Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
OP Offline
C
So, this is in a way my wife college friend who I became my support system during my wife affair discovery.

He was in a relationship for 5 years but mostly long distance as she moved away to another city 3 years ago, somehow the luck have it that he moves to her city same time she moved back to where he was living; they shared each other's house and car for almost 1 year now.

Last week he planned surprise visit as girlfriend seemed bit off when conversing, but for her luck he called just before landing so she was able to get her work colleague away from his home; next day that work colleague became daring and came to drop her at home while my friend was there.

He has ended the relationship but they share house and a car, how can he browse through this without getting in Trouble? How can he send the message that he wants residential and vehicle situation dealt without triggering her? I do not want him to get in Trouble.

Last edited by canadien74; 09/21/22 07:04 PM.
S
S
Disentangling a relationship is often complicated and usually not pleasant, but I think you should leave your friend to sort out his own life. He's a grown man.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
C
OP Offline
C
Hello there Sugarcane;
Thanks for your reply but only reason his situation concerns me is because they are driving each other cars and live in house while he has officially called off the relationship with her, my concern is if someone gets into accident or if anything weird happens and he gets stuck in difficult situation as she is not officially supposed to drive his car as he has moved to another province and not declared to his car insurance company.

As they live 3000 km apart I want him to claim his independence by moving away from her house and car, but how does he tell her without getting in Trouble as he wants her to move out from his apartment too.

S
S
Originally Posted by canadien74
As they live 3000 km apart I want him to claim his independence by moving away from her house and car, but how does he tell her without getting in
Trouble as he wants her to move out from his apartment too.
I'm really unsure about what you're asking here.

How does he tell her - what? What does he need to tell her?

What kind of trouble do you mean? How can he "he get in trouble" for breaking up with her?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
C
OP Offline
C
He needs to leave her house but also tell her to leave his apartment and car; he entangled house and car in this relationship so he has to find a new place to live and she also needs to get a new place to live if they want to keep working where they are now.

Thing is he has to plan all this before he tells her to leave his apartment because he is living in new city and he can move into friends house in November at latest and has no where to go until than.

what would you suggest he do in this situation?

S
S
I'm afraid that I just don't understand what you are asking.

People who lived together, or who shared property, and who break up, need to disentangle their lives. It isn't fun to go through but people do it all the time. It must be done step by step. There is no alternative. I simply don't understand what is so hard in his case, nor what you mean about getting into trouble, nor why you posted this on Marriage Builders when they were not married, nor why you are involved like this.

Surely she knows that since they are breaking up, the property and cars need to be sorted out. This cannot be a surprise to her.

I just don't get what the issue is.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,352 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation