Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
M
Originally Posted by Betterfuture
Family members- all know about the affair. They tell the kids no matter what their father has done, they still have to respect him and talk to him.

My mother is in an affairage, and this kind of advice was always very dangerous for me. My sanity is preserved because I have had almost no contact with my mother in a couple of decades. When I was younger I took people seriously when they told me she was still my mother and I had to love her anyway even though she clearly didn't love me, but once I quit listening to this advice and even debating people about it, I was a much happier person.

I would treat your children like adults and let them make their own decisions about whether or not to have a relationship with their worthless father. I wouldn't let them visit or contact relatives who pressure them - it sounds to me like you need to cut off contact with your former in-laws (that would probably be the case in almost any divorce, anyway) as well as your own parents. These people are poisoning your children and teaching them that God or the universe is unjust and wants them to suffer.

For my money, your kids will be a lot better off without their wayward father. I am extremely happy without my wayward mother; I have a successful marriage, family, and career and am very happy in all three. It's my form of revenge. smile

For my own sanity, I ended contact with both his and my family. His family have told the children that I should let go and move on.

They don't need to see him or his family any more unless court ordered or they just personally want to. Don't try to maintain these ties - they are hurtful to both your children and to you.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
M
I would specifically tell your children that they have the right to make their own decisions about who they are going to allow into their lives. Their father has inflicted on them one of the most traumatic injuries imaginable, not to even speak of what he has done to their mother. Calling him on the phone is probably not healthy for them; having the grandparents in their lives is probably not healthy for them.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted by NeeraZycantel
They talk to him once a month on the phone. They do it because they feel the pressure if family members.

Would the kids talk to him without that pressure?

I would say that they should not have to if they don't want to.

I'm a little confused- you have ended contact with they family, but it sounds like they still have influence on your kids through some channel?

Wayward's family still in contact with children through their cell. The family calls/texts children 2-3 times a month.

M
M
Originally Posted by NeeraZycantel
They talk to him once a month on the phone. They do it because they feel the pressure if family members.

Would the kids talk to him without that pressure?

I would say that they should not have to if they don't want to.

I'm a little confused- you have ended contact with they family, but it sounds like they still have influence on your kids through some channel?

Wayward's family still in contact with children through their cell. The family calls/texts children 2-3 times a month.

If it were me I'd change my number. If your children are interested in discouraging continued contact, this is an option.

B
OP Offline
B
We don't communicate. In the past, I would call him concerning with issues related to the children. His response: "kids under your custody, your responsibility. While with me on visitations, I am responsible for them." They didn't see him often. In court, he only asked for 1 day a month. His excuse, his job. But that was s lie. The other woman doesn't like the children because they don't like her so my xwh picks her over them. She doesn't want the children around her. Xwh tells kids they have to respect her no matter what because she is his wife now and will not allow disrespect. Other woman doesn't like our children, he knows this and he is ok with it.

J
J
I had to cut out most of my in laws;
And my kids have only benefited.

B
OP Offline
B
I'm reading momof8 post and my prayers are with her.

I don't want to hijack her thread but I also need to know about AD's. I have never taken any, but I think I might have to now. I often think about ex-husband's affair and hope his affairage ends. I know I shouldn't think about it but I don't know how to control my thoughts. I don't find joy in life.

My question is- how long does it take for Wellbutrin to take effect and does it interfere with diatery supplements?

B
B
The low dose Wellbutrin works quite well for me. It has the lowest risk of seizures, and the lowest possible reactions of any AD's. Dr. Harley has suggested Wellbutrin in the past.

Have you researched it for you to figure out if any of your current medications would interact with it?

W (me) - 40
H - 44
M 15 years, 2 kids
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 522 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation