Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
M
M
Originally Posted by BigDave33
Originally Posted by unwritten
Originally Posted by BigDave33
I'll give her the link tonight after we tell the kids.

Thank you!

I sent her the info and the thread title. She said she would take a look, but she was mad as all get out. She doesn't like the idea of airing dirty laundry in public. I got an ear full and then some.

She said if she thought there was any point she would post, but she isn't a fan.

You can tell her it is an anonymous forum.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by markos
Let her know that we will support her in forming a new life without you if that is what she chooses.

Tell her what good there is here for HER. Tell her what she would like here. There are a lot of people who have been where she is now and have been through the same devastating events and who can help support her in dumping you if that's what she decides she wants to do, or in staying with you if that's what she decides she wants to do.

Give her information about the Marriage Builders Radio program and app as well.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
T
T
It's great that you were honest with your wife. You need to give her time to digest what you told her, this is probably the most dramatic thing that has ever happened to her so of course she says she wants nothing to do with you. The majority of people at least try to recover their marraige so be aware of that and don't give up hope.

Whenever she is ready to give it a shot you need to be ready with a great plan. The MB program is great and proven to be successful. You must follow every aspect of the plan, Dr. Harley states that your marriage has slim chances and if you skip steps of the plan then your chances of recovery go to almost zero. So make sure you learn the plan and are ready to commit to everything in the plan.

Lastly, if you're interested in the science behind the Marriage Builders plan then go straght to the source, Dr. Harley. You can email his radio show and he and his wife Joyce read every email they receive. Good luck, learn the plan, commit to the plan and give yourself the best chance at a happy marriage. Don't live with regret and hope you could have done more.

email: mbradio@marriagebuilders.com

B
OP Offline
B
Thanks for the info. It looks like I made it worse by posting our private life here, but she did say she would come.

The talk with our kids went as well as can be expected. I don't want to make it worse by putting what the wife might see as private on here. If she wants to give any details about how it went, I'll leave it up to her.

Online sex sites for five years
3 year online affair
Rededicated to wife and trying to make it work
Dday - several (most were her suspicions but never verified)
U
U
For a BS, it is often humiliating and brings shame when your spouse cheats, even though it shouldn't. Many people have a gut reaction to hide this 'secret' about their lives, because they are embarrassed.

Hopefully if she comes here and realizes that we have BTDT and only seek to support a new way of life for the both of you, she will see it differently.

B
OP Offline
B
I hope you're right.

3 year online affair
A
A
I don't consider this to be a very public place. It is anonymous and I certainly have no clue about you and your wife's real identities.

Have you looked at the "Surviving an Affair" video yet? Have you printed out and reviewed the list of extraordinary precautions? Have you started working on them, regardless of whether your wife wants a divorce or not?

AM

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.
N
N
**edit**

Last edited by Denali; 09/26/14 12:55 PM. Reason: TOS disrespectful - multiple aliases
M
M
Originally Posted by notimpressed
It appears from reading the posts to Dave some of you thought if he sent me here I would collapse and beg for your help.

Goodness, no! You must have misunderstood. I imagine that your husband may be putting his own slant on things. He sounds to me like he wants you to "heal" so he can carry on life as it was. In other words, he has a biased agenda and a vested interest in making things come out his way.

I believe message boards are for people who cannot maintain personal relationships and have no life outside of the internet. Looking at how often some of you post it appears I am correct.

Well, that's kind of nasty. I have an exciting marriage, seven homeschooled children my wife and I are raising, and we are regularly on the road as a family doing fun things. Right now we are remodeling our new home. I spend a lot of time here helping because it helped me to learn what to do to save our marriage years ago when my wife and I used to fight all the time.

Anyway, we are happy to help if you are interested. Going to take me a little bit to get through your very long post.

BTW, start your own thread, apart from your husband's. That's usually the best practice when husband and wife don't post.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
M
I don�t have 15 hours a week to give him undivided attention. I work 12-15 hour days. Who the F has fifteen hours a week to give to only one person?

Plus, why on earth would you want to now? Only you can decide if you want to stay with him or not.

J
J
Notimpressed,

Dave was asked to invite you here...not so you would "collapse and beg for help" but so you could receive help and a plan to recover from his affairs if you so desired.

M
M
I read His needs Her needs several years ago and I was not impressed. The very idea that I would fall onto my back and spread my legs due to Dave depositing enough emotional intimacy into my love bank is offensive.

The entire book is chauvinistic, misogynistic and antiquated. The very idea that all woman are programmed to put out sexually when our partners put out emotionally is disgusting. Women are not one-size-fits-all and neither are marriages.

Oh my goodness, you must have read some other book?

Nobody made you come here and post - are you here just to be hateful? Nobody makes anybody follow the advice here, and people who don't agree with the approach are free to go elsewhere.

For those who have followed the program, we have had great results.

M
M
Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight
Notimpressed,

Dave was asked to invite you here...not so you would "collapse and beg for help" but so you could receive help and a plan to recover from his affairs if you so desired.

My actual thinking was that with his attitude the group here could give you some help in achieving separation, divorce, and personal recovery. But of course that's your decision to make.

N
N
I don�t have 15 hours a week to give him undivided attention. I work 12-15 hour days. Who the F has fifteen hours a week to give to only one person?

Plus, why on earth would you want to now? Only you can decide if you want to stay with him or not.
I already decided, and I am not a woman that changes her mind.

M
M
The closed-mindedness on this site is scary and dangerous

Not really, because everybody can do what they want in life! laugh

N
N
I read His needs Her needs several years ago and I was not impressed. The very idea that I would fall onto my back and spread my legs due to Dave depositing enough emotional intimacy into my love bank is offensive.

The entire book is chauvinistic, misogynistic and antiquated. The very idea that all woman are programmed to put out sexually when our partners put out emotionally is disgusting. Women are not one-size-fits-all and neither are marriages.

Nobody made you come here and post - are you here just to be hateful? Nobody makes anybody follow the advice here, and people who don't agree with the approach are free to go elsewhere.

**edit**

Last edited by Denali; 09/26/14 12:56 PM. Reason: TOS disrespectful
J
J
**edit**

**edit**

Well, I wish you the best in life and getting through the divorce.

Last edited by Denali; 09/26/14 01:02 PM. Reason: removing quotes
N
N
Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight
**edit**.

**edit**

Well, I wish you the best in life and getting through the divorce.

Thank you, I do appreciate that.

Last edited by Denali; 09/26/14 12:58 PM. Reason: removing quote
J
J
If you so desire, there is a divorce forum here too if you wanted to start a thread there and discuss post marriage dating too

B
OP Offline
B
Goodness, no! You must have misunderstood. I imagine that your husband may be putting his own slant on things. He sounds to me like he wants you to "heal" so he can carry on life as it was. In other words, he has a biased agenda and a vested interest in making things come out his way.
Absolutely untrue.

3 year online affair
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 431 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation