Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
I
I
Originally Posted by AlienGirl

Is it wrong to stay married but each of us be on our own world and we don't interact much?

Is it wrong if I plan to divorce my husband 16 years from now and I am not telling my husband about this plan? or do I have an obligation to tell him.

You are practically begging for an affair which will make one of your child's parents unrecognizably ugly. My marriage was quite independent of each other and I would not settle for that ever again because I know it is a precursor to an affair. We were actually in love and no one planned on a divorce but it happened because unless your marriage gets better and better, it gets worse and worse. Unless you are completely one, trouble will come.

You cant put an emotional state in the freezer and hope it will keep. Theres no way you can keep a (miserable) situation going 15 years - it will implode long before that.

Also why on earth would you want to give your children ringside seats at how not to be in love? A crash course in neglect and indifference. All children deserve a strong mother with standards for romance, never mind anger. Show them how to stick up to an angry spouse and for personal happiness. For a sacred marriage. You might even get a loving lasting marriage out of it. You have nothing to lose.

Last edited by indiegirl; 07/27/15 12:50 PM.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

A
OP Offline
A
Yeah, my last post wasn't wise at all. It kind of stinks thinking of going 16 more years without much interaction between us. I don't want to loathe my husband nor want him to loathe me. Didn't think of that. Not to mention, I didn't think of the affair potential. Being distant, eliminates fights but we loose the union concept, so, yes, not a wise thought.

I'd melt for his kiss, meaning my love bank isn't empty. Yep, I need to sit with my husband for a serious talk, a good one and we need to evaluate us weekly, think of a way of measuring improvements in love bustings elimination, emotional needs and back to 15 hours UA.

Thanks

H
H
Why don't you take coaching with the Harleys if you can afford it?
You need an accountability partner in your marriage and both of you have a lot to lose.

me, DH
all the children
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 225 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Debby Woman, Comfortable Shoe, Sourdine, Abela Laye, Ardent Center
71,847 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation