Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
OP Offline
S
My gf are getting better at communication. We went through a rough patch but are pulling out well.

I'm confused if she's seeing someone. We live in City A. She found a dude who does t shirts in city B, that's twenty min away. She wanted t shirts made for the moms on the football team with their kids names on the back and a logo on the front.

Three Saturdays ago she went for an hr to meet this dude. I didn't think anything.
Last week she had her nails done and then went to see the dude about tbshirts again. She was going to have nails done, then meet this dude in city B where he does the printing then go visit her cousin in jail at 2pm. She left the house at 10am. Dressed in tight shorts and hair combed out make up. To go have nails done. Then she went to see the dude. She came back at 2pm, changed into pants (as jails wont let women visit in shorts)and went and visited the cousin in jail down the street for an hr.
Today as I'm at work she tells me he called her and she will go see him about the shirts today Saturday when she wakes up. I work nights so I sleep during the day.

At this point I asked what more t shirts need to be done. I asked what if the football moms don't buy the shirts. Then she said he is going to make her her t shirt and she will wear it and if the moms want one she will collect cash and go take it to him to print.
So I'm like how long or how many Saturdays does it take to decide on a logo? What does she have to go do with the t shirts again?

Have beenshort of cash but slowly picking up qs I'm working doubles. She had told me to get extra income she had told him she wanted to help print shirts too after work Monday Wednesday Friday. Saturday mornings and all day Sunday.
That's ridiculous no one can work like that.
She hasn't mentioned again about working there.
I'm thinking when I get off work and get home to tell her I want to take her to see these t shirts as I want to print some too.

I'm I being paranoid????

S
OP Offline
S
68 views no reply, wow.

Last edited by shakazulu; 09/13/14 01:10 PM.
J
J
Originally Posted by shakazulu
�� 68 views no reply, wow.

Sir, the best advice I can offer is to read the book Buyers Renters and Freeloaders by Dr. Willard Harley.

Also, read the articles on this website to help familiarize yourself with Marriage Builders concepts.

Your girlfriend has not made a commitment to you, nor you to her in the form of marriage.
So you can either try to win her over to make that commitment, or look for another relationship with a woman that wants to commit.

J
J
You are right to be suspicious. Are you living together?

Last edited by Justthe3ofus; 09/13/14 01:03 PM.
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks for your reply Jedi. I agree. But we live together. I'm the man of the house and father figure. I provide for her kids and love them as if they were mine. Total unselfish love on my part.

I work hard for my family. I've been there for her through good and bad times. I've been tested and found to be a man who sticks around when others would have taken off. Been disrespected by the kids. Eg they say they want grapes. I go buy them. They waste half of them playing mouth catch. I say don't waste. They tell me you are not my dad. Next day I make breakfast. One of them trashes it and says I dont eat butter. I say please dont waste it. He says you are not my dad (9) yrs old. She hasn't asked him to apologize to me yet.
I've provided and loved.

M
M
But...you are not the dad and you are not her husband. There is no commitment here.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
OP Offline
S
Dad has never been in their life. I have. Are u saying that a child should not be taught respect or that a child can only listen to his biological dad even if he is a dead beat? That the step dad who loves, nurses, provides, attends all games etc has no right to tell a child anything?

S
OP Offline
S
I'm not just a live in dead beat bf. I'm proposing to her in Dec. We have been together for a while.

S
OP Offline
S
Let me not lose track, my original question was about this friendship? And please dont tell me that cause she's my gf she can do whatever she wants. I'm her bf and I dont just go see women as I like cause I'm committed to her.

J
J
Let me not lose track, my original question was about this friendship? And please dont tell me that cause she's my gf she can do whatever she wants. I'm her bf and I dont just go see women as I like cause I'm committed to her.

Sir, she CAN see whoever she wants.
She's an adult.
We are in each others lives by invitation only.
There are laws against adultery and that offers some level of protection to married couples because there has been a level of commitment.

There are a million other guys in your spot right now and they don't have fulfilling relationships like successful married couples do.

If you want to marry her, read the book Buyers Renters and Freeloaders and try to win her back and ask her to marry you.

However, living together before marriage makes the marriage much more prone to failure.

J
J
Dad has never been in their life. I have. Are u saying that a child should not be taught respect or that a child can only listen to his biological dad even if he is a dead beat? That the step dad who loves, nurses, provides, attends all games etc has no right to tell a child anything?

If you were married, and their legal step father then Dr. Harley would advise that their mother should do all the discipline of her children and you should try to be friends with them.

S
OP Offline
S
UPDATE:::
SUNDAY 930 AM.

She woke up and is leaving house. To go to her office and print out a paper and take it to a lady who wants to come back and work at her company (my gf is the HR lady). Talk with her for a while and chill.
So I said id have wanted to do something like breakfast with her as I hardly see her during the week. A breakfast date ir lunch date. I asked her what time will be good. She doesn't know. Then she says your going to work at 5pm right.So im thinking she will be back later this afternoon.

Then she tells me she text this dude who does the printing to see what time she could stop by. He had called her Friday n they met at macdonalds at ten pm as he dropped some t shirts for the football moms tobher which she gave to the moms Saturday, next day.He had asked her to meet on saturday(yesterday) to show her designs of her t shirt.She didn't go as we had a football game for her son.
So she's going to meet him today

J
J
Sir,
Have you read any of the articles on this site?
Did you order the book Buyers Renters and Freeloaders?

R
R
Your working the night shift is havoc for a romantic relationship with someone.
Living together is different than marriage. Great that you love her enough to propose...time'll tell if she wants to be your wife after the living together. Living together before marrying does set a big hurdle to overcome for a satisfying relationship in marriage.
It is nice that you care about her children. The bio dad, what did happen with him?

She may have something started with the Tshirt guy. You ought to be wondering about that if you want a monogamous relationship with her.

S
OP Offline
S
Well I cancelled my shift today and decided to make it with extra hrs on Wednesday.
Didn't tell her till 4pm. Supposed to go to work at 5pm.
Asked her if she was going to see the printer dude she said yes. I said do you mind if ingo with you . She said that's okay. She was kool for five minutes then started yelling at me for something in the house , blocked sink or something like that.

Anyway we went. I met him. Nerdish looking man. A gentleman. Shy. SINGLE. We talked about designs and prints etc. Then he had to close shop and go to sunday night church.

I checked her phone before we left. One text to him said "headed there in a few. I apologize I look like a hot mess a rag doll.."
He said "dont worry come along".

He showed her the design on the computer n we chit chatted a while n left. She mentioned to him several times how she was available Monday n Wednesday nights to help him in the store.

But he looks so shy. So innocent. He's a church going man. A mamas boy. I dunno what to make of this.

J
J
Sir,
Shy men that look like nerds and attend church still pursue women

R
R
If they spend quality time together alone......they will probably fall in love (even if they are not in love yet).

How old are her kids?

B
B

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks for the freeloaders renters etc link. Interesting read. Yes my fear is that all that time being spent together spells trouble.
Her kids are 15,13,9

G
G
This has "cheater" written all over it!!!!
Time for "PLAN A" or RUN!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 166 guests, and 207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Lost@1969, Jmoor9090, Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T
71,842 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation