Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
S
skd Offline
S
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Beachgirl's Basic Cheesecake

Ingredients:
32 ounces cream cheese
1 cup Splenda
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon juice
4 eggs plus 1 egg yolk
3 tablespoons sour cream

How to Prepare:
Bring all cold ingredients to room temperature. With an electric mixer, combine the cream cheese and sugar at slow to medium speed, scraping sides often. Add all other ingredients except eggs . When completely mixed (with no lumps), add the eggs and egg yolk, one at a time, beating very slowly. Over-mixing the batter is a contributing cause of cracked cheesecakes. (The leading cause of cracking is over-cooking, so don�t believe any one who tells you it is normal for a cheesecake to be cracked; it isn't.) Always treat the batter gently.

Pour the mixture into a greased Springform pan. Place the pan on a very large piece of aluminum foil, and fold the foil up around the pan to create a watertight barrier around the cheesecake. Then place the springform pan in an even larger pan and fill the larger pan halfway with water. This is called a water bath. It is a gentler way to cook the cheesecake. Place the entire water bath containing the cheesecake in a 300-degree preheated oven.

Place the entire water bath containing the cheesecake in a 300-degree preheated oven. Cook for 1 hour and reduce heat to 200 degrees for 1 more hour. Turn oven off and leave cheesecake in until the oven is completely cool. The cheesecake can even be left overnight at this point. Cracks can also occur when a cheesecake cools too quickly, so don�t rush this process. Let it set up for several hours in the fridge, preferably overnight.

12 servings, each with 5 grams of carbs.

This recipe is soooo deserving of a repost. I made this yesterday and it is so good it has to be sinful. I put it in the frig last night and I could hardly wait to taste it this a.m. It is soooo good and soooo filling.

Thanks again MelodyLane for sharing this recipe! I'm definitely passing it along to some other friends that are doing lo/no carb diets.

FS of 27yrs
BW
DDay 11/2013
Began MB Seminar 7/2014
H quit MB Seminar 10/2014
Filed for D 11/17/2014
PB 12/18/2014
D 07/29/2015
skd #2848871 03/27/15 07:55 AM
M
M
Glad you liked it! I just love it because it is such a great, filling breakfast.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
S
Glad you liked it! I just love it because it is such a great, filling breakfast.
Cheesecake for breakfast? Whatever next!

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
S
S
Porridge for dinner, I suppose!

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
M
Originally Posted by SugarCane

What is porridge???? Is that like BBQ?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M

I actually looked up porridge not long ago, and I think cream of wheat and grits count. I actually don't mind a nice filling cream of wheat dinner now and then, given enough butter and salt.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
S
S
My giddy aunt...

Porridge is what my USA cousins call "oatmeal". I had very nice oatmeal breakfasts when I visited your country, so I know you know what that is!

Although I realise now that I should have had it as the pudding course at dinner!

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
S
skd Offline
S

rotflmao Every questionable food choice doesn't have to relate to BBQ...unless you're from TexasrotflmaoAlthough I love BBQ and think every food should be grilled, smoked and bathed in BBQ!

Last edited by skd; 03/27/15 12:46 PM.

FS of 27yrs
BW
DDay 11/2013
Began MB Seminar 7/2014
Filed for D 11/17/2014
PB 12/18/2014
D 07/29/2015
skd #2848907 03/27/15 01:14 PM
M
M
Originally Posted by skd

rotflmao Every questionable food choice doesn't have to relate to BBQ...unless you're from TexasrotflmaoAlthough I love BBQ and think every food should be grilled, smoked and bathed in BBQ!

What else is there to eat besides BBQ~???? grin

Exposure 101

M
M
My giddy aunt...

Porridge is what my USA cousins call "oatmeal". I had very nice oatmeal breakfasts when I visited your country, so I know you know what that is!

Although I realise now that I should have had it as the pudding course at dinner!

We don't eat that foolishness down in Texas!! We eat steak and EGGS! grin

Exposure 101

A
A
We don't eat that foolishness down in Texas!!

rotflmao

Happily remarried to wonderful woman who I found using the guidelines in "Buyers, Renters, Freeloaders"
2 baby boys, working on #3 and couldn't ask for anything more.

When my ex's affair happened: BH 28, Ex-WW:29
Married: 7 years
Together: 8 years
D-day: 10/5/2014
D filed: 1/22/2015
D Final: 6/4/2015

My story
S
skd Offline
S
For anyone that's interested, I found a yummy Sugar Free Low Carb Barbecue Sauce recipe online items in red are my alterations to the original recipe:

Ingredients
2 strips of thick bacon, chopped fine (or see note)
1 small onion, minced medium purple onion but I love onion
1 clove garlic, minced or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 small can (6 oz) tomato paste
1 can (12 oz) diet (sugar-free) cola - Splenda-sweetened preferred 20 oz bottle of Pepsi Max IMO there is no substitute unless it's the original Pepsi then the 0 carb is blown wink
1/4 cup low carb (sugar-free) catsup, (or see note) I used the vinegar as suggested below and 2 tablespoons of granulated Splenda
3 T mustard I used regular yellow mustard, but next time I'm going to try spicy mustard to see what it tastes like
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 pinch ground cloves didn't use bc I didn't have any
Hot sauce to taste just a dash but I like my BBQ sweet instead of hot

Preparation
Note 1: If you prefer to leave the bacon out, add 1-3 teaspoons of liquid smoke, to taste, near the end of the cooking. Alternatively, add some smoky flavor using 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika, or chipotle powder to taste.

Note 2: If you can't find low carb catsup, leave it out, but add about a tablespoon of vinegar and some sweetener, to taste.

1) Fry the bacon in a saucepan - a 2 qt pan works well.

2) Add the onion and cook over medium until soft - 3-5 minutes. Add garlic at this point if you're using fresh and stir it for half a minute or so.

3) Add the rest of the ingredients, plus about half a cup of water. I didn't use the water since I used 20 oz of Pepsi Max instead of 12 oz.Stir well. 4) Simmer for 20-30 minutes. It will cook down a bit and flavors will combine. 5) Adjust the seasonings so you have the balance you want - you can add vinegar, artificial sweetner (liquid preferred), or hot sauce. (If it's too hot, adding more sweetener will tone it down.)

The recipe makes approximately 10 servings of 1/4 cup each. Each serving has about 3.5 grams of carbohydrate plus 1 gram of fiber (4.5 grams total carbohydrate).

FS of 27yrs
BW
DDay 11/2013
Began MB Seminar 7/2014
Filed for D 11/17/2014
PB 12/18/2014
D 07/29/2015
skd #2849357 04/02/15 04:09 PM
I
I
I was going to ask about drinks....Pepsi max is cool?

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

S
skd Offline
S
Originally Posted by indiegirl
I was going to ask about drinks....Pepsi max is cool?

I'm no expert in the no/low carb but it should be okay since it has 0 carbs. I have heard that the carbonated drinks expand your stomach and for some people it makes you hungrier. I mostly drink unsweetened tea especially now that Lipton has them in bottles in the convenience stores, even in the southern US states where they typically only drink sweet tea. I will have a Pepsi Max though a few times a week 0 carbs and 0 calories. As close to the real thing that you can get (right now).

FS of 27yrs
BW
DDay 11/2013
Began MB Seminar 7/2014
Filed for D 11/17/2014
PB 12/18/2014
D 07/29/2015
skd #2849369 04/02/15 06:12 PM
S
skd Offline
S
I also did something different with ML cheese cake. Mostly because the recipe says it should yield 12 servings. I think I got 8 servings out of my first one. So I made it again and since I'm the only one eating it I put it in a muffin pan. The cooking time is less, it's pre-portioned into 12 servings and each one stays more fresh. Not to mention it will be easy to grab and go when I have to return to school next week. 2 weeks for spring break is a teachers dream. Only 8 more weeks of school, hopefully less for me because I find another job.

FS of 27yrs
BW
DDay 11/2013
Began MB Seminar 7/2014
Filed for D 11/17/2014
PB 12/18/2014
D 07/29/2015
skd #2849378 04/02/15 06:50 PM
M
M
Originally Posted by skd
I also did something different with ML cheese cake. Mostly because the recipe says it should yield 12 servings. I think I got 8 servings out of my first one. So I made it again and since I'm the only one eating it I put it in a muffin pan. The cooking time is less, it's pre-portioned into 12 servings and each one stays more fresh. Not to mention it will be easy to grab and go when I have to return to school next week. 2 weeks for spring break is a teachers dream. Only 8 more weeks of school, hopefully less for me because I find another job.

How did you do that with the water bath? I usually only get 8 pieces out of my cheesecakes, btw.

Exposure 101

skd #2849379 04/02/15 06:51 PM
M
M
Originally Posted by skd
For anyone that's interested, I found a yummy Sugar Free Low Carb Barbecue Sauce recipe online items in red are my alterations to the original recipe:

Ingredients
1 can (12 oz) diet (sugar-free) cola - Splenda-sweetened preferred 20 oz bottle of Pepsi Max IMO there is no substitute unless it's the original Pepsi then the 0 carb is blown wink
1/4 cup low carb (sugar-free) catsup, (or see note) I used the vinegar as suggested below and 2 tablespoons of granulated Splenda
3 T mustard I used regular yellow mustard, but next time I'm going to try spicy mustard to see what it tastes like

Preparation
Note 1: If you prefer to leave the bacon out, add 1-3 teaspoons of liquid smoke, to taste, near the end of the cooking. Alternatively, add some smoky flavor using 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika, or chipotle powder to taste.

Note 2: If you can't find low carb catsup, leave it out, but add about a tablespoon of vinegar and some sweetener, to taste.

2) Add the onion and cook over medium until soft - 3-5 minutes. Add garlic at this point if you're using fresh and stir it for half a minute or so.

3) Add the rest of the ingredients, plus about half a cup of water. I didn't use the water since I used 20 oz of Pepsi Max instead of 12 oz.Stir well. 4) Simmer for 20-30 minutes. It will cook down a bit and flavors will combine. 5) Adjust the seasonings so you have the balance you want - you can add vinegar, artificial sweetner (liquid preferred), or hot sauce. (If it's too hot, adding more sweetener will tone it down.)

The recipe makes approximately 10 servings of 1/4 cup each. Each serving has about 3.5 grams of carbohydrate plus 1 gram of fiber (4.5 grams total carbohydrate).

That looks wonderful!! Thanks for posting it!

Exposure 101

S
skd Offline
S
Originally Posted by skd

How did you do that with the water bath? I usually only get 8 pieces out of my cheesecakes, btw.
When I bought the muffin pan that bakes 12 muffins the same brand had a lasagna pan & the muffin pan fits in perfectly. Next time I will only cook it for about 35 minutes at each temperature. This time I did 45 minutes on each & it was just a little too much. Still good some of them browned a little on the top. You also don't have to wrap it in foil.

FS of 27yrs
BW
DDay 11/2013
Began MB Seminar 7/2014
Filed for D 11/17/2014
PB 12/18/2014
D 07/29/2015
S
skd Offline
S
Originally Posted by skd

Ingredients

Preparation

That looks wonderful!! Thanks for posting it!
It was yummy. I smoked a pork roast & basted with it. So much better than any other BBQ sauce I ever had.

FS of 27yrs
BW
DDay 11/2013
Began MB Seminar 7/2014
Filed for D 11/17/2014
PB 12/18/2014
D 07/29/2015
skd #2849387 04/02/15 09:25 PM
M
M
Originally Posted by skd
Originally Posted by skd

When I bought the muffin pan that bakes 12 muffins the same brand had a lasagna pan & the muffin pan fits in perfectly. Next time I will only cook it for about 35 minutes at each temperature. This time I did 45 minutes on each & it was just a little too much. Still good some of them browned a little on the top. You also don't have to wrap it in foil.

That is a great idea! i want to try that too.

Exposure 101

Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 597 guests, and 58 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation