Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 44 of 50 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 49 50
B
B

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

P
P
So you didn't tell Dr. Harley that you haven't confirmed with WH's boss that his online activity is monitored...
Don't you think that crucial bit of information might have affected his advice to you?

And, Hon, you ARE being told how to prevent an affair. This is a gaping hole. You are taking the word of a WH -- one who has lied to you and pulled the wool over your eyes for YEARS.

It's not that you're not being told how to prevent an affair. It's that you don't like what you're being told. So much so that you would leave out crucial information when emailing Dr. Harley so that you could get the exact advice that you want to hear (and maybe, just maybe, we'd all get off your back about it).

Until you have had a heart-to-heart with your WH's boss, you should consider your marriage ripe for another affair.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

M
M
Originally Posted by amac
Now, will you guys start advising me on how to work on PREVENTING an affair, rather then CATCHING WH in the act? I think its time for that.

amac, a couple of questions:

1) you know that meeting emotional needs doesn't prevent affairs, right? do you know what prevents affairs?

2) are you listening to the radio show, daily? Years ago Steve Harley advised me to "embark on a program of education" learning Marriage Builders. He was SO right - I needed to learn a LOT and hear a LOT of things repeated many, many times before they sank in. If I could I'd get everybody who posts on this site to be daily listeners - that's hundreds and hundreds of hours of teaching. You won't make it without it. By this time you could be a great teacher of this material yourself, given the radio show. I'd suggest that you learn the program from the radio show well enough to teach it - that's probably the best way to get yourself a great marriage.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
I
I
In terms of the monitoring, yes, I agree it needs to be verified. HOWEVER, being a lawyer myself and knowing how law firms work it would be VERY UNLIKELY THAT IT IS NOT MONITORED. For me, we cannot even access craiglist, chat rooms etc, and I know many people who have been fired for even lesser things, like selling on eBay at work. This is common practice for larger firms. But I will find a way to verify for sure.

Now, will you guys start advising me on how to work on PREVENTING an affair, rather then CATCHING WH in the act? I think its time for that.

Oh this makes a huge difference. All you need to do then is confirm that with WHs boss which should be easy since he's sympathetic and this level of monitoring is standard for the industry. You were planning on that anyway right?

How to improve spy methods is probably your next step.

I think listening to the show daily is also an excellent suggestion.

What did you think of Dr Hs advice?

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

S
S

I understand you are frustrated. I get it, I really do.

But honestly, I find it really disheartening to see you using this tone with posters who are HELPING you out of the goodness of their hearts. And it is not the first time.

We are not paid workers. We are volunteers. We give up our free time to do this. We don't "hammer" people when we see red flags because it's fun. It's because we see people that cut corners get BURNED again and we don't want to see that happen to you. Think about that before you get frustrated, here.

Re-read your words. You are basically demanding that we give you advice the way that you want it. That's not how this works.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
M
M
Originally Posted by SusieQ
We don't "hammer" people when we see red flags because it's fun. It's because we see people that cut corners get BURNED again and we don't want to see that happen to you.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
M
Originally Posted by SusieQ
You are basically demanding that we give you advice the way that you want it. That's not how this works.

A
amac Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I get frustrated because frankly, the posts I'm getting are accusing not only my WH of distorting facts intentionally, but also me. Prisca saying I intentionally left out that WH told me this or that to get advice I want, and being told I'm being "fed" this or that, when it is not the case. Why would I waste my own precious time and yours by distorting things to get an answer I want? That helps no one. I understand you all are doing this to help me, but at the same time I feel like I keep saying things over and over again that are being ignored so that I am not getting appropriate advise.

1. I AGREE THE MONITORING NEEDS TO BE VERIFIED.AND I HAVE SAID THAT OVER AND OVER AGAIN, BUT I THINK THERE IS A TACTFUL WAY TO DO IT SO IT DOES NOT HINDER HIS CAREER, THIS MAY TAKE A BIT OF TIME
2. I HAVE TAKEN WH'S WORD ON NOTHING SINCE WE RECONCILED - I KNOW FROM MY OWN PERSONAL EXPERIENCE THAT LAW FIRMS MONITOR THEIR EMPLOYEES THIS IS DIFFERENT THEN A BS TAKING A WS AT THEIR WORD ABOUT WHAT HAPPENS AT WORK WITH NO PERSONAL KNOWLEDGE

As for spying, what more can I do? I get a backup a every night to my computer that shows all his phones, calls, texts, pictures, websites searched etc. I have a VAR that I can put back in his car whenever I want. I have access to all his bank account and private emails. As Dr. Harley said on the show, if the work is being monitored (which I believe it is, not because WH says so but because of common practice, to be verified) then it would be very difficult for him to get around that. As I have said before, it would be WAYYY easier for him to get another phone or tablet to connect to wifi and do whatever he wants on it.

My pressing issue is that I need to close this thread because I want to introduce (F)WH to MB so we can start implementing the concepts that will prevent an affair. It will be almost 2 months that he has been home, things are good but I know it can be better with MB and I dont want us to get too set in a routine. I want us to start working the program and I want him to have access to this resources but dont want to bring him here with this thread up.

Last edited by amac; 05/23/18 01:15 PM.

BW (Me): 39
FWH: 39
DD: 5
DS: 3

D-Day 1: 5/8/17
Plan B started: 6/19/17
For real: 11/13/17-4/3/18
Affair ended: 3/25/18

DD 2: 2/14/20

A
amac Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Thanks BH!

M
M
My pressing issue is that I need to close this thread because I want to introduce (F)WH to MB so we can start implementing the concepts that will prevent an affair. It will be almost 2 months that he has been home, things are good but I know it can be better with MB and I dont want us to get too set in a routine. I want us to start working the program and I want him to have access to this resources but dont want to bring him here with this thread up.

amac, are you listening to the radio show? That will be a much better resource for your husband than the forum.

A
amac Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Communication = Affair, in my mind. If it gets that far I would be done. I need help so he will not want to communicate. He doesnt right now, but I know there is the potential in the future.

P
P
I get frustrated because frankly, the posts I'm getting are accusing not only my WH of distorting facts intentionally, but also me.
Doesn't he have a history of doing just that?

Prisca saying I intentionally left out that WH told me this or that to get advice I want, and being told I'm being "fed" this or that, when it is not the case. Why would I waste my own precious time and yours by distorting things to get an answer I want? That helps no one. I understand you all are doing this to help me, but at the same time I feel like I keep saying things over and over again that are being ignored so that I am not getting appropriate advise.

1. I AGREE THE MONITORING NEEDS TO BE VERIFIED.AND I HAVE SAID THAT OVER AND OVER AGAIN, BUT I THINK THERE IS A TACTFUL WAY TO DO IT SO IT DOES NOT HINDER HIS CAREER, THIS MAY TAKE A BIT OF TIME
We agree, it is a waste of time.
So when will you be verifying? How?

2. I HAVE TAKEN WH'S WORD ON NOTHING SINCE WE RECONCILED - I KNOW FROM MY OWN PERSONAL EXPERIENCE THAT LAW FIRMS MONITOR THEIR EMPLOYEES THIS IS DIFFERENT THEN A BS TAKING A WS AT THEIR WORD ABOUT WHAT HAPPENS AT WORK WITH NO PERSONAL KNOWLEDGE
I know from personal experience that a lot of businesses also monitor their employees.
I also know from personal experience that waywards LIE THROUGH THEIR TEETH. You have experienced this as well.

Until you have talked to WH's boss yourself, you need to consider your marriage ripe for an affair.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

P
P
You can't move forward in your recovery until this has been verified.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

A
amac Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by markos

1) you know that meeting emotional needs doesn't prevent affairs, right? do you know what prevents affairs?

Yup, I know that based on my experience. I think emotional needs were being met in my marriage up until my 2nd pregnancy. But WH was chatting late at night when I was sleeping. I would go to bed at 10-11, WH would stay up until 2 or 3. Basically the equivalent of overnight separation. That is no longer the case. We go to bed together at 10. No more idle time for him.

Yes, I think the radio program will help alot and I want WH to be able to start listening as well.

M
M
Communication = Affair, in my mind. If it gets that far I would be done. I need help so he will not want to communicate. He doesnt right now, but I know there is the potential in the future.

Originally Posted by markos

2) are you listening to the radio show, daily? Years ago Steve Harley advised me to "embark on a program of education" learning Marriage Builders. He was SO right - I needed to learn a LOT and hear a LOT of things repeated many, many times before they sank in. If I could I'd get everybody who posts on this site to be daily listeners - that's hundreds and hundreds of hours of teaching. You won't make it without it. By this time you could be a great teacher of this material yourself, given the radio show. I'd suggest that you learn the program from the radio show well enough to teach it - that's probably the best way to get yourself a great marriage.

A
amac Offline OP
OP Offline
A
[/quote]

amac, are you listening to the radio show? That will be a much better resource for your husband than the forum.[/quote]

I agree. But I need away to introduce him to these concepts first. Do you guys have any suggestions about how to do that without pointing him to the site? I would like a way to give him a summary of the concepts so he feels good about it, then move onto the books and radio show. The summary he would get from the site, but I dont want him to see the forum with this thread up.

Last edited by amac; 05/23/18 01:44 PM.

M
M
Yes, I think the radio program will help alot

Have you listened to today's show, yet?

and I want WH to be able to start listening as well.

He can start now!

M
M
amac, are you listening to the radio show? That will be a much better resource for your husband than the forum.

I agree. But I need away to introduce him to these concepts first. Do you guys have any suggestions about how to do that without pointing him to the site?

Have him install the app and start listening to the show every day.

Last edited by markos; 05/23/18 01:45 PM.

A
amac Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Ok, but what about a basic understanding of the concepts? I dont know if he will get as much from the radio show without a basic understanding of things and the terminology. I need a MB glossary and cheat sheet smile

M
M
Ok, but what about a basic understanding of the concepts? I dont know if he will get as much from the radio show without a basic understanding of things and the terminology. I need a MB glossary and cheat sheet smile

They teach some of the concepts every day - the best thing to do is to just jump in and start listening, and plan to be in this for the long term. You both need a lot of education to recover, and this is the best way to get it.

Page 44 of 50 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 49 50

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 600 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation