Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 28 of 43 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 42 43
L
L
Originally Posted by LostOnWestCoast
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
The only reason to change the locks is if you think she will come in and take things, not an uncommon practice. Otherwise, it is not a bad idea to have her come in the house. Its not that big of a deal when you are not in Plan B.

Yes, Melody, as usual I think you are right.
I will roll with it for now. No need to antagonize her just yet.

Don't antagonise but don't put yourself at risk either. If you are going to let her come into the house when you are out, put anything you you do not want to lose elsewhere. That means financial documents and files including your son's passport. It means photos and your grandmother's christening cup. Remove that stuff quietly and fill the gaps so that she will not notice. You will never get anything back that she takes.

Personally I would put in a webcam but she will spot that.

You might also think about how you will feel when she helps herself to your supplies. If that might make you angry, you probably want to find a way to avoid that happening too.

3 adult children
Divorced - he was a serial adulterer
Now remarried, thank you MB
(formerly lied_to_again)
M
M
What do you need therapy for? That seems like a distraction at a pivotal time in your life. I would certainly get one for your son. There is nothing wrong with him, but a good child therapist can help him adjust to his new lifestyle.

I'm feeling very depressed and not sleeping well. I sleep in chunks of 2-3 hours every night. I have very angry thoughts about the A constantly. Do you think therapy will help? Or just stick to it for my S for now?

You would probably greatly benefit from seeing a doctor and getting on anti-depressants. Going to therapy talking about the tragedy will make it worse. You are better off taking anti-d's and focusing on creating a happy life.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Another great weapon against depression is exercise. HIIT is an awesome depression killer. I just read a study about it last week. Let me see if I can find it.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
An alternative to anti-d's: here

Exposure 101

M
M
another one here

Exposure 101

L
OP Offline
L
You would probably greatly benefit from seeing a doctor and getting on anti-depressants. Going to therapy talking about the tragedy will make it worse. You are better off taking anti-d's and focusing on creating a happy life.

I did interview a therapist very briefly and described the situation. It made me more depressed... She said it is very common for WW's age of 47 to run away from marriage. She thinks that it will probably take two years for WW to come back to me after she's been out of the marriage, given the history of the case, if at all.

She did offer her services for DS. She said it wouldn't be ethical for her to be the therapist for both DS and me.

I have taken anti-depressants before, trying to treat back pain (the thought was that anxiety and stress was causing it). They didn't really make me feel any better and caused me to gain a lot of weight. But maybe necessary now?

Last edited by LostOnWestCoast; 02/23/16 04:22 PM.

Me-BH, 47
Spouse-WW, 47
Married for 18 years
DS, 11
D-Day #1 - November 1998 (7 months after wedding)
False Recovery, 16 years
D-Day #2 - November 2015
WW filed for D - February 2016
M
M
Get the antidepressants, short term, and communicate with your doctor regularly so dosage can be adjusted (and meds switched if necessary) until it is working.

If weight gain is a problem, don't eat as much while you are on them.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
W
W
Lost,

I could discuss some alternatives that helped me.

I asked mods to send you my email to your email.

L
OP Offline
L
Originally Posted by WrestlerChemist
Lost,

I could discuss some alternatives that helped me.

I asked mods to send you my email to your email.

Thanks, let me talk to my MD first to see what he suggests.

Me-BH, 47
Spouse-WW, 47
Married for 18 years
DS, 11
False Recovery, 16 years
D-Day #2 - November 2015
W
W
Thanks, let me talk to my MD first to see what he suggests.

OK - it was not anything pharmaceutical. I work for a health and wellness company and did not want to advertise on the forums.

L
OP Offline
L
The thing that really annoys me is the constant "plotting" by WW with MIL. They don't know I'm hearing their conversation, I am just sad that MIL is helping her to this extent. Doesn't she realize that she is helping her own daughter destroy her family, and the happiness of three people?
It sounds like her attorney is going to do some type of filing on Monday.
I am so sick of this...

Me-BH, 47
Spouse-WW, 47
Married for 18 years
DS, 11
False Recovery, 16 years
D-Day #2 - November 2015
L
OP Offline
L
She also told MIL that "it's probably going to be Monday," her attorney(?) told her to be available by her phone or text.
Any idea what that means? What is coming down the pike? I don't think they can make any motions without giving my attorney a heads-up first, right? I passed the info to my attorney as well.

Me-BH, 47
Spouse-WW, 47
Married for 18 years
DS, 11
False Recovery, 16 years
D-Day #2 - November 2015
A
A
A motion they think you won't like? Keep your VAR on you at all times now and don't erase anything.

L
OP Offline
L
Originally Posted by apples123
A motion they think you won't like? Keep your VAR on you at all times now and don't erase anything.

Yes, but they will need my attorney as well in front of the judge, child evaluator, or other official right? They can't just make a motion unilaterally, right?

I got my VAR ready.

Spying is so stressful but turned out to be useful tactically.

Me-BH, 47
Spouse-WW, 47
Married for 18 years
DS, 11
False Recovery, 16 years
D-Day #2 - November 2015
T
T
I am curious to see what they are hatching. I also continue to be baffled as to how vendictive and entitled WS's can be. I would never have an affair, but if I did... I could not imagine not wanting to be as fair as possible and as sympothetic as possible to my BS. Dr H says that WW's are usually not sorry and blame their BH's... which is an undetstatement... but it leaves me wondering why they have no empathy for someone they promised to love for better or for worse.

I know this doesn't help you... but at least to understand that this is how it tends to go is helpful. The way I tend to think of it... it's clear my WS wants to hurt me... but, two things... in what ways will I let her hurt me and in what ways is she able to hurt me? All she can take is half... even if she feels entitled to it all.

Question for your attorney... if you can prove the infidelity, does that impact her ability to qualify for alamony?

L
OP Offline
L
Originally Posted by typicalman
I know this doesn't help you... but at least to understand that this is how it tends to go is helpful. The way I tend to think of it... it's clear my WS wants to hurt me... but, two things... in what ways will I let her hurt me and in what ways is she able to hurt me? All she can take is half... even if she feels entitled to it all.

Question for your attorney... if you can prove the infidelity, does that impact her ability to qualify for alamony?

My attorney thinks it's nothing, they were just setting a time to talk together? Anyway, stay tuned. I try not to listen in at night, it kills my sleep as I stay awake being mad about whatever was said. My spying resources have declined since I had to show my hand last time to Expose her still talking to OM to my MIL. (It didn't turn MIL back on my side but according to cousin WW got a tongue lashing from MIL about it).

I still feel it is very unfair that she's entitled to 50% of the assets. I made 95% of the assets we own, worked very hard for the past 20 years, while she worked 4 hours a day at a low-stress job (and complained about it constantly!) She goes to the gym in the morning while I take DS to school (I volunteered to do that a few years ago so she can get her "beauty sleep," trying to be helpful and appease her). She gets off work at 2:30p and usually goes to Nordstrom to shop, and have coffee at Starbucks. (All this from my GPS tracker). She picks up DS from after school program at 4:30p and takes him to his sports training program. I usually meet them there after work and we go out to dinner cuz she didn't like to cook that much. She has Fridays off and does her nails and hair. Man, I wish I could have that life!

Like I mentioned before, my state is a Liberal, no-fault divorce state. Infidelity has no bearing on anything, I checked and triple checked. Horrible.

Me-BH, 47
Spouse-WW, 47
Married for 18 years
DS, 11
False Recovery, 16 years
D-Day #2 - November 2015
M
M
Lost, why do you think she hasn't moved out yet?

Exposure 101

L
OP Offline
L
Lost, why do you think she hasn't moved out yet?

I'm trying to figure it out myself...
Part of it is there's a lot involved, setting up gas, electricity, internet, etc. Also she only has the $5K I gave her and she wants to buy furniture and appliances.
She's always been a procrastinator too, she claims she's busy even though she only works four hours a day.
Maybe I'll find out tonight.

Me-BH, 47
Spouse-WW, 47
Married for 18 years
DS, 11
False Recovery, 16 years
D-Day #2 - November 2015
N
N
Be wary of that out of the blue RO/PO it happens all the time, dirty tricks and lies.
Waywards are nasty and evil in the FOG, and wayward wives are the worst, (sorry ladies).

VAR at the ready always.

T
T
Originally Posted by typicalman

My attorney thinks it's nothing, they were just setting a time to talk together? Anyway, stay tuned. I try not to listen in at night, it kills my sleep as I stay awake being mad about whatever was said. My spying resources have declined since I had to show my hand last time to Expose her still talking to OM to my MIL. (It didn't turn MIL back on my side but according to cousin WW got a tongue lashing from MIL about it).

I still feel it is very unfair that she's entitled to 50% of the assets. I made 95% of the assets we own, worked very hard for the past 20 years, while she worked 4 hours a day at a low-stress job (and complained about it constantly!) She goes to the gym in the morning while I take DS to school (I volunteered to do that a few years ago so she can get her "beauty sleep," trying to be helpful and appease her). She gets off work at 2:30p and usually goes to Nordstrom to shop, and have coffee at Starbucks. (All this from my GPS tracker). She picks up DS from after school program at 4:30p and takes him to his sports training program. I usually meet them there after work and we go out to dinner cuz she didn't like to cook that much. She has Fridays off and does her nails and hair. Man, I wish I could have that life!

Like I mentioned before, my state is a Liberal, no-fault divorce state. Infidelity has no bearing on anything, I checked and triple checked. Horrible.

Laws are very anti-marriage in most states unfortunately. No, it's not fair... but, the lesson I learned in all this is that sacraficial love backfires and we need to strive for 50/50 in our marriages. Dr Harley wrote an article about dependency and control... the dependant spouse of gets to feeling very resentful of the providing spouse in this article despite the good intentions.

The way I think about the whole process... there are things you can control and things you can't. Salvage everything you can and then pick up the pieces. Remember that the real judgement is not here on Earth.

Page 28 of 43 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 42 43

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 380 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation