Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#349378 12/19/99 04:32 PM
N
NewDay Offline OP
OP Offline
N
I saw the OW for the first time today. Was that a shock for those of you who have never met the other person? She was at her kids' basketball game and I was at our son's soccer game in the same building. My husband pointed her out to me. Can't believe he shared that with me but I am glad he did. I have so often imagined them together and now I have a face. Is that good or bad? I am glad she is just an average looking person like me - not a raving beauty but not an icky slob either ;-)<BR>My H was a little fearful that I might say something to her, but I know that is not what God would have of me. So I kept quiet. It was hard. But my H was very comforting to me after we got home and talked about it. I just wondered how others felt the first time the saw the OW, but I realize many of you know or were friends with the OW. That would be so.. hard. I am grateful for the little blessings God has bestowed upon me. J<BR>

#349379 12/20/99 02:18 PM
U
U
Hmmm... Ya know I never have still sorted out how I felt the first time I saw (a picture) of OW... I think I was about to have our youngest daughter, and H showed me a pic/jpg he had on a disk of OW/OC at about 2 weeks post...<P>I still guess I should sift through all that mess in my emotional being and make sure I hold no negative sinful thoughts and feelings.. You made me think this morning.. <P>I guess its time to clear my forgiveness sheet on OW too..... How many others here are having this struggle...???<P>cozy

#349380 12/20/99 02:30 PM
T
Taj Offline
T
I would love to say that I believe I could be totally free from thoughts of the OW but I really don't believe that. The damage she did to my life through her selfishness is something that can be certainly healed but not erased. My marriage ended the day I realized there had been deceit, lies and betrayal, and then began anew with the Truth. It so happened that is also the day I saw the OW for the first time. I had met her before the affair started in the 80's but never really looked at her.<P>God asks us to forgive those who have sinned against us BUT I don't believe that forgetting is very realistic. That is where the Serenity prayer helps me alot:<P>God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,<BR>The courage to change the things I can.<BR>And the wisdom to know the difference.<P>If I keep kicking myself for the times I struggle with this issue I will be bloody. I chose instead to accept the consequences of my husbands sin and that I believe is living in forgiveness.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,024 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation