Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
H
OP Offline
H
bump

O
O
How did I miss this one? Is this the opposite recipe for the stepford wife? Imagine, being stripped down and having our secrets for manipulating men broken down to a scientific emotional level (is that even possible). Must have been a man that did this and he must have a lot of time on his hands. Let's give him a 'honeydo' list. <P>Too funny!!!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>L. <P>

H
OP Offline
H
Not THE dreaded honeydo list!!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR>Semper,<P>Husband2You<BR>*****<BR>Don't make me promises <BR>Baby you never did know how to keep them well <BR>I've had the rest of you <BR>Now I want the best of you <BR>It's time for show and tell<P>'All or Nothing' O-Town

S
S
Any day on the green side of the dirt is a good day. (Me)<P>Godspeed,<BR>STL

S
SEM Offline
S
[Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Boom chica chica Boom, chica chica Boom.<BR>Up

H
OP Offline
H
Keep adding your favorites.. even if it isn't.. it'll inspire someone..<P>------------------<BR>Semper,<P>Husband2You<BR>*****<BR>Don't make me promises <BR>Baby you never did know how to keep them well <BR>I've had the rest of you <BR>Now I want the best of you <BR>It's time for show and tell<P>'All or Nothing' O-Town<p>[This message has been edited by Husband2you (edited August 06, 2001).]

G
gdc Offline
G
"Praise is peer-given so be humble<BR>Talent is God-given so be thankful<BR>Conceit is self-given so be careful"<BR>

F
F
"The value of ones self does not depend on what people do to us-but rather<BR>on how we react to what people do to us." (from "Self Love" by Robert H. Schuller )

S
SEM Offline
S
Everybody Can Be Great...<P>"Everybody can be great...anybody can serve. You don't have to have a collage degree to serve. You don't have to make your subject and verb agree to serve. You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love.<BR> Martin Luther King Jr.

F
F
Don't pray for a lighter load, pray for a stronger back. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

H
OP Offline
H
bump

V
V
I love this thread.<P>"Life is no straight and easy corridor along<BR>which we travel free and unhampered,<BR>but a maze of passages,<BR>through which we must seek our way,<BR>lost and confused, now and again<BR>checked in a blind alley.<P>But always, if we have faith, <BR>a door will open for us,<BR>not perhaps one that we ourselves <BR>would ever have thought of,<BR>but one that will ultimately<BR>prove good for us."<P>A. J. Cronin<P>Prefaced in the book "Who Moved my Cheese?"<P>Also prefaced: "The best laid schemes o' mice and men often go astray. Robert Burns<P>If you've read the book...what character are/were you. I used to be Scurry....now I want to be Haw.

F
F
C.A.N.I.???<P><B>C</B>onstant <B>A</B>nd <B>N</B>ever-ending <B>I</B>mprovement.

S
SEM Offline
S
James 3,<BR> <BR>Dear Brother's, Don't be too eager to tell others their faults, for we all make many mistakes; and when we teachers of religon, who should know better, do wrong, our punishment will be greater than it would be for others.<P>I love the bible cause it has so many helpful words of encouragement. Sherry

F
F
God, grant me the <B>patience</B> to accept the things I cannot change, the <B>strength</B> to change the things I can, and the <B>wisdom</B> to know the difference.

H
OP Offline
H
Thanks Faith.. I really needed to be reminded of that today.<P>------------------<BR>Semper,<P>Husband2You<BR>*****<BR>Don't make me promises <BR>Baby you never did know how to keep them well <BR>I've had the rest of you <BR>Now I want the best of you <BR>It's time for show and tell<P>'All or Nothing' O-Town

F
F
Ever notice when you eat a certain fast food place (with a big golden letter out front), you don't feel full, you just feel different???<P>Bump! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

F
F
CHANGE/CHOICE <BR>===================================================<BR>"Every life form seems to strive to its maximum except <BR>human beings. How tall will a tree grow? As tall as it <BR>possibly can. Human beings, on the other hand, have been <BR>given the dignity of choice. You can choose to be all or <BR>you can choose to be less. Why not stretch up to the full <BR>measure of the challenge and see what all you can do?" -- <BR>Jim Rohn <P>"For many people, change is more threatening than <BR>challenging. They see it as the destroyer of what is <BR>familiar and comfortable rather than the creator of what is <BR>new and exciting." -- Nido Qubein<P>"Something must die in order to grow - your old habits, <BR>your old self image, your old thinking, your old life - <BR>must be weeded out for the seeds of success to grow." -- <BR>Doug Firebaugh

A
A
bump..

H
OP Offline
H
Got this in an email.. I thought it was cute and has some maybe a little merit [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>The Secrets of a Woman’s Language<BR> (The Key Words and Their Meanings)<P>1. FINE<BR>This is the word a woman uses at the end of any argument that she feels she is right about but needs to shut you up. NEVER use “fine” to describe how a woman looks. This will cause you to have one of those arguments.<P>2. FIVE MINUTES<BR>This is equivalent to one half an hour. It is also equivalent to the five minutes that your football/hockey or whatever game is going to last before you take out the trash, so she feels that it's an even trade.<P>3. NOTHING<BR>This means something and you should be on your toes. "Nothing" is usually used to describe the feeling a woman has of wanting to turn you inside out, upside down, and backwards. "Nothing" usually signifies an argument that will last "Five Minutes" and end with the word "Fine".<P>4. GO AHEAD (c/w Raised Eyebrows)<BR>This is a dare. This one that will result in a woman getting upset over "Nothing" and eventually cause an argument that will last "Five Minutes" and end with the word "Fine".<P>5. GO AHEAD (w/out raised eyebrows)<BR>This means, "I give up” or, “Do what you want because I don't care." You will, however, get a Raised Eyebrow "Go Ahead" in just a few minutes, followed by "Nothing", and a "Five Minute" argument ending with "Fine".<P>6. LOUD SIGH<BR>This is not actually a word, of course, but often is a verbal cue misunderstood by men. The "Loud Sigh" means she thinks you're an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing there having a "Five Minute" argument with you over "Nothing".<P>7. SOFT SIGH<BR>This is one of the few sounds that some men actually understand. This means that she is content. Your best bet is not to move or breathe. Just stay clear.<P>8. OH<BR>This word followed by any statement is trouble. E.G. - "Oh, let me get that", which actually means that you are obviously incapable and incompetent and cannot possibly complete the task to her particular standard. Or, "Oh, I already talked to the cable guy", which means that she has inadvertently blown the cover on your secret extra outlets and black box. Worse yet is, "Oh, I talked to him about what you did last night.”<P>------------------<BR>Semper,<P>Husband2You<BR>*****<BR>Don't make me promises <BR>Baby you never did know how to keep them well <BR>I've had the rest of you <BR>Now I want the best of you <BR>It's time for show and tell<P>'All or Nothing' O-Town

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 107 guests, and 154 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ardent Center, Lost@1969, Jmoor9090, Confused1980, Bibbyryan860
71,843 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation