Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#363959 02/25/00 09:39 PM
N
NSR Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Hello Friends... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Just and update and request...<P><B>Update first</B>...<BR>Well I had a great 3 day ski weekend last weekend with my kids... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>Great weather... great snow... great time... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>My daughter was astonishing... up/down lifts by herself... skiing down beginner hills chock full of fallen skiers without falling down herself... and this was only her second trip! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Them...<P>on the last day of skiing... about the time we were ready to pack up and get going back home... I got some vicious stomache cramps... I bearly was able to walk to the car... but I drove it to where the kids dropped off their ski equipment... and then I realized <B>I could no longer drive home</B>. The pains in my lower abdomen were just too great and I had my 17yo son drive... 25 miles from the lodge the pain worsened... and I had my son find the first available hospital... I was so proud of all my kids... my 17yo son, my 10yo son directing the older through the blue <B>H</B>ospital signs in an area we have never been in, and my 7yo daughter comforting me all the way! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>It turned out to be my appendix. 17 hours later... after a lot of pain, x-rays, a CAT scan, and more poking and proding than a new born... I was on the table and they finally took the appendix out... Very inflamed and virtually ready to burst. (yeah Medic... they weren't sure since there was no rise in my white cell count.) Then 4 more days in a hospital bed with countless pokes, jabs, IVs, liquid(<B>yuck</B>) meals, and antibiotics that kept raising my blood sugar (yes... I'm a type 2 diabetic). [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] So I've been gone for 7 days... [img]http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] <B>and now I'm back!</B> [img]http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]<P>I wish I could have kept up with my welcome wagon chores... and kept up with all your stories.<BR>Again... anyone willing to help out with general welcomes can direct people to the<BR>[ URL=http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/Forum29/HTML/000002.html]General Welcome for Newbies[/URL] site...<BR>Feel free to "<B>copy</B>" this into your replies to any newbie... just eliminate the space between the "<B>[</B>" and the "<B>URL=...</B>". [img]http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]<P><B>Now for my request</B>... Tou all are so patient...<BR>BTW... my W found out about my condition the night it happend (my son called her when they got home)...<BR>No phone call from my W... any of the 5 days/4 nights I was in the hospital...<BR>and when she picked up the kids tonight... she said, as she stepped in past the doorway... <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>All I want to say is I'm gald your feeling OK.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>(her facial expression was that of pulling teeth...sorry Bill) ...I guess it's better than then things she used to say about the "rose" incidents. [img]http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]<P>She also said she wouldn't take any birthday gifts from the kids... if <B>I</B> take them to buy then for her birthday... (her birthday is coming up this Monday... so I had no time this week to buy them.) I find it odd she won't take gifts from the kids... although I have lot's of experience(all bad) in <B>me</B> giving the gifts. [img]http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]<P>Well... anyway... I'm just asking for some prayers, or good thoughts as I go into court again for the the Early Settlement Panel(ESP) review. The ESP review is a state mandated attempt at mediation. It will be at about 9 AM (EST) this Tuesday(29th). I'll finally find out the things she'll be asking for in the divorce... a divorece I'm still trying to slow down... or even stop. Her demeanor tonight... gives me some clues... [img]http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]<P>I see my time to move to <A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/graphic/mbi8113_ab.html" TARGET=_blank>Plan B</A> coming sooner than I thought. I will be speaking to Steve Harley some time next week... and I'll keep everyone updated.<P>Thank you one and all. [img]http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]<P>Jim

A
A
Jim,<P>I'm glad to hear your o.k. Sounds like your kids are really level headed. I see why you're so proud of them. Wasn't all that sympathy from your wife wonderful? I can't believe what these people become.<P>Praying for you on your court date.<P>AD

W
W
Hi Jim,<P>I am sure glad to hear you are ok! My prayers are with you!<P>Sincerely,<P>Woozy

N
N
Jim,<P>I'm so sorry to hear about your appendicitis. It must have been a harrowing experience. <P>Does she expect your 7 and 10 year olds to go buy her gifts by themselves? The betrayers who remain so terribly angry at their spouses must share some common characteristic. I am not quite sure what distinguishes them from the others.

J
J
Jim,<P><B>Welcome Back</B><P>I'm also happy that you are okay. Just to let you know that I did continue to pray for you in your absence and will continue to do the same. I do hope everything will start to turn around in your favor, but in the mean time take good care of yourself and your children. <P>God Bless!<P><P>------------------<BR>"If you can learn from the mistakes of others, you won't have to make them youself."<P>lady_divine77@yahoo.com

M
M
I wondered where you were?<P>I am so glad that you are fine. I just wish things with your W was better.<P>I bet you are so proud of your kids! At least it happened at the end of your vacation.<P>Take Care!

T
T
Hi Jim,<P>I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling better. <P>Prayers that things will lighten up with your W and for your court day.

W
W
Jim,<P>I was wondering why you were MIA. Godspeed in your recovery, I'l be praying for that.<P>No sweat on the pulling teeth, you pull em I'll make em...Keeps me in buisness...LOL<P>I keep praying for your wife...I believe that God is working on her...Check out Genie29's thread on the recovery board...<P>God bless your kids...<P>Hang in there, and get well,<P>Bill<P>------------------<BR>BB<BR>

N
N
Not around much, as you know, but had to stop by to say:<P>I'm glad you're on the mend... <P>and...<P>I'm sorry your W isn't showing more compassion...<P>You're a good man, Jim... and that counts for SOMETHING in my book!!!!<P>~Sheryl

H
H
Glad your back! I've been through that surgery. It can really sap you of your strength for a while. Get well soon.

P
P
I'm so happy you have been found. <BR>I was just about ready to send out the dogs!<P>Glad to hear you pulled through!<BR>But sorry to hear about the W. Does she not harbor any nursing instincts? What's the matter with that women!!!!!!!!!! <P>------------------<BR>Peg

G
G
Jim, I'm glad you're back, and all right.... at least physically. I will pray for your strength and for your W, also. I heard something on the radio today that made some sense to me. You know the old saying that you have to hit rock bottom before you can begin to turn around. Oh, how true is that statement for me. What this man was talking about was that there is a difference between being baptized in the spirit and having a heart that is spirit filled. And that the only way that the spirit can come into your heart and fill it up, is if it is first empty. For me this seems to be so true. I think that I finally hit so far down so that my body was completly emptied. I think God needed me to get to a place where he could have my undivided attention. Maybe this has to happen for your W too, in order for her to make a change. <P> My counselor said to me that I needed to get out of God's way so that he could work on my W, and that I needed to concentrate on my relationship with God before I can work on my relationship with my W. Difficult thing to do, especially with my situation. Tiny steps. Take care.

F
F
Hey There JIM!<P>Welcome Home! We all missed you dearly. I don't know what to do without my 'angel' close by. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] You are a very lucky father with your children... you are teaching them great responsibility. Keep up the Superb Work!<P>We all feel for you with your appendix. Some may know the pain you feel... other of us have an idea. We wish you a fast and safe recovery. Don't forget your chicken noodle soup. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P>You are a terrific person still trying to keep up with us all. You do more and more each time I read postings... and with this, you deserve a BIG THANK YOU! THANKS JIM! <P>I still have you in my prayers and will hope that good and wonderful things begin to come your way. Since you W was polite, it is a start. Keep your chin up... it could surprise you. Keep us posted on what Dr H says. I am sure we will all be eager to learn more from you.<P>Jim, I found another terrific book to read. It is "Life strategies" by Phillip McGraw. He also wrote one on Relationships. I have read the first and now am 1/2 way into the second. He has a lot of wise, and basic concepts of people in general. I would recommend these books to anyone.<P>Take care of yourself Jim. Be kind to your body and heart. We all care so very much about you. And don't worry about the site, the folks here have been wonderful about helping you out.<P>God's speed be with you.<BR>--Your Angel Friend

P
P
Jim,<P>Glad to hear of your recovery, sad to hear of the progress or lack there-of with your wife. My prayers go with you.<P>{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Jim}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}<P>And some special blessings and prayers to your wonderful kids too!!!!!<P>------------------<BR>Love and Prayers<BR>Nicole smile

M
M
Hey Jim,<P>I also wondered where you were. I sent you an E and thought it strange for you not to reply. Glad to hear that you gave birth to a healthy appendix. What is it's name. You said you went to a H in an unknown territory. Seeing as thou you were in the Poconos maybe you were in my neck of the woods. Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton.<P>Yeah for the fantastic job the kids did in taking care of their great Dad. You have to be proud of them.<P>Wishing us, and mostly you, all the Best.<P>Tim

S
S
Welcome Home, Jim....<P>if you ever had any doubt as to the quality of your parenting, well, your doubts must now surely be dismissed....<P>what a wonderful, caring and considerate family you have raised.....<P>all my best to you and your brave children..<P>medic's right.....what did you name the appendix???...lol...<P>((((((((((((((((((JIM))))))))))))))))))))))<P>Dylan

D
D
I second what Soulloss has said. Feel better soon.

M
M
Jim,<BR> Hope you're feeling better.Sad to say,a few new posters showed up.Sounds like your W is really concerned about you.Some people,huh?Take care of yourself,and rest up(not too much Jerry Springer,now). --Murph

L
Lu Offline
L
Hi Jim,<P> Glad you're back ,was hoping you were off of here for "good " reasons....I'll tell you what , your W better wake up soon, she is going to lose alot...you can tell you are a GREAT Dad (and those kids know it!).....LU

F
F
Hey Jim, <P>Fell better soon! It's nice to hear that the kids took care of you. Your doing a great job with them. Keep it up.<P>falsely accused

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 790 guests, and 75 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation