Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
T
I was hesitant to post this article because I thought some of the information on the entire web-site wasn't quite right.<p>I haven't done a study on the above article to verify his teaching - but I thought it was interesting how there was a difference between the term "putting away" vs. "divorce" is in the translation. <p>Before endorsing this article, I would definitely study up on it.<p>TnT

S
S
TNT<p>Thanks for posting the article. I'm looking forward to your investigation of it. Since I am a divorced woman who is remarried it is of a huge interest for me.<p>I do find it interesting the "put away" verses the "divorced." The article gave me comfort as it is an issue I have struggled with. Particularly because my first husband was divorced from his first wife. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] So you can surely see my confusion and how this article if correct can ease not only my conscience but answer my numerous questions.<p>By the way, are you online? I am for a few minutes longer if you have a moment. Things are all array as usual and not only is my Son a mess which continues to get stickier*, Siobhan is missing again and apparently has gotten into a car accident with the car her father stupidly gave her and fled from the scene of the accident.<p>Prayers are much needed and greatly appreciated. <p>So looking forward to either that job transfer to another state or the six years until hubby's retirement from GM and the move to another state! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Love you honey and again, thanks a million!

T
T
Sam - Sorry I didn't get back here last night. When I got home (I have a night class on Thurs nights) H & Son were fast asleep (still adjusting to the time change.) I felt pretty accomplished to find the article and post it - but then I got offline right afterwards, and sorry I missed you. <p>By the way, I got a 96 on my Macro-economics test last night!!! Whew! PTL<p>Gosh, Sam. I know you could have used a prayer partner last night. I will be lifting your family in prayer throughout the day today, I hope I hear a good report tonight!<p>Lonesome Heart & Laura - How are ya doing? Just want to see your response to the article too. What do you think?<p>Sheryl - yes you have some good online 'real' friends - wish we all lived so close to each other. Wouldn't that be fun? If the rapture occurs soon - we sure will be! YES! Oh, by the way... LCMS don't believe in a pre-trib rapture. But, it sure would be nice! I'll go, that is for sure.<p>Anyways - I hope you ladies have a wonderful day, and I'll check back with you all tonight after work.<p>Love
TnT

Q
OP Offline
Q
Good grief it's been busy here since I wrote last night!! <p>Ladies, I am being attacked BIG TIME.<p>I wish I could get into it all... maybe later... I feel like such a hypocrite writing all my lovlies about Praying with Katie, how it changed my life, how I see God... and then BAM! ZOW! POW!!... Satan (or Sheryl) strikes again, and I'm back in the cave... I feel so overwhelmed and sad again... [img]images/icons/frown.gif" border="0[/img] <p>TnT, Thank you for posting that link and study... I will go through it with a fine-toothed comb later... right now I have to find a way to live through today without giving into the enemy... <p>LH, Yes, I am blessed to have people praying for me and loving me... I know this... but on days like today... although it still feels wonderful to be blessed, it feels soo..... not enough...<p>Sam, I am so sorry for all you're going through too... it feels so "out of control" sometimes, doesn't it??... I'll be praying for you...<p>Ladies, I know I sound selfish asking for prayer when you're all going through your own problems and pain too... but could you please say a prayer for me and my H? We are sinking... financially (I still can't work, and if he goes Bankrupt, [which he will if this keeps up - he got ALL of his ex-wife's credit in the divorce agreement] he can't sponsor me and that means I have to leave the country), and also spiritually, that we will be a "united force" with God against all who seek to destroy us. <p>This is a big job for God, and I know He is big enough for the task. It just feels so hopeless sometimes... like now, for instance... and I have nowhere else to turn...<p>I'm sorry to be a bummer...<p>Love to you all,
Sheryl<p>[ November 02, 2001: Message edited by: Nyneve ]</p>

T
T
Okay - I checked back in before I went off to work.<p>Lord Heavenly Father,<p>Lord! Please oh Lord, hear my prayer. Father God, I know that Sheryl is seeking you, and father the enemy wants to keep her entrenched in the negative. Father God, I rebuke Satan and his lies that he is speaking to her right now in the name of Jesus. Father, I release your Holy spirit on her so that she can feel YOUR presence within her, in Jesus Name. Cover her, Lord, with your peace, in Jesus name from the top of her head to the soles of her feet.<p>Father God, I know that you have called Sheryl to be your child because you have a purpose. Father, I know ALL things work together for those that Love the Lord and are called according to your purposes. Father, I pray Lord, right now that Sheryl would feel your love and protection, and that she would be given a NEW HOPE! Father that new hope would be centered in your truths in Jesus Name.<p>Lord Heavenly father, pick her up and comfort her, letting her know that you are HER father, and that you will protect her and keep her. Let her know Lord that she is more than a conquerer because of Jesus who is within her. Father, she is part of the Body of Christ, and when the foot or hand or knee is not working properly it affects all of us, so Lord, I pray that you would heal Sheryl, In JESUS NAME from the attacks of the enemy.<p>Father, these financial situations are nothing. Looking at the widow, when you asked her to gather vessels so that you could fill them with oil. Father, I know you worked then for this woman and you are not a respector of persons and will do whatever it takes for Sheryl, to realize that you care about every issue she has to deal with.<p>Father God, I also pray that alcohol will not be a stumbling block to Sheryl's purposes that you have called her to do. Remove that spirit in the Name of Jesus, and let her know your full joy and peace, IN JESUS NAME. Let NO stumbling block or circumstance prevent her from doing what you have called her to do.<p>Prepare her Lord, for your work, your coming, and your love, In Jesus Name. Wash her in your word, and give her WISDOM, In Jesus Name. Father God, there is a time for sadness and a time for joy. But, Lord, it always a time for the peace that passes all understanding, through Christ Jesus. I pray for that peace upon Sheryl Today, In Jesus Name, the name above ALL names, your son, my saviour, Amen.

Q
OP Offline
Q
WOW, TnT, <p>Thank you for the prayer!!!!!!!!! I cried when I read it!<p>I did want to let you know that alcoholism/alcohol has NO PLACE in my life today, other than the dysfuntion that has passed through my family of origin... that is why I joined al-anon... Just wanted to let you know...<p>Thank you again for the prayer -- I felt God's strength when I read it...<p>Love, Sheryl

T
T
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>I did want to let you know that alcoholism/alcohol has NO PLACE in my life today, other than the dysfuntion that has passed through my family of origin... that is why I joined al-anon... Just wanted to let you know...<hr></blockquote><p>Sheryl
Thanks for clarifying that - I didn't think that you had the problem with alcohol directly, but I do think that Satan sees something as an open door to attack you. I'm not sure if this is it, but whatever Satan is using as an open door we are going ask the Lord to close it - through Jesus Christ, our Lord. Satan is trespassing, in my opinion.
Well, we can talk later about this - I've called in sick and I am going to get a nap - a nagging headache that I have!
Love you
TnT

K
K
Dear TnT, Thanks so much for that article. I quickly read it and it seems sound. This is what I was taught about marriage and divorce and it resonates with the affirmations of the Holy Ghost surrounding my present (2nd) marriage. I am sending this off to a friend of mine. <p>I don't think that a few errors of doctrine on a website, or in a catechism, negates everything they believe or publish. Most of us have good truths and understandings to offer, and other things we are confused about, in error about, or have yet to comprehend. Just realize that everyone believes lots of things that are not truth. How do we know? Because in any population, ask them what they believe most firmly. You will find that people disagree most strongly about that which their neighbor knows most absolutely to be true. We are all wrong to some extent! LOL. Room for humility and further study!<p>Look for truth where ever you may find it. Ask God in humility, in the name of Jesus, and by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things.<p>[ November 02, 2001: Message edited by: Karenna ]</p>

T
T
Thank you Karenna!
I just don't have the energy today to delve into that study to see if it was a good teaching or not! am going to jump back on that couch now - after I throw a load of clothes in the dryer... <p>How are you doing, anyhow? Good? Hope so.<p>Good to see you!
TnT

Q
OP Offline
Q
Everyone has been so incredibly loving and wonderful... I don't deserve it, but I feel blessed, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.<p>I have had so many things happen this week... bits of sunshine in an otherwise gloomy "cave"...<p>... even today, a dear friend who've I've known here at MB since I came here (and who "knew" my ex-H too, as much as you could know him with his limited posts) spoke to me over IM for a couple of hours... and it was truly an eye-opening, and spiritual experience... I know, that sounds so soppy somehow, but she helped me to see something I had NEVER seen until today! It was a balm for my heart.<p>All these blessings, and for awhile I feel better, and then... something (Satan, I know, and I probably shouldn't give him a capital "s" which somehow gives him more power than I'd like)... anyway, Satan leaps back in (if he'd ever left) and digs at me...<p>A banking situation that my H worked on this morning has reversed, despite the bank's word that it wouldn't... and it **could** set off a serious series of events that **could** cause us some MAJOR problems. Please pray that it doesn't. I know I will be.<p>I pulled down my old King James Bible today, opened it, and lovingly touched the pages. Do you guys do that? I was going to do a study and that's when the call came from my H about the banking thing. I am not *beside myself* as I might have been, even yesterday, but I was upset. He's trying so hard do the right things (my H) and he's getting beaten at every turn. Pray for him too, will you?? He's only the sweetest man on the planet, and a good man at that... I hate seeing/hearing him feel battered.<p>Well, I'll keep this short (that's a first [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0[/img] ) and just say again that I feel very blessed for MB and for my friends here -- both on this particular forum and "out there" in the scary world the **other forums** (said with booming voice!! hee hee)...<p>Love to all,
Sheryl

T
T
Re: that banking situation.
Satan, YOU ARE A LIAR! In Jesus Name.<p>I will keep your husband in prayer.<p>Lord, heavenly Father, Please help Sheryl's financial situation Lord, please! In Jesus Holy Name. Amen.

Q
OP Offline
Q
Boy!! You sure caught that one fast!!!!!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>THANK YOU!!!!

L
L
Sheryl,
I'm so sorry to hear you're still in the cave. Lord knows I've had more than my share of cave days. Someday I'll have to look at those caves again and explain why I chose to be miserable instead of making the best of each and every day. <p>There's a local Christian radio station that has been a tremendous blessing to me. The music is very upbeat, the announcers are cheery, the messages are inspiring. I'm not a church goer myself. I wouldn't know which one to go to. Aside from this forum, my spiritual guidance comes over the air waves. Nowadays when I am under attack, I sing out loud some of my favorite songs from this radio station. Peace of mind soon follows. It's my primary tool to carpet bomb that dern enemy. This radio station broadcasts over the internet, so you can listen too, even way up there in Canada (if you have a decent enough connection speed). http://www.kbnj.org Hope you can listen too and hope it helps.

L
L
I should probably issue a warning about that radio station link, especially for you Canadians. Programming contains local weather reports from our sparkling city by the sea. Anyone suffering from cabin fever may experience a maddening urge to drive south for several days. It's currently 73 degrees at midnight here in balmy south Texas. I sure do love this place... when it's not summer. [img]images/icons/cool.gif" border="0[/img]

Q
OP Offline
Q
I will check out that link on Monday, LH, and THANK YOU!!<p>Oh, I can handle your sparkling sea weather report, if you can handle me coming back and sharing weather reports from under 10 feet of snow!!! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img]

L
L
I can handle your weather reports... from a distance! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] I lived in Wisconsin for 6 years so I could see snow. I don't care about snow anymore! Funny thing is, my definition of cold has changed. Forty degrees is brutal.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 728 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation