Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
T
Oh Gentle, I am really sorry about all that you are going through. You have really been through a lot. <BR>I think your faith and courage are great examples for your children. Do you know the song<BR>"Be not afraid.<BR>I go before you always.<BR>Come follow me.<BR>And I will give you rest."<BR>The Lord is there with all of you, holding you close. If this house means so much to everyone and you are afraid your husband hasn't moved on it, maybe you should talk to him very gently. If you don't want to try to control things, you don't have to talk to the bank without talking to your husband first. But if your husband WANTS you to talk to the bank, do it.<P>I am probably like your husband - terrible about anything administrative. I'm good at creative things but hate paperwork of any sort, forms to fill in are terribly frustrating to me, etc.<P>You said that God has convicted you of trying to control things. Are you trying to control your husband by NOT doing it yourself? I don't know, I just want to ask you. I don't want to put doubts in your mind or make things worse but it sounds like you want him to do something he is really bad at. If he doesn't help you out of this, he is going to feel terrible and be angry at himself, the bank, etc. Yet maybe he isn't ready to help or can't help. I don't know him well enough to understand the situation but as we don't want to test God, we shouldn't test others either, I don't think.<P>I don't think you'd be going against your faith if you called and talked to your husband about it. At least you would never wonder about it. I believe God works through people and sometimes that person is you. You are in charge of your children. You don't want them to be angry at God. Pray about this and ask a prayer partner who knows your situation.<P>Sometimes our humility has to be in understanding we don't always know what the Lord's will is and asking Him to show it to us. Could He be urging you on by the strong feelings you and your children have about your house? Could it be He doesn't want you to waste money by foreclosing? I don't have the answers, Gentle, but I don't believe God feels any reason to test your faith when you have already been tested so much. <P>Self-defense is legitimate and so is helping your husband if he is just unable to do things to help you right now. Don't shame him by losing your house if you have any control over the situation. If not, accept your lot and go forward with a smile.<P>I pray for a break in this situation and for you to understand what it is you have to do. It's okay to have doubts - you aren't doubting the Lord's love, you're just doubting what to do about the house and your husband which is very different. If God made you capable, I don't think He wants you to lose that gift, as long as it isn't a source of pride or strife.<P>God bless you and your family today and every day. <BR>

R
R
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tryingtohope:<BR>Dearest gentle,<P>It is through your faith and stregnth that I have been able to hang one more day on more than opne occasion. I am so sorry to hear how your little girls are taking this. I shed some tears for you as read your last post. It made me think of my step daughter, that I have not seen in two months, I will continue top pray tha god touches your husbands heart, that he protects and gives your daughter courage, the he keeps you close tohim and gives you the stregnth you need at this tin.<BR>In Jesus Name I ask these thing amen<BR>

A
A
dear Gentle,<P> I am trying to keep up with you by reading MB.May God give you strength and encourage you,bless your children.<P> You sister in Christ ,beth

T
T
Lord, please guide Gentle and help her to understand Your will. Please lead her husband home and draw them closer to You. Lift up her spirit today, and allow her to feel the love of friends and especially Your love. She is a shining example; please help her through this very difficult time. Amen.

G
gentle Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Everyone,<P>Prayer request over 20 post...Praise God!!<P>I am here still holding on. Please go to post...To Gentle...<BR>and read my post there. I don't know how to do the link thing yet. Anyway, I didn't want to have to post again.<BR>Thanks for all the prayers and support.<P>gentle

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (still seeking), 175 guests, and 69 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Sourdine, Abela Laye, Ardent Center, Lost@1969, Jmoor9090
71,845 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation