Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16
M
M
Originally Posted by newtopia
ok my truth, If I go into plan B, It will be all out war. I KNOW this. I'm scared.

I feel there is quite the chance he'll be gone forever if I do Plan B, but I need to tell myself 1000000 times that what is the point if he stays and won't commit? This WILL happen again, I know it. and I guess the pain of divorce and all of that will more than likely be less than waiting another 10 years for this to happen again. (and living another 10 years totally unhappy)

Its like I'm choosing between divorce or staying with someone who won't commit. Maybe I've never felt like I deserve anything better.

How often do men commit after plan B?

If you do the Marriage Builders plan (which for you means Plan B), either he will follow you and you will end up happy and healthy, or else he will not follow you and you will end up happy and healthy without him.

If you do not do the Marriage Builders plan, he will never follow you; both of you will stay in bad marriage culture and be miserable and sick for the rest of your life.

As it is now, you are not doing the program, so do not expect good things to happen, okay? Don't fool yourself that this is going to come out all right without doing the program. Dr. Harley recommends what he does because after 50 years of this he knows what works and what doesn't.

Last edited by markos; 03/31/16 08:31 AM.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
M
So really we need a "solid plan". He had just told me this morning that he is coming up with his part of the plan.

No, how can you make a plan with him? He is nuts. If you could make plans with him you wouldn't be in this mess.

You can't plan with a husband who doesn't do the program.

I don't believe I really did plan A right at all.

The biggest mistake I see you making is that in Plan A you are supposed to start Plan B preparations IMMEDIATELY.

Did you read my post yesterday where I showed Dr. Harley says this? YES or NO, please. Stop ignoring my questions. Read my posts and answer my questions so we can help you, please.

I'm considering getting a coach.

Even if you had Dr. Harley himself for your coach, wouldn't he tell you exactly what we are telling you??????

Staying with a husband who won't do the program will make you miserable and sick. A coach is not magic potion that makes it possible to stay longer with a man who won't do the program.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
M
When I read and read about plan B, everything I can find talks about that it should be done when the WS will not stop contact. (which he had on his own at the time I found out)

Nope, nope, nope.

You are a liar or you are ignoring me, because YESTERDAY I posted to you where Dr. Harley says a woman should go into Plan B if she can't get her husband to do the program.

Seriously, MelodyLane has been on this website for what, 20 years? Don't you think she knows Dr. Harley's program? Do you think we are just lying to you when we tell you that Dr. Harley recommends a wife go into Plan B when her husband won't do the program? Do we have to go waste his time and ask him to come here personally to say that to you when it's already in the article that I linked yesterday that you were too busy to read?

You need to take the cotton out of your ears and put it in your mouth and start listening, ma'am. All of your talk of therapy and coaching and telling us why you don't want to do the program is guiding you to misery and destruction.

If you don't do this program, your life is only going to get worse and worse and worse. I can promise you that. So please quit arguing and start doing Marriage Builders.

M
M
How often do men commit after plan B?

I didn't do Marriage Builders until my wife insisted I couldn't live with her any more if I continued to love bust. She got ready to change the locks (without telling me), and told me to leave. If I hadn't left, she would have changed the locks and had her dad bring me my stuff.

That was after I pissed around here on this website for two years.

100% of men do NOT commit if you tolerate them not doing the program. You have to show zero tolerance (by following the program) or else it gets worse, and worse, and worse. For the rest of your life. Which will probably be shorter than average.

Are you reading my posts, or talking?

M
M
Plan B is the only thing that might get him to change.

M
M
ok my truth, If I go into plan B, It will be all out war. I KNOW this. I'm scared.

It is all out war now. We see this, and we want you to get out of it.

Maybe I've never felt like I deserve anything better.

Who cares? Quit yammering on about irrelevant stuff like this. Even if you don't feel like you deserve anything better, you can still go into Plan B.

You don't have to wait till you feel better to do the plan. You will only feel better AFTER you do the plan. Feelings follow actions, which is why people who sit in the road navel gazing about their feelings get mowed down by a truck.

N
OP Offline
N
It is going to take at least the next 5 days to plan. How do I act towards him in the meantime? He is being nice, hugging me before work and just sent me a nice text.

Of course his bowling league is tonight. I don't even know what to say about that. Do I tell him how much it hurts me that he is going?

N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by markos

It is all out war now. We see this, and we want you to get out of it.

Maybe I've never felt like I deserve anything better.

Who cares? Quit yammering on about irrelevant stuff like this. Even if you don't feel like you deserve anything better, you can still go into Plan B.

You don't have to wait till you feel better to do the plan. You will only feel better AFTER you do the plan. Feelings follow actions, which is why people who sit in the road navel gazing about their feelings get mowed down by a truck.

Thanks Markos. I do appreciate the help.

M
M
It is going to take at least the next 5 days to plan. How do I act towards him in the meantime?

It doesn't much matter. Just get your plan made. If he tries to fight with you, don't engage.

P
P
It is going to take at least the next 5 days to plan.
What is it that you have to do during this time?

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by Prisca

I am working today and tomorrow. I have only read minimum things about it. I don't even know who to choose as an IM, there aren't really any options. Write out my plan. I can't screw it up and have to make sure I'm doing it by the book.

M
M

I am working today and tomorrow. I have only read minimum things about it. I don't even know who to choose as an IM, there aren't really any options. Write out my plan. I can't screw it up and have to make sure I'm doing it by the book.

Tell him that this will not work unless he commits 100% to this program. That means agreeing to all the elements of the extraordinary precautions checklist, all elements of the MB program, which means eliminating his independent behavior and creating an integrated lifestyle with you. He would need to commit to the policy of joint agreement which means never do anything without the enthusiastic [versus doing his own thing or reluctant agreements] agreement of your spouse. You should spend all of your leisure time together out on dates.

It also means eliminating opposite sex friendships. If he won't agree to all this, then you should ask him to move out. I predict he will accuse you of trying to "control" him. That tactic has worked for him in the past. When he says that, just tell him that you don't have the power to control him, but you can control what you endure and his lifestyle has led to affairs. Tell him you can't live like that anymore.

All of these steps are designed to protect you from another affair and create a romantic marriage. If he won't do this, then your future will be more of the same.

**you don't need to find an IM or go into Plan B until he is moved out!!** Get him out first.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

Tell him that this will not work unless he commits 100% to this program. That means agreeing to all the elements of the extraordinary precautions checklist, all elements of the MB program, which means eliminating his independent behavior and creating an integrated lifestyle with you. He would need to commit to the policy of joint agreement which means never do anything without the enthusiastic [versus doing his own thing or reluctant agreements] agreement of your spouse. You should spend all of your leisure time together out on dates.

It also means eliminating opposite sex friendships. If he won't agree to all this, then you should ask him to move out. I predict he will accuse you of trying to "control" him. That tactic has worked for him in the past. When he says that, just tell him that you don't have the power to control him, but you can control what you endure and his lifestyle has led to affairs. Tell him you can't live like that anymore.

All of these steps are designed to protect you from another affair and create a romantic marriage. If he won't do this, then your future will be more of the same.

**you don't need to find an IM or go into Plan B until he is moved out!!** Get him out first.

Thank you. This helps a lot.

M
M
And I want emphasize this: you have not been "controlling" your husband; he has been controlling YOU. He accuses you of controlling him when you ask him to stop his marriage wrecking behavior. That is a TACTIC used by spouses who commit independent behavior.

It is like the abused wife asking her husband to stop beating her. He accuses her of trying to "control" him as a means to shut her up.

It is not controlling to ask your spouse to STOP doing things that make you unhappy. It IS controlling to FORCE your spouse to endure his thoughtless behavior. So...he has been controlling YOU.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
S

So when are you going to have this conversation with him?

Mind you, this is the conversation that you already should have had when you two decided to work on recovery and you repeatedly told us he agreed to "everything".

Not sure what happened there but write down what MelodyLane posted to you and stick to the plan - don't deviate as I am assuming you did last time.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
S
S
And I want emphasize this: you have not been "controlling" your husband; he has been controlling YOU. He accuses you of controlling him when you ask him to stop his marriage wrecking behavior. That is a TACTIC used by spouses who commit independent behavior.

It is like the abused wife asking her husband to stop beating her. He accuses her of trying to "control" him as a means to shut her up.

It is not controlling to ask your spouse to STOP doing things that make you unhappy. It IS controlling to FORCE your spouse to endure his thoughtless behavior. So...he has been controlling YOU.

Right. And if he agrees to recovery and then turns around and goes drinking and bowling with friends, you don't browbeat him, engage him in a fight while you try to "convince" him to do MB.

You start packing his things.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by SusieQ

Right. And if he agrees to recovery and then turns around and goes drinking and bowling with friends, you don't browbeat him, engage him in a fight while you try to "convince" him to do MB.

You start packing his things.

OK. Thank you.

I went back through to see if I had any old emails from the last time, and I see where things when wrong. Same old, same old. Passive-aggressive, turning the table and blaming things on me. At one point after I found out, I was still checking up on him and he was mad that he had to hurt the OW and for what when I wasn't going to trust him afterwards.

I'm so done here. I refuse to make the same mistakes again this time and spend another minute living like this.

N
OP Offline
N
If I talk to him today and he is still not on board, then I ask him to move out right then and there?

or do I wait and hurry up and do the planning for plan B.

I feel like so many more bad things can and will happen if I'm not prepared and ready for when/if he leaves.

M
M
If I talk to him today and he is still not on board, then I ask him to move out right then and there?

YES.

or do I wait and hurry up and do the planning for plan B.

Get him moved out FIRST and then you can plan for Plan B. You can't go into Plan B until he is gone.

Exposure 101

M
M
I feel like so many more bad things can and will happen if I'm not prepared and ready for when/if he leaves.

newtopia, MelodyLane and the other posters here will help you cope with everything that will happen when he leaves. Now get busy and get that guy out of there.

Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 597 guests, and 58 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation