Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
J
J
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial"> I still haven't seen all of the things that I thought that I should see in my FWW as far as repentance goes... yet I have a sense of peace that she is truly repentant. My point is this... if YOU try to define how your wife should show her repentance, then you will most surely be dissappointed. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Amen x 2!

This has been my experience, too.

C
C
Yo Mortar --
I'm not usually on this thread, but I try to keep up on your posts since we're both in the military.

And take this for what it's worth: I'm not in the sitch you are. My S is home, and I'm basically screwing up by the numbers. So I may end up in your sitch, maybe not.

But, if I read your post right, I think you do need to step back a bit.

There were two things that struck me: 1.) That she was implying she'd have As willy-nilly if you didn't change and B.) your take on marriage.

1. I don't think she was saying she'd have As. I think she was saying that if she gets home and you're still the guy she wasn't too thrilled with, she'd probably have to leave, as she already has. Yes, the OM was a factor in her leaving, but he was a symptom. Had she not had an A, and left anyway, you'd be in a different mind frame. But I'm thinking you get that. The point is, if she doesn't feel safe coming home, she's not going to feel safe when she gets there, so why should she commit? It's not that dissimilar from making the decision to marry you. She felt...safe.

2. Marriage is a wonderful thing, right? And God says it's forever, right? BUT... it's only a rare person who can say "Well, this blows, but God says do it." Most people need to know the marriage is fulfilling, loving and warm. They stay, frankly, out of a choice. They decide -- often on a day-to-day basis -- that marriage works for them. If you're lucky, she'll see marriage works AND see how it fits in God's plan. Maybe, in a way, God's word isn't the reason for the marriage staying together, but a thing she discovers by virtue of staying.
Now, from the strictly emotional male point of view, you have every right to say "Hey, if you won't say it's forever, shove off." And if that's what you choose, that's fine. But her experiences have shown her that forever isn't really in the cards just yet. After all, you married her under the pretext that you'd be this great and wonderful guy, and something went off kilter somewhere. You didn't keep your promise.

So, I guess what I'm saying is, let her come home, when she's ready. Make it nice and cozy and loving for her. She'll recommit, and when she does, you will know it's forever. I just don't see any value in demanding it right now. Take it day by day.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 256 guests, and 53 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
peppa, RP4280, Philip Pitre, ClarencePeterson, ColsDawg
71,872 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Spying on Wife's phone without getting caught?
by ClarencePeterson - 09/22/24 08:59 PM
Depression
by ClarencePeterson - 09/22/24 11:19 AM
Separated/Dating
by ClarencePeterson - 09/21/24 08:58 PM
Child activities
by ClarencePeterson - 09/21/24 08:56 PM
Loss of libido/Sexual Attraction
by ClarencePeterson - 09/21/24 06:10 AM
Involucrar o no a la familia por apoyo
by ClarencePeterson - 09/21/24 06:09 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,607
Posts2,323,424
Members71,872
Most Online3,185
Jan 27th, 2020
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2024, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation