Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
D
Administrator
Administrator
D
corky, if you are not going to follow this program as prescribed, we will be locking this thread. This has become a distraction on our forum. The posters are glad to help you recover your marriage but that cannot happen unless you follow the first steps of recovery after an affair, which is no contact.

Thank you,
Denali
MBAdministrator

MBDenali@gmail.com
M
M
Originally Posted by corky63
I want my wife to follow the entire program of recovering from an affair. She accused me of an affair 14 years ago and still brings it up. We have not worked to improve the marriage. If we were to divorce now there would be little lost. She is not meeting my emotional needs.

From Surving an Affair

My advice to her husband was to avoid mentioning the affair again. When you keep bringing up your spouse�s past mistakes, not only do you make your conversation incredibly unpleasant, but it cannot possibly lead to a resolution of a conflict that you may be discussing.

This is for affair RECOVERY and you are taking this out of context. You are still in touch with this OW. You are not in recovery. Dr Harley would tell her to keep this on the front burner until the problem is solved.

You want to gaslight her into shutting up apparently.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
We have not worked to improve the marriage. If we were to divorce now there would be little lost. She is not meeting my emotional needs.

Nor should she "meet your emotional needs" until you have left the job and ended all contact with the OW.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
S

My advice
This is for affair RECOVERY and you are taking this out of context. You are still in touch with this OW. You are not in recovery. Dr Harley would tell her to keep this on the front burner until the problem is solved.

Well you can see he is always shifting the focus to another topic. Therefore all the past marital counseling sessions have wasted time and money.

The same topic he brought up two weeks ago;here we go over again.

Last edited by Shere; 11/05/16 01:06 AM.
S
S
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
We have not worked to improve the marriage. If we were to divorce now there would be little lost. She is not meeting my emotional needs.

Nor should she "meet your emotional needs" until you have left the job and ended all contact with the OW.

Corky is right that his major emotional needs is seeing the OW's current income and retirement money. I have no value to him prior to accepting my new full-time a few hours ago. I actually gave him many hints that a divorce would be coming his way this last two weeks. He sure knows how to cover his needs by contacting the OW via his personal emails to which I have the access. I haven't taken actions right away since monetary support has to be mature. You know he controls our finances in that our MINT app displays all checking and credit card accounts in almost real time.

M
M
Originally Posted by Shere

Corky is right that his major emotional needs is seeing the OW's current income and retirement money. I have no value to him prior to accepting my new full-time a few hours ago. I actually gave him many hints that a divorce would be coming his way this last two weeks. He sure knows how to cover his needs by contacting the OW via his personal emails to which I have the access. I haven't taken actions right away since monetary support has to be mature. You know he controls our finances in that our MINT app displays all checking and credit card accounts in almost real time.

Shere, you need to see a lawyer ASAP and NOT wait for finances. A lawyer can take your case on contingency and make him share the finances and make him pay if necessary.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
M
My advice

Well you can see he is always shifting the focus to another topic. Therefore all the past marital counseling sessions have wasted time and money.

The same topic he brought up two weeks ago;here we go over again.

Shere, this kind of back and forth will drive you crazy which is why you need to separate from him immediately. Do you have some place you can go?

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
M
[
Corky is right that his major emotional needs is seeing the OW's current income and retirement money. I have no value to him prior to accepting my new full-time a few hours ago.

You should not meet his needs. You should SEPARATE FROM HIM!

Exposure 101

S
S
[quote=Shere][
Corky is right that his major emotional needs is seeing the OW's current income and retirement money.

Are you talking about Legal Separation or just physically move to an apartment? I know Corky's ex-wife moved away one day during his work hour and then he filed for divorce.

M
M
[quote=Shere][
Corky is right that his major emotional needs is seeing the OW's current income and retirement money.

Are you talking about Legal Separation or just physically move to an apartment? I know Corky's ex-wife moved away one day during his work hour and then he filed for divorce.

You should separate from him physically and then file for divorce so you have legal protection from him. He has no interest in protecting you from his destructive behavior and does not care if his marriage is recovered. He only cares about shutting you up.

Exposure 101

S
S
Markos:

1. Driving me crazy?
Yes, the more I talk with Corky, the more he knows what would hinder me from divorce him, such as whatever people think about me a divorced-woman. He than used all sorts of his co-workers and management's comments about me to isolate and/or to upset me.

Of cause he is sweet to me by doing all sorts of cooking, shopping, communicating his whereabouts, looking into phone options and headset for my new job. He knows that I have relied on him for many things in the past ten years and have became hard to live alone. Now that he is counting on my income to pay off his credit card money. I sure will have my new earnings put into a separate account where he can't touch. Last night he was asking for "direct deposit" to the company staff.

2. Do I have a place to go?
No, I live a very isolated life in terms of family members and supporting friends near by me. Plus at my age, it is very hard to ask a temp place to stay in so call "friend's" house. So far I stayed in a monastery, a cheap motel and an expensive hotel for three nights in the last two months.

M
M
Shere, what is your response to the recommendation to separate?

It sounds like your husband wants to keep you around so you will support him but doesn't want to do anything to recover your marriage and make you safe from his affair.

Exposure 101

S
S
MelodyLand and all,

With this new job, I need a stable environment for the next two months.

Just wondering if we can cut Corky some slack by not forcing him to look for a new job as he and I know his hangups for interview very well? However, he will have to do "just compensation" including the LONG LIST items one by one completely and throughly.

With his aspire stubbornness and OCD tendency, forcing him won't work. His unreasonable and irrational flight back last night demonstrated well for you all.

Last edited by Shere; 11/05/16 01:44 PM.
S
S
Just wondering if we can cut Corky some slack by not forcing him to look for a new job as he and I know his hangups for interview very well? However, he will have to do "just compensation" including the LONG LIST items one by one completely and throughly.

There is no repairing anything in this marriage until he leaves the job AND makes a commitment to never see or talk to the OW ever again.

Period.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
S
S
Originally Posted by SusieQ

There is no repairing anything in this marriage until he leaves the job AND makes a commitment to never see or talk to the OW ever again.

Period.

Did you and MelodyLand saw his posting last night re management's guideline for him and the OW? MelodyLand please let me know what ways they two can hook up at workplace given the clear guideline? I know he is very selfish, as most of aspires are, treating himself first, that OW second and me the last, at least since he and that OW reconnected on 12/19/2014 if not since that OW called the police on me in 2003. Please let me know how I can STOP him by taking advantage of me as a wife who will be at home for him, never leave him or have an affair. Sometimes I am so sick of him, believing the only way out of the trap he created for me is to leave him for good! Believe me, I have talked with at least four lawyers over the phone and face to face.

Here it is again:
My job is more important than OW and wife.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Quote:
It is Managements expectation that in the future, you will:

� Refrain from engaging in conversations regarding your own or OW's
personal life/circumstances with OW or any other co-worker during
office hours.
� Avoid being in the same room, hallway, elevator, conference room or any
other area in the building as OW at any time unless directed by
management.
� You are not to access the second floor without prior approval from your
supervisor.
� You shall not allow OW to use your assigned parking spot at any
time.
� You shall not give/receive lunch or any other gifts or items to/from OW at any time during work hours.
� Your spouse, **edit**, is not to enter the **edit**
building for any reason at any time without prior authorization from
management.
� For any work group meetings or organization-wide events, you shall
refrain from interacting with OW.
� In the event that you must have a professional interaction with OW,
you must get prior approval by your supervisor or me. During the
interaction, your supervisor and I must be present.

Failure to adhere to these conditions may result in further discipline, up to and including
termination.
++++++++++++++++++++++

G
G
With his aspire stubbornness and OCD tendency, forcing him won't work.
You can write your question to the radio show and Dr. Harley might answer it. I have heard him adress this problem in previous radio shows

C
corky63 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
For those who insist that quitting my job is necessary, I will take your advice. On the condition you compensate for lost earnings until I get another job. That will be $7035 per month.

Last edited by corky63; 11/05/16 02:43 PM.
D
Administrator
Administrator
D
This thread has become a needless distraction to our forum since you are not willing to use the program. When you are prepared to follow the program, let me know and I will unlock this thread.

MBDenali@gmail.com
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 224 guests, and 70 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Dr. Kabona, zoneofpleasure, priyu04, margoqwerty66, Torres1986
71,882 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Children
by BrainHurts - 10/19/24 04:02 PM
20 appointments and $1000’s later…
by BrainHurts - 10/17/24 01:06 PM
Can I become attracted to anyone?
by phinnino1 - 10/11/24 08:57 AM
MBRadio show discussing electric fence pers.
by phinnino1 - 10/11/24 08:55 AM
Lack of sex - anyway to fix it?
by phinnino1 - 10/11/24 08:51 AM
Radio Program Still Active?
by phinnino1 - 10/11/24 08:50 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,613
Posts2,323,450
Members71,883
Most Online3,185
Jan 27th, 2020
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2024, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation