Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
N
N
DJ = Disrespectful judgements
AO = Angry outbursts

Remarried 7/16
Thanks MB!
T
T
Originally Posted by Bewildered_BH
I have spoke to OM on phone once, about 2 days after dday. He said I can't make him stop contact and my WW can do what she wants. I didn't keep his number, had called him from WWs phone that night.

I don't know where he works or lives. I have thought if I bumped into him, not sure I would resist hitting him.

What is dj and ao?

http://www.marriagebuilders.com/graphic/mbi3400_lovebust.html

Go to that page and you will learn about DJ's and AO's.

MelodyLane Jr is falling down on her job. rant2

Well at least I thought that remark about BHurts was funny. laugh

Last edited by TheRoad; 12/26/14 09:00 AM.
B
B
Originally Posted by TheRoad
I have spoke to OM on phone once, about 2 days after dday. He said I can't make him stop contact and my WW can do what she wants. I didn't keep his number, had called him from WWs phone that night.

I don't know where he works or lives. I have thought if I bumped into him, not sure I would resist hitting him.

What is dj and ao?

http://www.marriagebuilders.com/graphic/mbi3400_lovebust.html

Go to that page and you will learn about DJ's and AO's.

MelodyLane Jr is falling down on her job. rant2

Well at least I thought that remark about BHurts was funny. laugh
Lol

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

B
OP Offline
B
I have read SAA and some of the 'love busters' book. Apart from giver and taker description, I dont see what LB book gives that SAA doesn't. only about a 3rd through tho.

I just never recognised the acronym

I will be careful to rant at others and here and not to her. Today has been a hard day. She went to his families yesterday and ignored her family, then ofc stayed at his overnight. Just the knowledge of that hurts.

Still, holding back the LBs

B
B

Don't do anything that would get you into trouble. Did you read the thread I posted to you about confronting OM?

What is dj and ao?
Didn't you say you bought the book Love Busters? Angry Outbursts and disrespectful judgements have their own chapters.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

B
B
I just never recognised the acronym

Here Abbreviations and Acronyms

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

B
OP Offline
B
I can't confront him as I have no means of making contact. He's blocked me on fb because I went through his contacts.

I don't have address or number.

The one time I did contact him I was shouting, swearing etc. It was about 2 days after dday and I was a wreck

M
M
Can you get his address? If you feel like you would hit him, it would be a good idea to take a big friend to help you control yourself.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

B
OP Offline
B
asking his BS if she has address

B
OP Offline
B
Yeah, he wasn't home but spoke to bs in person.
I might go to doctors after all. Huge emotional outbursts today brought on by this but been building up over Christmas

I am/was friends with OMs brother in law. Went and spoke to him told him I was annoyed they had WW and OM over together at Christmas. It was condoning affair.

I later got a message from OMs sister saying it's time I accept I've lost my marriage. Followed by a message from WW saying I need to get myself together and not put others in awkward positions

I was then bit of a wreck at home for a few hours. The whole Christmas thing has really brought this home and made it hard

B
B
Originally Posted by Dr. Harley
Since plan B (and plan A, for that matter), is extremely stressful for the betrayed spouse, I usually recommend that he or she ask a physician to prescribe anti-depressant medication to be taken throughout the crisis. This not only greatly reduces the suffering of the betrayed spouse, but it also helps keep a clear head at a time when patience and wise decisions are crucial. Anti-depressant medication does not numb the betrayed spouse to the crisis, it actually helps raise him or her above emotional reactions that would otherwise prevent clear-headed thinking. Why suffer and and make poor choices when anti-depressant medication can help ease your pain and improve your concentration in this time of unprecedented crisis?

What Are Plan A and Plan B?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

B
B
Yeah, he wasn't home but spoke to bs in person.
I might go to doctors after all. Huge emotional outbursts today brought on by this but been building up over Christmas

I am/was friends with OMs brother in law. Went and spoke to him told him I was annoyed they had WW and OM over together at Christmas. It was condoning affair.

I later got a message from OMs sister saying it's time I accept I've lost my marriage. Followed by a message from WW saying I need to get myself together and not put others in awkward positions

I was then bit of a wreck at home for a few hours. The whole Christmas thing has really brought this home and made it hard
What did OM's BIL say?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

B
OP Offline
B
I've read saa. I know plan Av means keeping a level head. I messed up but at least not in front of her.

Although it was probably still a lb

BIL said nothing I can do, just try and accept it. The more i try the more I push her away. He ofc then went and spoke to his wife. Who sent messages.

Btw he doesn't know his wife had affair a few years ago, I wouldn't tell him, but wonder if he would change his tune if he knew

Last edited by Bewildered_BH; 12/26/14 02:47 PM.
B
B
Btw he doesn't know his wife had affair a few years ago, I wouldn't tell him, but wonder if he would change his tune if he knew
How do you know he doesn't know? Why wouldn't you tell him? This poor man doesn't know the truth about his own life.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

B
OP Offline
B
AGES ago before all this kicked off, my wife who was totally against cheaters told me in digust. Ironic?

I wouldn't tell him , especially, right now because it would be out of spite.

The OMS BS showed me where OM lived but he wasnt home. She also tried to tell me about something I haven't shared here yet. Not sure why.

I found out 3 weeks after DDday my wife was 4 weeks pregnant. She wasnt going to tell me, i found my snooping messages between her and OM, which included a pic of pregnancy test. I confronted her but said it was from her behaviour rather than snooping. She admitted it and said she had a checkup to date it for sure, I then got a call saying she had taken abortion pill. She had discussed it with OM and he had agreed he didnt want another child. I was like WTF, what if it was mine? But i will never know.

She said after 2nd pill someone needs to spend 24 hrs with her, i refused so she spent it with him. Doing that was before i found MB and i might have pushed her more to him frown

She a few times looked for sympathy for me, but i was greiving my family and now potential loss of baby, i never had any to give. Again, probably pushing her to him. Do you think I am now flogging a dead horse? I thought at time it might break fantasy but it might have just created bonds!

Last edited by Bewildered_BH; 12/26/14 03:00 PM.
N
N
You're still very early in this. No more LB's or AO's. You're still in a position to Plan A for a while and leave a good impression before moving to Plan B.

Remarried 7/16
Thanks MB!
B
OP Offline
B
The message she sent me after I spoke to OMs BIL was

"please stop acting so irrationally. You are putting people in impossible situations and making them feel awkward. This is between you and me only.Please just concentrate on the boys."

I found it funny that she brought my boys into it, as she didnt spend any time with boys over christmas and has now said she wont over new year either as they are my days. Its so she can go out and drink/party/spend time with OM.

I just replied with

"You are right, it was daft. I just got hit with a bit stress."

Will see doc on monday about anti depressants. Maybe ask about counselling too so I can rant at someone!

Last edited by Bewildered_BH; 12/26/14 03:41 PM.
J
J
You should not have told her that! It was not daft.

Screwing another man while you're married with children is daft.
Pretending that infidelity and breaking sacred marriage vows is not a cause for alarm is daft.

People who don't honor marriage and commitment are rootless tumbleweeds whose opinions don't matter.

Last edited by Justthe3ofus; 12/26/14 03:52 PM.
B
OP Offline
B
I was trying to avoid a LB! should have just said nothing then?

J
J
Bewildered,
Find out where the other man works. Confront him there. It will embarrass him and cause trouble he does not want. Also, a workplace environment will help to keep things from getting violent.

I like the idea of bringing a big friend, but not for him to keep you from punching the guys lights out (he deserves it), but because he will intimidate the other man.

I am not advocating violence. But I am advocating getting in this other man's head and making sure he knows that he picked the wrong guy to mess with.

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 312 guests, and 86 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation