Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
N
N
This sounds great and I would love to be included although I am a little late in getting the book. A few weeks after my discovery of the affair and after all my attempts to make things right seemed to fail, I came to my husband in the middle of the night and asked him to pray with me. Something we have never done TOGETHER. I dumped the whole situation on the Lord, asked His forgiveness and guidance. The next morning I emailed my H a copy of the prayer and told him I would be praying for us everyday and asked him to do the same. Wasn't sure if he was - but found a copy in his briefcase the other day. So I am grateful for the prayers. It is a daily, sometimes hourly, battle. I have also prayed the hedge of thorns around my H to keep evil influences from him. Are you familiar with that prayer? Keep the faith! Joni

P
P
Hi. Happy Wednesday! I thought I'd post the portion of the prayer for "His Wife' that has been most meaningful to me these past few days. It is the fourth paragraph of the prayer for His Wife, on page 45:<P>I lay all my expectations at Your cross. I release my husband from the burden of fulfilling me in areas where I should be looking to You. HELP ME TO ACCEPT HIM THE WAY HE IS AND NOT TRY TO CHANGE HIM. I REALIZE THAT IN SOME WAYS HE MAY NEVER CHANGE, BUT AT THE SAME TIME, I RELEASE HIM TO CHANGE IN WAYS I NEVER THOUGHT HE COULD. I LEAVE ANY CHANGING THAT NEEDS TO BE DONE IN YOUR HANDS, FULLY ACCEPTING THAT NEITHER OF US IS PERFECT AND NEVER WILL BE. Only You, Lord, are perfect and I look to You to perfect us.<P>It occurred to me that I, and possibly some of you, intend to pray through this book in an effort to change our husbands. I think it is important to realize that prayer is not a magic incantation by which we can create a better marriage or husband or even a different life. Prayer does change things, but not because we are so faithful, so pure (ha!) or so deserving when we come to God in prayer. Rather, we are putting ourselves in a place where God can change us, change our view of things, and soften our hearts to see things His way.<P>(Of course, the magic wand thing sounds so tempting, but we probably don't really know what would be best for us anyway!)<P>"May the God of patience and comfort grant us to be like-minded toward one another, according to Christ Jesus." Romans 15:5.<P>I trust that we can provide encouragement and support to each other here, as we try to love our husbands as they are and make the changes in ourselves that the Lord wants to see.<P>Prayer request this week for us: joint counseling session Friday night, we are to share our 'strengths and weaknesses' lists for ourself and our spouse. I am nervous, because I know that my h. has said that his list was "almost a hundred" when he started his affair, because he wanted to find fault with me. I mean, I'm willing to make changes, but almost a hundred faults? Puleeeze!<P>How about the rest of you? <P>1. What you most got out of Chapter One, His Wife<P>2. A brief, clear prayer request for this week?<P>Later, Liz Pearl<P>P.S. I may not post everyday, so feel free to be the first one to post tomorrow on Chapter Two, His Work.<P>------------------<P>"I have found the Pearl of Great Price"<BR><p>[This message has been edited by POGP (edited November 17, 1999).]

P
P
Hi again. When I finished posting, I found that Steve had just finished setting up the separate forum for us. Please 'hop' to Women's Bible Study to post on POPW.<P>Liz Pearl<P>------------------<BR><BR>"I have found the Pearl of Great Price"<BR>

W
W
Just a thought-would it be possible to get a daily prayer online? If not, that's a great idea and I'd do it! Thanks<P>Sad4Now<BR>(using friend's computer)<P>Tracy

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 204 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Lost@1969, Jmoor9090, Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T
71,842 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation