Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
G
G
Appreciate the folks on this site have been witnessing the betrayal drama in all its forms. It starts to become pretty consistent and predictable. It's a stage drama.
It's common for the betrayed to have been blind as you displayed when you first posted. Your husband relied upon your blindness to keep up his affair. He also used other tactics to distract.

Then you came here and you started to wake up and see. You began the exposure in order to open up the eyes of others surrounding and to help yourself get support while the lights were shining in your husband direction.

You only got partially through the exposure. Your husband realized what you are doing and is now heaping on you the moral responsibility for the OW children's welfare.

Know his trajectory has not changed. Don't become blind all over again. He has not entered into a recovery plan with you. You have made a deal with a devil to stay MUM at a weak moment.

Finish the entire exposure without his approval. Then send along a letter mapping out a recovery plan.

BW 58
WH 61
married 35 years
2 adult children
2 grandchildren

"Love anything and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one...It will not be broken, it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable...The only place outside of Heaven where you can be perfectly safe from dangers and perturbations of love is Hell" c.s. lewis
S
OP Offline
S
It's hard for them to stop talking at all. They work together. I've told my H that he needs to start looking for a new job and also not be in any of the projects she's leading. What's more hard is that here in Sweden we can't just quit, our period of notice is 3 months -_-

And this is why I should have talked to the OWH about it.

How do we handle the period of notice? He can't transfer to another office, this is the only one, and he's one of the best at his office, so they wont let him go earlier. He refuse to speak to his boss since he's a bit of a jerk.

This is still an issue even if I tell the OWH.

Also, I want to explain why I need to stand by my promise. This weekend we have been totally honest which is one of the reasons why we are here, and I confessed to have kissed another man 1 year into our relationship. It was "just" a kiss and I felt terrible afterwards but I never had the guts to tell him about it (haven't seen that man since then). I just made sure it never happened again, which it never did, with anyone. We are trying to move forward, him with knowing about that kiss, and me knowing about that affair.

M
M
Originally Posted by starfish83
It's hard for them to stop talking at all. They work together. I've told my H that he needs to start looking for a new job and also not be in any of the projects she's leading. What's more hard is that here in Sweden we can't just quit, our period of notice is 3 months -_-

And this is why I should have talked to the OWH about it.

How do we handle the period of notice? He can't transfer to another office, this is the only one, and he's one of the best at his office, so they wont let him go earlier. He refuse to speak to his boss since he's a bit of a jerk.

This is still an issue even if I tell the OWH.

What you can do - after you have exposed to OWH and all her family and friends - is visit his employer and tell them about the affair. Your H can put in his notice immediately. The employer may let him go sooner because of his unprofessional workplace conduct.

Also, I want to explain why I need to stand by my promise. This weekend we have been totally honest which is one of the reasons why we are here, and I confessed to have kissed another man 1 year into our relationship. It was "just" a kiss and I felt terrible afterwards but I never had the guts to tell him about it (haven't seen that man since then). I just made sure it never happened again, which it never did, with anyone. We are trying to move forward, him with knowing about that kiss, and me knowing about that affair.

Like I said, that is a foolish "promise" that should not be kept. You need to get to work and finish exposing this affair. Don't be an enabler.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
You have a longshot chance to save this marriage and that chance is entirely dependent upon busting up this affair. Your ONLY chance at doing that is exposing the affair and doing it QUICKLY. You have a small window of opportunity to make that move before the affairees start spreading stories about you. When that happens, your opportunity is gone because people won't believe you.

This whole thread has been very frustrating because it is obvious you have very little discernment when it comes to your own situation. We have tried to tell you since day 1 what was really happening and you didn't believe us. For your own sake, please put aside your own failed ideas and start listening.

Making a "promise" to help your husband cover up his affair is like driving the alcoholic to the bar. Why in the world would you enable the affair? Whose side are you on?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

G
G
This is your first rodeo.

This forum has helped so many to ride their rodeo, please follow the advice. You don't know the bull. Melody does. She knows the next moves he will make and what you should do NOW in order to have a chance.

B
B
Unless you expose to OWH and their employer then this is what you're heading for.

False Recovery-Need Voices of experience

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 777 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation