Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
H
H
This is an interesting thread that hits me, as a former WS.

Pepper- You have helped me so much as I've read your postings to others. I know you posted on my thread for sure one time, maybe earlier in September, too. I would welcome your insight anytime! Please!! That goes for all others , too, of course. Many BS's have given me great insight and advice.

Paw- I have a lot of feelings about what you're going through now. Many here have said so many wise things to you. It's so easy to romanticize someone we don't really have, isn't it? Your husband is with you daily--reality. What can match up to the excitement and thrill of a love affair? The senses are heightened alone, perhaps, by the forbidden nature of it. Please, people..I am not advocating an affair. My affair was the mistake of my life! I am simply trying to point out the intensity of one, for many people. Some of the memories of my A were the most intense moments of my life (conversations, exeperiences with him, not Sex!, but they're flavored with the knowledge of just how wrong and terrible it truly was!)

Paw- You never got to the reality phase with your OM. I certainly did, with mine. Perhaps that is why withdrawal was easier for me. The relationship had dwindled for some time, and it just took me time to end it--it took courage as he was my only emotional support, for almost four years! I ended it with him in mid July, and NC since early August when he called me and I hung up on him. I truly don't think of him much at all now. He hurt me in so many ways, and now my life is basically miserable due to the affair I had with him. It was like fantasy land , and it turned very dismal-rather fast.

Paw, I am so happy your husband chose to stay with you. Please, rejoice in that!!! Focus on his love for you, his devotion and willingness to love you despite what you did. You can't imagine how lucky you are. I pray fervently for my exH's forgiveness and a restoration of my marriage.

Another point. I 've been divorced since August, and didn't find this site until spring of 2002. I started posting here in September, and I'm a former WS. I have always felt welcome here. Very few have blasted me, if at all. I understand their feelings, even so. We're all here to support each other, and learn from each other.

Pepper, again, that list you made of the downfalls of being OW was very good. Before I finally had the courage to end it with OM, I sat and made many lists about him.

This might help, Paw. After I ended it with OM, at lonely times at first I'd have the slightest urge to call him. I remember one evening as late as November it was rather strong. I simply pulled out my list of traits he had, and the disastrous nature of our A. That ended all desire to contact the man . I also do the 'game' another poster mentioned. I think ahead and think, "And then what" as far as if I actually called the guy. I know I NEVER will, for the rest of my life. It was such a bad, bad thing- my R with him

Hope this helps a bit.

God Bless,
H_P

P
P
PAW

Here's my other idea .... one to help you de-romanticize the affair:

Write a letter of apology to the OM's wife, his kids, the parish, his parents, your parents, your kids, your husband. Write to each of these people in a separate letter .... and send it to us, here on MB. (don't send to them necessarily)

That's a wake-up call sure to shed the light of reality on your past choices.

NOT to make you feel bad about yourself, but, to make you feel bad about AFFAIRS .... affairs are dirty ugly business all dressed up as romance .... and everyone involved, either directly or indirectly, gets hurt.

Develop a really strong awareness and consciousness about the destructiveness affairs carry as a natural consequence. And your affair in particular.

Look into the eyes of the evil of affairs .... with clarity and honesty ..... and you'll be ready to move on toward the light of an honest and committed relationship.

It takes time, and it takes work. Do the work and the time will mean something.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 508 guests, and 133 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Comfortable Shoe, Sourdine, Abela Laye, Ardent Center, Lost@1969
71,846 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation