Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
P
Half an exposure is a weak exposure.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

M
M
Originally Posted by MichLove4
I am finished regardless. I reuse to cause any more damage.

I refuse to tear that bandaid off. It hurts.

Regardless of how much pus is growing under it.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
P
P
I may ask her to compose an email to her close friends tonight. But I'm not going to push it.
In my experience, this will cause MORE resentment for her than if you just expose.

Dr. Harley advises against having the wayward expose herself.

Just rip the bandaid off and be done with it.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

N
N
To be clear, you didnt cause the damage!!!! DO NOT take the blame for telling the truth.

I understand your feeling of being done fighting, but one of the main tennants of exposure is to be broad and deep with exposure and hitting any place that is a soft spot to crush the affair. Particular focus on the the other person spouse and family can be devastating to the affair.

G
G
I may ask her to compose an email to her close friends tonight. But I'm not going to push it.
Exposure is your job, not hers. You don't talk about it, just act.

P
P
You exposing: therapeutic for both of you and recommended by Dr. Harley, who is a therapist.

Making her expose herself: demanding; forcing her to DO something painful and embarrassing; feels punitive (like a father and a child); hard to get over.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

M
OP Offline
M
I'm just loosing faith that its going to do any good. She's a serial cheater. The life I'd have to live with her from now on is to much for me to endure right now. I come from a divorce family, with an alcoholic father.

Marrying her was an escape from that. Our first few years were magical and her family was the best. Its all been downhill from there and I dont want to live the rest of my life looking over my shoulder. I may expose more to her friends later tonight but I'm emotionally drained.

W
W
Hey MichLove4,
Sounds like you might have married Ex-Mrs WalktheWalk, or at least her twin sister. It also sounds like you are making a lot of the same mistakes I did. I didn't expose big enough, I figured that when she came clean about one POSOM, that was it, not that she threw one under the bus because she was grooming another coworker to be her next POSOM.

Please listen to the posters here, don't make the strategic and tactical mistakes I made. I sense that you are well-intentioned, but see you ending up failing if you don't start executing the program.

Make a plan with the help you find here,execute that plan. You will have a far higher chance of success. The path to success is much narrower when dealing with a serial cheater.

N
N
Be prepared for nastiness and anger from her and possibly the in-laws.
You only did partial exposure, so you have given the other parties a chance to rally, re-align stories, spin you as a lunatic, etc.

M
OP Offline
M
Well just fired off my last message to all her close friends and copied her on it. This should be a fun weekend to be around her.

M
OP Offline
M
Not sure if this is the place for this but up until I found out about her multiple affairs I was using my amateur physco-analytical skulls to figure her out. Now that I've exposed her I started to realize that she's always gone after unavailable me

1) She drove 6hrs to visit him
2) Was I think going through a divorce or was separated at the time
3) Co-worker that is leaving in January
4) Some random dude that she met in New Orleans and lives in TN or KY

She has major issues with her Dad. Mom and Dad were "happily married" but come to find out that Mom is unhappy but stuck it out foe the kids and Dad is distant (always working in the barn) and never validated her feelings and wants. Gets upset and angry when he doesn't get his way, even though the rest of the family wants to do something else

This is so her:

Constantly craving and searching for a romantic relationship

When in a relationship, being desperate to please and fearful of the other�s unhappiness

Inability to maintain an intimate relationship once the newness and excitement have worn off

Choosing partners who are emotionally unavailable and/or verbally or physically abusive

Choosing partners who demand a great deal of attention and caretaking but who do not meet, or even try to meet, your emotional or physical needs

Using sex, seduction, and manipulation (guilt/shame) to �hook� or hold on to a partner

Last edited by MichLove4; 11/20/15 07:45 PM.
M
OP Offline
M
Kaaaaaboooooommmmmmm

If exposure was the goal today that was a direct hit! She is absolutely pissed at me. More fallout tomorrow as she doesn't know that I told her parents. Found a txt from her Mom and they'll be talking tommorrow.

N
N
The greater the anger the more devastating the exposure was to the affair and behaviors.

M
OP Offline
M
Work was her hidding place to carry out her second life and that came all crashing down today

G
G
Originally Posted by NebDane
Did you hit all the OM, and the OM wives, OM parents?

You need to send the email to the HR department and her supervisor, the OM supervisor and a company executive.
All her FB friends?
The children?

If you havent exposed to the above, you are not finished.
This. Have you exposed to all of the above? Under 3, children don't really understand. From age 7, you must expose to children. Your daughter is in between. If your 4yo daughter can understand it is wrong for mommy to have a boyfriend, you should tell her.
http://www.marriagebuilders.com/graphic/mbi8112_exposed.html
https://www.marriagebuilders.com/graphic/mbi8112_lesson.html

M
OP Offline
M
Yeah I hit all those. Her second affair was a coworker at the same place as the third. Now that her supervisors are aware of her problem I'm tempted to send a follow up email stating the current affair is not the first and this is an ongoing issue for her. Thoughts?

I'll take a look and gage if my daughter needs to know or can comprehend

M
M
Yeah I hit all those. Her second affair was a coworker at the same place as the third. Now that her supervisors are aware of her problem I'm tempted to send a follow up email stating the current affair is not the first and this is an ongoing issue for her. Thoughts?

Good idea!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
I'll take a look and gage if my daughter needs to know or can comprehend

How old is she?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
OP Offline
M
Turns 4 January 11th.

M
M
Turns 4 January 11th.

I am sure that child is too young to understand, wouldn't you agree? Some 4 year olds can get it, but I think it is stretch for a 3 yr old.

Have you done all of your other exposures? I was skimming through your thread and read that you were hesitant to expose and felt it was damaging. Exposure is the most therapeutic thing you can do for your marriage. I just want to make sure you know this and have done a thorough exposure.

Exposure 101

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 963 guests, and 78 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation