Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
M
Originally Posted by Alwayslookingup
In fact...when I sent all my exposure letters...emails and Facebook private messages this past Sunday....I felt EMPOWERED! Like I didn't have a say in your decision but you can't keep me from blowing the lid off yer little secret. Felt sooooo good! Careful to check your motive before doing it. Hatred...vindictiveness and bitterness are not good reasons to expose. While normal emotions...the point of exposure is to bring what's in the dark...into the light...REALITY! Check out the exposure letter templates and use them as a guide if you decide to go that route!

Bravo to Always for exposing! I wanted to add that the necessity of exposure supercedes any "vindictiveness and bitterness." That can't be used as an excuse not to expose. We don't care if you are bitter, we care that you do the right things for your marriage and exposure is the most important first step towards recovery. Our motivation is to save the marriage.

I would add that bitterness is typically a natural reaction to being so mistreated so I wouldn't be so concerned about that.

nacho, you had inquired about why exposure is necessary after an affair has ended. And there are many reasons. One of the main reasons is that the more people who know, the more people to hold the affairee accountable. Affairs thrive on secrecy, so the more people who know, the less attractive the affair seems. This is why Dr Harley reccommends exposure even in affairs that are discovered years after they have ended.

In your case, it looks like the affair has not been exposed to the OW's family. Doing so will keep her away and ruin any hopes she has of resuming the affair in the future and bringing your husband into her life.

Also, you don't send a letter to the OW so I don't know why that advice was given. The exposure letters go to the family of the OW. You might want to call the OW and speak to her afterwards if you haven't already and tell her to stay the hell away.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

N
nacho Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Melody Lane - Thank you. Your response has been so objective and this is now my next step to deal with, because i found pictures of him and the OW adn the OC on his phone.

does anyone know where I can get a template of the exposure letter for the OW family? I would really appreciate it thanks.

B
B
It's in here Exposure 101

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

B
B
FACEBOOK EXPOSURE INSTRUCTIONS TO OM/OW CONTACTS

Should be done to the OM/OW�s facebook friends via private message. This is a very, very effective exposure because it is a collection of the OP�s closest friends and family.

SPACE THE PM�S OUT 60 SECONDS APART SO FB DOES NOT SHUT YOU DOWN FOR FLOODING. Before you begin, copy and paste all the contacts into a WORD doc. Change your fb picture to a picture of you and your spouse and children.

Dear friend of JoeScumbag:

It grieves me to write this letter but I believe all of his friends should know the kind of person he really is. Joe had an affair with my wife, Sally, from Aug until September. I believe that his friends should know this, so you can protect your marriage from him. My wife and I have 2 small daughters and this affair has almost wrecked our marriage.

I would appreciate it if someone would notify his parents and ask them to call me at xxx-www-xxxx.

Thank you, BH

Dear friend of Skankyhola,

It grieves me to write this letter but I believe all of her friends should be aware that OW is having an affair with my husband, Joe. We have been married for 5 years. They have been having this affair since October according to the evidence.

I would ask that you use your influence with OW to persuade her to leave my husband alone. You should also watch your own husbands around her because she is no friend to marriage.

I would appreciate it if someone would notify her parents and ask them to call me at xxx-www-xxxx.
Thank you, BW

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

A
A
Do it...I still think my letter...which is loosely based...much longer than these templates...had a HUGE impact on both the OW and WH! Don't delay!!!

BW, me - 44
WH - 47
Married 2.5yrs
EA 6-2015 estimate
PA 9-2015 estimate
D-day 11-22-2015
WH filed divorce 11-23-2015
Exposure 1-10-2016
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation