Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#29301 11/12/99 12:07 PM
N
N
Well... my H and I married six weeks after a blind date, we'd never lived alone, he was 20 and I had just turned 21, we both still lived at home with mommy and daddy. I'd had experience, he hadn't. We've never been alone, never apart, even when he moved out for awhile earlier this year he spent more time with me than away. I'd say we've never spent more than 2 nights in a row away from each other, and that was this year. Never before!!<P>------------------<BR>~Sheryl<P>Marriage: the most important contract you'll ever enter into, and the most sacred.<P><BR>

#29302 11/14/99 01:29 AM
W
W
Connor,<BR> I'm alittle unsure how to talk this way. I just posted A responce to your post for me. I need the dialog right now and am a little impacient. Sorry Please bear with me. <BR> Thanks, <BR><P>------------------<BR>BB

#29303 11/14/99 01:52 AM
Y
Y
I am 42 and H just turned 33 about 5 days before discovery. He isn't old enough to be going through mid-life crisis. But he damn sure is putting me there.<P>We knew each other for about a week before we knew it was for us, but didn't get married for another year. Our anniversary was Oct. 13 of this year. He was with her. That sucks big time.<P>We have been through a lot in the past 6 years. Daughter born with cleft lip and palate, has had 3 surgeries, H injured his back, had to have surgery (4th one), car accidents, job changes, moved to Las Vegas from Tucson (big mistake!!!! moved to Sin City and look what happened.) But with all of these things going on, I still don't think that any are excuses for him to pull this crap.<P>I am not sure about this mid-life crisis thing... or the 7 year itch thing.... but I do know that this affair crap is miserable.<P>God Bless you and yours,<P>Sheryl W.

#29304 11/15/99 09:06 PM
C
Connor Offline OP
OP Offline
C
mitme, so sorry for that, I don't understand the mindset and I was even there once.<P>I guess the immature "mature" person becomes involved with this type of situation to recapture lost youth, but there are so many other constructive ways to feel young!

#29305 11/15/99 09:33 PM
N
N
I met my H right after I graduated from college - but he had been out of college for several years, had already been married briefly. He was 30 before we married. I don't think he missed out on his youth.<P>Everyone gave him a hard time about midlife crisis when he gave up his career about 6 years ago to go into business for himself. But apparently he gets 2 midlife crises - when is it my turn?

#29306 11/15/99 09:50 PM
C
Connor Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Nellie, I think you're time is due right about now. Maybe not the mid-life crises, but a good vacation? You sure deserve it..<P>I was 22 when married, H was 24, and I had never lived on my own. Lived a very sheltered life with my parents who never allowed me to attend a rock concert until I was 17 :-) I think they even had a babysitter when I was 12, sheesh was that embarrassing. Not that there are excuses for these ridiculous mid life crises's, just some background. It's interestng what Dazed brought up. <P>[This message has been edited by Connor (edited November 15, 1999).]<p>[This message has been edited by Connor (edited November 15, 1999).]

#29307 11/16/99 01:18 AM
S
SDS Offline
S
FIrst Mitme,I want to say that midlife crisis can hit any time after 30. So he could be in it. I was 21 when we got married still in college. He was almost 23. We both went from hhome to college to marriage. His sister asked me if I thought part of the problem was that he had never really dated till we met. I don't know I guess he felt like he missed something. I know when I was having problem I felt like I missed something in getting married, but I decided that I wouldn't have missed my two kids for anything, and since they are part of him i wouldn't have really done anything different.<BR>Nellie you don't want to have a midlife crisis. Even if you don't go off the deep end like our Hs, they still s***k. I was very depressed. I guess I was still in mine when he started his and I wasn't far enough out of it to help him. Ofcourse I never ever thought he would do something like this!!!!!!!<P>------------------<BR>di<P>

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 355 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation