Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14
H
H
I agree, look up a women's shelter on the internet and call them. Don't let anyone know. You can take a taxi to the women's shelter. Sneak out of the house and do it out of the mall if you must. This man will be your undoing.

You are strong. You know he has not changed. A man who cares about his family will make them feel safe by becoming a safe person by solving his psychological problems. That takes time.
This man wants his prize, but does not want to do the work for it. He is looking for a fast solution that suits HIM and only HIM. That is not change, that is putting on a temporary mask.

If you go to the shelter leave your smart phone at home, so that you will not be tempted. Please save your child from the insanity.

me, DH
all the children
H
H
Please escape this place where he can catch you again to live under HIS conditions.

I would wish that your father would be a real father who protects his daughter from this bum. But if your father does not step up to the plate, you must be your own father. Please let us help you to have a better life. It will only get harder if you give in. The fairy tale will not materialize. He is already threatening you and you are not even under his power really. Imagine you will live with him and be dependant on him.

me, DH
all the children
H
H
Please get out of the car at a gas station and call the police. Have you even talked to a lawyer?

me, DH
all the children
H
H
Why did your father even let you go? shocked Nooo

Last edited by happyheart; 02/28/15 02:52 AM.

me, DH
all the children
I
I
Nonsense -get your own legal advice! Call a shelter.

Next time someone is going to get killed. Have you thought how you will survive if it's your son!

You are a mother. You don't have the luxury of being weak.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

H
H
Originally Posted by pleasewearmyshoe
part of me still loves him and wanted him to hold me. And after all, what choice did I have now?? He was once again in control. We had sex.

Of course you want to be held and feel protected. But you like in the Harlow experiment, you are clinging to a mirage, an iron-wired image of a person with a thin mask of humanity.***EDIT***

Now I am riding back to KS with them and my son. I am starting to feel like a have made a gigantic mistake. I have no idea what to do now.

What about:
1. asking to go to the toilet at the gas station
2. getting out of the car with your child and ask the man from the gas station to make an emergency call.
3. not getting in the car again.
4. call a women's shelter. http://www.womenshelters.org/

We totally get that he has exhausted you and that you want him to be what he promises to be. But you have to do the hard thing for the future of your child.

Indiegirl asked: How could you live if your child was killed?
I'm asking you: What will happen to your child if his mother is killed?
Indeed you don't have the luxury to be weak now.

Last edited by Ariel; 02/28/15 08:56 AM. Reason: Removing link to personal blog

me, DH
all the children
N
N
Originally Posted by rocksolid
I know you've caved in but it's not too late for you. He's manipulating you back and trying to scare you in saying he has a lawyer. I highly doubt this.

Please see a lawyer immediately and find a women's shelter. You are not safe with him now more so than ever. You have seen now that he will stop at nothing to try and own you and control you. He sounds like he may snap at any time to get what he wants.

Originally Posted by happyheart
You are strong. You know he has not changed. A man who cares about his family will make them feel safe by becoming a safe person by solving his psychological problems. That takes time.
This man wants his prize, but does not want to do the work for it. He is looking for a fast solution that suits HIM and only HIM. That is not change, that is putting on a temporary mask.

You said form the beginning that he manipulates you with his anger and temper. How is that good for your son? Please start listening to the radio show, you'll hear what real mutual respect and care sound like.

Your son can have a new legacy, not angry to his wife and children because of what you and your ex have saddled with. If you had talked to the women's shelter they would help you find the rights that you and your son have. You ex was lying to you about his whole thing. Don't beat yourself up, the average is 6 times leaving an abusive relationship before the woman stays gone. But let the help you need from the woman's shelter and free consult with an attorney so you can give your son the protection he deserves from the lying, deceit, and manipulation. You are the only advocate he has frown

Me 40, OD 18 and YD 13
Married 15 years, Divorced 10/2010
P
P
I am very disappointed to hear this.
We have spent a lot of time and effort supporting you and advising you.
You have received personal advice from the best counselor in the country.
But no one can force you to do what you know you need to do. That is a choice you are going to have to make. Only you can. You will have to find the strength within yourself to do it.

Or not. It's up to you.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

B
B
You caved this time. But you are getting stronger. Do not let this failure trap you into thinking that you have to stay now. Every moment is a chance for you to make a better choice. Will you make that choice in time?

Plan carefully or you will be like my acquaintance in the last month who ended up gunshot because her husband attempted a murder/suicide. He was too angry to track down their child, so the child was not physically harmed but is so traumatised he/she is not speaking at all since the incident.
she will live. He is going to prison this time and the cycle is very likely broken for good. Hopefully the child will recover with the good help and she will make a better and safe life for herself and child, but it doesn't undo the trauma that could have been prevented if she had not gone back all the other times she left.

Is that what you want for yourself and your child?

Listen to all that has been said about contacting a women's shelter. They understand the patterns of behavior you are trapped in. They can help much better than your parents can help.

Leave again. Good examples of how to do that have been provided. Play it calm and sweet until you escape again, but do it NOW ....then get to a shelter, not to friends or family who have no real clue that this is classic abusive behavior of the kind that gets innocents killed. Friends and family can not give you good advice or support.

Remember that I told you to go to an address where he can not find you until you have talked to a lawyer? That is important. Do that the next time. The shelter will know how to make that happen.

Married to Pearlseeker for 13 yrs
B
B
We had sex
In addition to what everyone has told you that you need to get out and get away from him.

Please tell us you're using protection. The last thing you need is to get pregnant again.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

B
B
And after all, what choice did I have now?? He was once again in control.

faint

You know you do have choices and you choose not to exercise that right out of misplaced guilt and obligation. Is this how you plan to raise your boy? People can make him do stuff and he has no choice to control his own life decisions?

Remember this:

Originally Posted by MelodyLane
I never thought I would be one of those women who are too stupid to leave a dangerous relationship. I never understood why they stayed.

You are one of those women now.

You choose to be a victim. I hope you leave your abusive boyfriend. Not only is he a horrible boyfriend, he is a horrible father to treat the mother of his child this way.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
S
S
Dr. Harley,

He showed up unannounced yesterday with his mother and a brand new loaded diaper bag and car seat. We sat down alone and talked. He asked me to cooperate with him and come back to KS with his son. I refused. He proceeded to tell me that he paid a lawyer tons of money (I have no idea where he would have got this accept maybe from his mother's widowed life insurance) and that if I refused to bring our son back that i would be "common law divorce" served papers that would order me to return to the state with my son in 24 hours, that a schedule was already laid out for 50:50 custody. I had never represented us as common law but he says that there was enough evidence to claim it. I was furious and irate!! After a while, I became numb of emotion and then fell for his compassion and sympathy for me. He really does seem changed. He used to react so hotly and now he is calm and composed. I still want a different life, but part of me still loves him and wanted him to hold me. And after all, what choice did I have now?? He was once again in control. We had sex. Now I am riding back to KS with them and my son. I am starting to feel like a have made a gigantic mistake. I have no idea what to do now.

He also had his nerd friend hack my Facebook so I'm pretty sure he probably has hacked everything.
Has Dr Harley replied? What did he say? Are you going to follow his advice?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
P
OP Offline
P
frown the papers are legit. They are in pending status and I played a voice mail of his that states they are awaiting my address for serving. I was able to view them online. My father was on a business trip. He wanted me to call the cops. I did everything my father told me not to do. I Knew I Would Be Vulnerable To My Emotions If I Was Alone With him. But he had my son. So I asked him to come get me. And now I find myself snowed-in half way between here and there. I had previously, stupidly, threatened him that I would get a lawyer and that all the professionals tell me not to give him my son. I almost can't blame him for doing what he had to do to ensure I would not keep his son from him. He claims to have returned to visit his son and to allow me the opportunity to bring our son back to him at my own will, because he doesn't want to hurt me. He didn't pressure me to be in a relationship with him at all, but he did ask me to. Nor did he pressure me to Leave with him nor to return Apollo to him until I was served. But I do feel like I have been taken advantage of during a moment of duress. And I do not believe it is right or loving to force me to move to him because it is in his best interest, not mine. He claims that he will move with me to my family when he is better prepared to do so. His behavior really is a lot different though, his mood swings are nonexistent, at least for now... when usually he is hot tempered throughout every day. He even kept his cool when I had lost it and was screaming at him. I don't know what I want. frown I can't believe that I am right back into this situation frown but I do not believe that he would ever harm anyone, especially his child or myself. That has never been part of his character. Even with all the other crap going on. Currently, I am stuck with him, snowed-in half way between my family and our home state. He is upset that I keep reaching out for outside help, he says it does not aid in a healthy relationship. But I told him that I needed to seek outside perspectives to understand my feelings better.

P
P
Has Dr Harley replied? What did he say? Are you going to follow his advice?
Please answer.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

B
B
frown the papers are legit. They are in pending status and I played a voice mail of his that states they are awaiting my address for serving.

If you haven't been served, those papers are worthless. Pending doesn't mean squat. If anything is online all that means is something was filed with the county...and again it doesn't mean squat. It is obvious you have no idea what is legal and what isn't...and to be quite frank you don't seem to care so I will bow out of this thread.

Good luck to you.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
H
H
You should not discuss with him about reaching for outside help, or splitting up. If you must, talk with him how wonderful it is to have an intact family. Go into stealth mode and be James Bond on a super secret mission, or rather McGiver.

What are your plans? Do you stay with him and hope for the best until he shows his true face? Or do you want out? Or are you still unsure?

me, DH
all the children
H
H
If he does not know where you are, you cannot be served with anything and can have him served first.

Last edited by happyheart; 03/01/15 03:27 AM.

me, DH
all the children
I
I
frown the papers are legit. They are in pending status and I played a voice mail of his that states they are awaiting my address for serving. I was able to view them online. My father was on a business trip. He wanted me to call the cops. I did everything my father told me not to do. I Knew I Would Be Vulnerable To My Emotions If I Was Alone With him. But he had my son. So I asked him to come get me. And now I find myself snowed-in half way between here and there. I had previously, stupidly, threatened him that I would get a lawyer and that all the professionals tell me not to give him my son. I almost can't blame him for doing what he had to do to ensure I would not keep his son from him. He claims to have returned to visit his son and to allow me the opportunity to bring our son back to him at my own will, because he doesn't want to hurt me. He didn't pressure me to be in a relationship with him at all, but he did ask me to. Nor did he pressure me to Leave with him nor to return Apollo to him until I was served. But I do feel like I have been taken advantage of during a moment of duress. And I do not believe it is right or loving to force me to move to him because it is in his best interest, not mine. He claims that he will move with me to my family when he is better prepared to do so. His behavior really is a lot different though, his mood swings are nonexistent, at least for now... when usually he is hot tempered throughout every day. He even kept his cool when I had lost it and was screaming at him. I don't know what I want. frown I can't believe that I am right back into this situation frown but I do not believe that he would ever harm anyone, especially his child or myself. That has never been part of his character. Even with all the other crap going on. Currently, I am stuck with him, snowed-in half way between my family and our home state. He is upset that I keep reaching out for outside help, he says it does not aid in a healthy relationship. But I told him that I needed to seek outside perspectives to understand my feelings better.

He is controlling you and you need to get away, get your own legal advice.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

H
H
Are you anywhere near the civilization or in the middle of nowhere?

me, DH
all the children
W
W
If you stay with that loser, you're just as bad as he is, and your son is going to grow up as awful as his father. Is that what you want? He's no different, you're just being manipulated and you know it. This is the same crap he was pulling when you were gone. HE HAS NOT CHANGED.

Last edited by Woundednotbroken; 03/01/15 07:55 AM.

BW-27
FWH-31
DS-6
Married several years
D-Day- 11/22/13
Plan A+Exposure
NC+Beginning of Recovery-04/2014

In Recovery and happier and more in love than ever
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 132 guests, and 36 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
peppa, RP4280, Philip Pitre, ClarencePeterson, ColsDawg
71,872 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Spying on Wife's phone without getting caught?
by ClarencePeterson - 09/22/24 08:59 PM
Depression
by ClarencePeterson - 09/22/24 11:19 AM
Separated/Dating
by ClarencePeterson - 09/21/24 08:58 PM
Child activities
by ClarencePeterson - 09/21/24 08:56 PM
Loss of libido/Sexual Attraction
by ClarencePeterson - 09/21/24 06:10 AM
Involucrar o no a la familia por apoyo
by ClarencePeterson - 09/21/24 06:09 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,607
Posts2,323,424
Members71,872
Most Online3,185
Jan 27th, 2020
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2024, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation