.
Is it ok to text the doctor to tell him he needs to come at 10:00 instead of 11:00 with the schedule change? I'm not comfortable calling, texting seems a bit more "impersonal" to me. I would of course talk to my DH and let him know, show him the text - I'm soooo scared to do something wrong and mess up our recovery, I just want to handle it properly so that our EP's remain strong, and since communicating with the opposite sex was an EP, does this mean I can't? And if I can't how do I let him know? As a side note all the doctors and my office manager are aware of our situation and my past - I felt I needed to be transparent with them, so that questions of why I couldn't attend work functions after hours if DH was working, travel for continued education without him etc.
Advice please??? I'm in a panic.
Sorry it's do long - I hope it makes sense.

FWW, 36

mrs_cen #2769318 12/04/13 06:49 PM
M
M
My wife and I have a "no texting" EP, and even after 2 1/2 years, communication by texting would bother me. This situation is one for POJA. I would first tell your husband what the problem is, and seek his opinion on how to handle it. Being RH about the need for the communication and finding a mutually-acceptable solution is the way to go. Don't just decide something by yourself.

Is there a female coworker who could relay such messages for you?

me-65
wife-61
married for 40 years
DS - 38, autistic, lives at home
DD - 37, married and on her own
DS - 32, still living with us
mrEureka #2769319 12/04/13 06:59 PM
M
mrs_cen Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I haven't been able to get ahold of DH, so what I did was text my office manager - who is female, and knows about everything and just asked her to relay the message.
I'm not sure how DH would feel, but until we can talk about it - your right MrEureka, I didn't want to make that decision alone.

FWW, 36

mrs_cen #2769320 12/04/13 07:30 PM
B
B
I agree. This is definitely a POJA situation with your DH. Put a plan together for all scenarios that you may think will happen. It sounds like a good boundary to have is to ask a female coworker to relay the message.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 600 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation