Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
B
Originally Posted by TOMTEN
I'm not saying that you can't have a better/great M.

But can you honestly say that you being a BW never experience negative things because of your WH's A? Never anymore? Never a touch of stress because he has to travel for work or something?
All overnight travel has been eliminated and we live a completely transparent and interdependent marriage. We are more in love then we've ever been.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

T
TOMTEN Offline OP
OP Offline
T
If the WS doesn't want to stay then this whole discussion is meaningless. I come from this with the asumption that both WS and BS is willing to try.

Regarding WW1. You are correct, however if we follow your line of thought we shouldn't have punbished the Nazi leadership and consentration camp personel because it doesn't prevent anything.

Some form of compensation/recompence is ingrained into us as a very central part of us.

The next paragraph of yours I totaly agree with.

However I don't really agree with your next part. It is never anything the BS does that leads to an A. That is 100% on the WS. However, they both contribute to the state of the M and the problems it has.

My problem with "Just Compensation" is that I just don't see anything there that adresses compensation/recompence. Yes it is designed to affair prof your M and make your M a great one but it demands an equal amount from both BS and WS. So in a way you can see it as the WS is being rewarded with a great M for their A and pays nothing for it that the BS doesn't do.

If I was a WS and regretted the A and wanted to stay with my BS I would gladly and expect to have to do a lot more than the BS to repair the M. But I don't see that in Just Compensation at all and that makes me wonder...

J
J
Tom,

What is the point of the thread?
Are you considering divorce?

T
TOMTEN Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Sorry if I struck a nerve there.

Houswork as well as the other things I listed was just examples of things. There is tons of things you could do. And obviously it wouldn't be one thing and yes just having the WS do 4 days of dishes and the BS 3 every week is very trivial. But that was never the idea.

Also if you didn't notice it I'm not a BS nor a WS.

T
TOMTEN Offline OP
OP Offline
T
BrainHurts

OK, change travel for work with a work related conference lasting late in the evening or a meeting with a late dinner with important customers instead.

Again I don't doubt that you can have a better M. However, you didn't answer my question if you as a BS ever experience stress, angst or any negative thing because of the A even though you have a great M now?

Last edited by TOMTEN; 08/20/14 12:45 PM.
T
TOMTEN Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Sorry everybody, I noticed that I didn't quote, thought I did. I'll do that from now on when replying.

Last edited by TOMTEN; 08/20/14 12:48 PM.
T
TOMTEN Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight
Tom,

What is the point of the thread?
Are you considering divorce?

I'm neither a WS or a BS so no I don't.

The point of this thread is that I'm trying to learn. I have a very close family member that is a recent BS and I'm trying to understand as much as I can and help what I can.

Other forums I've been on proposes quite a different approach than MB and I want to know your thoughts regarding the issue of compensation/recompence, most other parts of the MB principle I think I grasp and understand in a general way.

I'm not trying to be a pain or anything just having a discussion and learning as much as I can. Since I got mostly negative feedback or no understanding of my initial thoughts I'm trying to understand your point of view and have you challenge this idea.

T
TOMTEN Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I'm sorry if I'm in the wrong forum for this discussion. Please point me in the right way if that is the case.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation