Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#348710 08/31/03 07:43 AM
N
OP Offline
N
Since coming in here I have been trying to work on my family in a whole. And you see these commercials about "Family Game Night" so I thought why not.

We picked Friday but mostly we end up doing it Saturday because some times Friday is so hectic coming home and trying to get things done.

The dinner table is a good place to sit at and play and talk and laugh. I think it is improving my family when it comes to my kids. My H tends to get too into winning sometimes and will say something that makes one of the kids (mostly my youngest) feel bad and I have to correct it.

But like I said it has helped I think in bringing us closer together and finding out things that are going on with their lives.

Plus with my youngest we have picked one day out of the week to be our day. Since it is during the week we just do an eating out thing together where he picks and we go eat. Again it makes him feel a little special and its one on one time.

My youngest and I went to the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens one sunday. Wasn't sure how he would feel about wandering around a garden but it turned out to be the best day. I gave him a disposable camera and I had my digital camera and we went around taking pictures of the flowers. It made me feel good because he told me that he really liked that place and he was having fun. He even went as far as asking if we could go back there one day. I told him yes we could maybe when fall comes around to take pictures of the fall colors of the plants. I just wanted to swell up and cry that he enjoyed something that I enjoyed too.

I have done the same thing with my older son on occasions but he is so involved with his friends and computer its hard to get him away from them.

#348711 09/05/03 06:34 AM
F
F
Hey,
Great to hear of you giving quality time to your kid.

I like crazy ideas. Beakfast in the park is good once in a while.

One time I got the kids up at 5am and we climbed a nearby hill ( 30 minute climb ) to watch the sun RISE. We never forget those things. ( Us kids ! ).

Do it again !

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,188 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation