Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 38 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 37 38
J
J
Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight
I don't think you understand plan a. It is unconditional love.
Jedi: Plan A is not unconditional love. Dr. Harley does not recommend unconditional love; in fact, he is opposed to it.

J
J
Originally Posted by JessicaClaire
I don't think you understand plan a. It is unconditional love.
Jedi: Plan A is not unconditional love. Dr. Harley does not recommend unconditional love; in fact, he is opposed to it.

Yes it is. He recently made that clear in a radio show.
You are correct that Harley does not support unconditional love in marriages because it is unsustainable.

However during an affair the goal is to put aside having your own needs met, and go all out to win back the wayward spouse.
He typically recommends that you do this for no more than 6 months though, because it is unsustainable.

J
J
Originally Posted by ChristianSamuari
Jedi,
I believe your right so I will, but I have to ask you this.
She asked if she could go away with my daughter and two of her friends on Dec 31st. Apparently one of them has one some tickets for a free hotel stay and aquarium visit. All women. What's your opinion.

Isn't it ridiculous that she would think about being with them at a time like this when she should focus on her marriage?

I would be very careful of allowing this.
Tranquil was asked if his mil could help around the house and it was all a scheme to kidnap his children!

C
OP Offline
C
I told her I don't prefer that they go together. I feel it better if we did it as a family.

Is there any good examples on here of PLAN A and the success they had with it and the not-so-successful.

Right now I am avoiding Love Busters.

ME\30
WW\28
DD\3

For jealousy arouses a husband's fury, and he will show no mercy
C
OP Offline
C
Her friends, I actually don't approve of now, because they are either divorce or single or have not been in a successful marriage and don't seem like the type to give good advice or might encourage an affair... I really don't know where they all stand on this.

ME\30
WW\28
DD\3

C
OP Offline
C
Requirements for Recoverying from an Affair

I was looking at this page and just to bring light to this.

My wife said before the affairs "She checked out the marriage a long time ago." and "she has been looking for someone to take care of her."

Now these two statements have caused me a little trouble because that means she is not in it and she may have had other affairs or so forth.

Now I will say, I have been having an amazing experience with God through all this and have switched my thinking into positive thinking of what our marriage could be if she wants to reconcile. That has been helping me a bit.

ME\30
WW\28
DD\3

J
J
I told her I don't prefer that they go together. I feel it better if we did it as a family.

Is there any good examples on here of PLAN A and the success they had with it and the not-so-successful.

Right now I am avoiding Love Busters.

One of the best resources is the daily radio show.
You can listen to it daily on this website.

If you would like a read a true MB success story from the forums read here:
http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2637264#Post2637264

J
J
Requirements for Recoverying from an Affair

I was looking at this page and just to bring light to this.

My wife said before the affairs "She checked out the marriage a long time ago." and "she has been looking for someone to take care of her."

Now these two statements have caused me a little trouble because that means she is not in it and she may have had other affairs or so forth.

Now I will say, I have been having an amazing experience with God through all this and have switched my thinking into positive thinking of what our marriage could be if she wants to reconcile. That has been helping me a bit.

She very well may have had other affairs because she has poor boundaries.
Her affair is still ongoing.
Whwn she is wiling to end the affair, she would be required as a condition of recovery to write a no contact letter to affair partner and employ extraordinary precautions so that this will never happen again.

At one time, as a condition of revovery she will answer all questions that you have and Dr Harley encourages use of polygraphs.

But that is down the road.
Focus on the day.

What emotional needs can you meet today? How many love bank deposits can you make?

C
OP Offline
C
She also said she is going to IC after the holidays. Is that a good idea for her since she doesn't know if she wants to Reconcile yet. She said "she doesn't want us to hurt each other, and for us to be healed so we can make the right choice if we should be together or not and be better parents for our daughter."

She just increased her depression medicine.

ME\30
WW\28
DD\3

J
J
Counseling may help her.
But that doesn't concern you right now.
She probably wouldn't need depression medicine if she stopped doing things yhat make her depressed.
Who prescribes it for her? A family doctor?
Hooefully it will help her see more clearly

C
OP Offline
C
Yea, she went to another family doctor. Hopefully. she is taking lexapro.

I am not sure how it is still on-going besides in her heart because she is basically under 24 hour watch. My in-laws are watching her all except texts but the OMW took his phone and stuff so I know there is no contact.

ME\30
WW\28
DD\3

J
J
Well om can buy a phone for $10 at walmart and a callimg card for a few more.
Know how I know? Because I blocked om from my wifes phone so her father nought her a phone to carry on her affair! She also used payphones.

Does your wife work? Does the employer spy on her during her breaks?
Does she have a commute? Does she ever go shopping?

Trust me, she is not under 24 hr surveillance.

Btw have you seen the movie Random Hearts? If not, it really shows the level of deceptions people go through

C
OP Offline
C
Ok, good point. I never thought of all that. Maybe I am a little naive. She does work, at night and I have drove by her job during her shift. She has 5 min drive from her parents to her job and she goes shopping... and she has Facebook and I still don't have access to the phone records.

Should I ask her about it or just continue with Plan A?

ME\30
WW\28
DD\3

J
J
At this point just continue with plan A.
The affair is active.
Most people can have sex in 5 minutes and the fact is she coild be having sex with him during her lunch break.

As for the 5 minute commute? Thats easy to solve. She just needs to tell the boss she feels sick and leave work early.

If you place a GPS unit on her car that may help give some info

C
OP Offline
C
Geez, are you in Plan A with your ex or are you moving on?

Edit: I was reading your signature.

Last edited by ChristianSamuari; 11/22/13 10:37 AM.

ME\30
WW\28
DD\3

J
J
Originally Posted by MrWondering
Thanks to the poster "Lino", I re-discoverd a prayer that I had used back in 2005 when I was trying to bust up my wife's affair. Hope it can help others as well.

Here it is:

[color:"blue"] Hedge Prayer for Return of a Wayward Spouse

[The Prayer of Hosea is one of the most powerful prayers in the arsenal of spiritual warfare -- the Hedge Prayer. Hosea had a wife who was committing adultery and running around on him. Hosea was convinced that he not divorce her but to pray for her return. This prayer is particularly useful in praying for a wayward spouse, child, or friend who has gone astray from the Faith and from God, has left to lead an improper life, and/or is estranged from the proper relationship they should have with you.

It should be noted, as it is with all prayer, the Hedge Prayer is not a magic bullet. There are no guarantees that the person prayed for will return. We must always remember that God has given his children the freedom to choose -- even the freedom to choose wrongly. No one, not even God, may force a person against their will to do anything. God, however, is a mighty persuader and although He will not intrude upon one's freedom to choose the course of one's own actions, He may provide the person with great incentive, motivation, and circumstances to help them decide to come back to the place they should be.

For she said, 'I will go after my lovers, who give me my bread and my water, my wool and my flax, my oil and my drink.' Therefore I will hedge up her way with thorns; and I will build a wall against her, so that she cannot find her paths. She shall pursue her lovers, but not overtake them; and she shall seek them, but shall not find them. Then she shall say, 'I will go and return to my first husband, for it was better with me then than now.' --Hosea 2:5b-7]

Trusting in the promise that whatever we ask the Father in Jesus' name He will do, I now approach You Father with confidence in Our Lord's words and in Your infinite power and love for me and for my [husband/wife, person's name] and with the intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of God, the Blessed Apostles Peter and Paul, Blessed Archangel Michael, the guardian angels of myself and [person's name] , with all the saints and angels of heaven, and Holy in the power of His blessed Name, as ask you Father to send forth Your Spirit to convict [person's name] and to allow him/her to see any and all wrongs that he has done and how they offend Your infinite goodness.

Father I ask in sorrow, knowing that You do not intrude upon free will, but that You can give Divine Influence like you did with Hosea's wife, that You send a hedge of thorns and wall around [person's name] so that he/she cannot find the paths that lead him/her away from me and our marriage, and though he/she shall pursue his/her [i.e. lovers, lifestyle, sinful ways, etc.] , he/she will not [i.e. overtake them, practice improper lifestyles, engage in sin, etc.] ; though he/she shall seek [i.e. lovers, improper lifestyle, sin, etc.] , he/she shall not find [i.e. them, desired lifestyle, the sin that draws him, etc.] ; that no matter what path or what [i.e. lover, lifestyle, sin, etc.] he/she seeks he/she shall not find satisfaction or happiness until he/she returns to me, his/her wife/husband where he/she may then be taught by Your Holy Spirit the true meaning of marriage and sexuality and to be a good and loving wife/husband, and to know the ways of righteousness and true womanhood/manhood.

Father, I am powerless against these spiritual forces and recognize my utter dependence on You and Your power. Look with mercy upon me and upon my wife/husband. Do not look upon our sins, O Lord; rather, look at the sufferings of your Beloved Son and see the Victim who's bitter passion and death has reconciled us to You. By the victory of the cross, protect us from all evil and rebuke any evil spirits who are attacking or influencing us in any way. Send them back to h-ll and place a wall of protection around this marriage. Send your Holy Angels to watch over us and protect us.

Father, all of these things I ask in the most holy name of Jesus Christ, Your Son. Thank you, Father, for hearing my prayer. I love You, I worship You, I thank You and I trust in You. Amen. [/color]

C
OP Offline
C
Thank you for that. That helps.

ME\30
WW\28
DD\3

J
J
Geez, are you in Plan A with your ex or are you moving on?

In my specific case, my wife had an affair with a violent felon (he went to prison for 9 years for trying to kill his 3 year old daughter while on drugs)
In such cases, Dr Harley places the health and safety of children above anything else.
My wife would not end the affair so I divorced her to protect the children.
I have custody of my 3 children and she lives with OM. They have passed the 2 year mark!

We were married 10 years.

However I had walked off of my path with the Lord and her affair brought me back to Church.
I pray with my children daily and we read the Bible.
We spend time together and they are mostly happy and healthy.

I did plan A for about 6 months during divorce process. So I have experience in plan A during an active affair.

The affair was tragic.
Thankfully, I found Marriage Builders and a plan on how to cope with it and move forward.

I am no longer in plan A. Immediately following divorce, I entered into a type of Plan B. Having no contact with such toxicity is very healing

You can't control your wifes actions, but you can control yours.

Last edited by Jedi_Knight; 11/22/13 10:46 AM.
C
OP Offline
C
If you would like a read a true MB success story from the forums read here:
http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2637264#Post2637264

Thanks for this. I really need the encouragement because even though I read John and Sue's story, my story is so more tragic and hard to deal with.

ME\30
WW\28
DD\3

C
OP Offline
C
Wow. That is some story. I can't even begin to imagine. Glad you are going to church and protecting your kids. Has she contacted you or the kids recently...sorry if I am intruding.

ME\30
WW\28
DD\3

Page 6 of 38 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 37 38

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation