Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
ceecee Offline OP
OP Offline
C
My thread has taken over me! I am becoming nervous, wondering what the heck I'm going to say to them. How incredibly weird!<P>RWD-<BR>Thanks for your support and prayers. I can only do this with God on my side.<P>Deb-<BR>You sweet thing! All the troubles and pain in your life , and you reach out to me. You are a gem!<BR>Thanks for the advice and your story. I hope I can pull this off as well as you.<BR>Don't know what to say about 'trading down'. I think it's all part of the 'fantasy'!<BR>Thanks for the prayers.<P>NoTrust-<BR>I am hoping and praying to be strong. God will give me the words to say and the actions to do. I have no interest in being her friend. I will treat her like someone I am just meeting. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>bonnet-<BR>you are so wonderful! Your words always seem to reach my heart. <BR>I'm sorry you are in a icky place right now. I will respond to your e-mail tonight. <BR>Give your girls a kiss and hug from me. Love you!<P>catnip-<BR>WOW! What a story. Thank you so much for sharing. I will look good and be good. I hopefully have them both wondering why he left me [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]!<BR>I'm so glad things are working out for you. Keep up the good work!<P><BR>mammadoc-<BR>I think you are right, that this is a form of their depression. My H suffers from depression, and has many unresolved issues he is not willing to deal with.<BR>Maybe it's a good sign he is 'noticing' me- I don't know. Time will tell.<BR>Thanks for the encouragment<P>LWB-<BR>Mending fences with her and him will help me truly move forward. This has a long ride for me. It's time to bring it to an end.<BR>Take care of yourself and your little one!<P>Jim-<BR>Dear friend, I always take to heart what you have to say. I am/do pray daily for the both of them. <BR>Like I said, I am not looking to be her friend, and am trying to maintain a acceptable relationship with H because of D.<BR>You are very strong and wise. I appreciate all your support.<BR>Thanks for the prayers!<P>Nic-<BR>Thanks for the prayers, sweetie! I will do my best [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]!<P>Sheryl-<BR>I hope she isn't too bad looking [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]! I have no expections. I will be strong and wonderful and beautiful!<BR>Love you too!<P>Jill-<BR>I remember when you met OW. I was so proud of you. I hope I can pull this off. I'm starting to get nervous! Yikes!<P>Nikki-<BR>Peace of mind-- AHHH-- That IS what I am hoping for. Closure.<BR>Thanks for your thoughts and prayers/<P>Thank you all. You advice and support and love mean the world to me.<P>I'll let you know what happens!<P>God Bless,<P>Cheryl<BR>

C
ceecee Offline OP
OP Offline
C
WHEW!!!!! I'm glad that's over!<P>Well, I DID IT! I sat across the table from the woman that stole my H!<P>I arrived on time. I felt all of your prayers as I walked into the restaurant! Thank you all!<P>She IS attrative ( but I guess my H still thinks I am better looking [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] )! We made small talk; nothing to deep.<P>My H was VERY nervous and OW was too (except she didn't really appear to be)<P>They ordered breakfast; I wasn't hungry. This upset my H. I told him that I wasn't going to stay very long, and wasn't hungry.<P>He talked about his relatives (he went to a wedding last week). He said that everyone at the wedding asked how I was doing, etc. (Well, at least THEY haven't forgotten about me!)<P>I wore a smile, was gracious, looked good, and hospitable. <P>OW went to go to the restroom and I told H while she was gone that I was going to go. He told me that he appreciated my 'graciousness'; that he could never have done this. He hugged me (while she was still gone) and said thank you.<P>He also said that she really wants me to be her friend and I told him that I could be courteous and freindly toward her, but that a real friendship would not happen, under the circumstances.<P><BR>She came back to the table and I told her is was nice to meet her. I told them to enjoy their weekend and even gave H tips on where to take her to dinner shocked!<P>So, I am relieved this is over. I didn't even feel any 'bangs' when she called him "baby"! I didn't lose it when I left, I just smiled and thanked God for helping me through it.<P>Thank you for your support and prayers. I really feel like I have "arrived". I was able to show them today that I forgive them, without them even asking for it.<P>THe ball is out of my court now!<P>God Bless,<P>Cheryl<P>PS- OW gave me her business card (blech!!!) <BR>

N
N
Hi Cheryl,<P>I'm so glad that it is over with! <BR>WOW! You did it!<P>p.s. That OW has NO class.....but <BR>YOU HAVE class!

A
A
Cheryl,<P>My gosh girl....my admiration for you is so very high.<P>You have done something so brave. Do you still have hopes for your marriage Cheryl, or do you feel you have moved on?<P>You have arrived Cheryl. You were classy and held your head high. I'm sure you have given them both a lot to think about. WAY TO GO!<P>allison

B
B
Cheryl,<P>I thank God for being with you today ! Now I hope ow's business card doesn't meet with a horrible accident the way parking lot lady's phone number did at my house last week. It just jumped right in to the toilet in little pieces and somehow got flushed ! Terrible terrible *accident*! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>You stay on the high road, believe me, if nothing else thay or at least she will wonder what you are up to. <P>------------------<BR>Just call me - Deb<BR>------------------------<BR>The only day I can do anything about is today, yesterday is gone, tomorrow is not yet mine.<P>Hepatitis C, educate yourself ! <A HREF="http://hepatitis-central.com/" TARGET=_blank>http://hepatitis-central.com/</A>

M
M
Cheryl,<BR> You did it! I'm proud of you,I never could of done that(well,I could of,but it might of been pretty messy).You're one classy lady.<BR> Didn't you try to stir the pot,even a little?You know,you could of nonchalantly asked your H,"So,are you still taking that medication for your homicidal disorder?"<BR> But you showed them that you have more integrity than either of them.You're going to do fine.Have a great weekend.<BR> --Murph

N
NSR Offline
N
Cheryl,<P>I'm not sure it gave you the closure you needed/wanted...<BR>...but it is now done with.<P>Think of <B>you</B> now...<BR>...that is what is much more important.<P>{{{{{hugs}}}}}...<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jim

M
M
I bet you are glad that is over with.<P>Did you get anything out of all of this?<BR>Does this mean now....that you are going to let your daughter go around her? Just curious.<P>I could not have done it....I know I would have been nice...but when I was leaving I would have had to shake her hand and thank her for screwing up mine and our childrens lives. <P>You are a strong woman<P>Nancy

N
N
You are one classy woman Cheryl [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Good job!!!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Big Hugs, Sheryl<P>

C
ceecee Offline OP
OP Offline
C
You all have me in tears. I'm serious. I'm sitting here bawling right now. You are all so very, very dear to me. God bless you all.<P>No Trust-<BR>Yep, I did to it, and it feels really, really good.<BR>I even feel pretty classy right now! <BR>Thanks you.<P>az allision-<P>Honestly, I think today was a turning point for me. As much as I would like my family in tact, I don't see myself turning back. That's not to say, I'm not open for whatever the furture has for me, but meeting her really but closure to this nightmare!<P>I hope I gave them something to think about; if nothing else but to look at who they are and what they are really doing.!<P>Thanks for your encouragement!<P>Deb-<P>God WAS with me today (and every day). I felt His presence with me the whole time I was there.<P>I forgot to tell you that OW business card just happened to fly out of my purse right into the garbage disposal. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]. Oh, those freak accidents!<P>Thank you for your prayers. Prayers coming your way too. Take care of yourself.<P>Murph-<P>Oh, you DO make me laugh. Medication. HAHAHAHAH! <BR>Nope, no digs. Didn't even feel the urge to. I knew that was what they would have expected. I refrained.<BR>I will have a great weekend! Thanks<P>Jim-<P>I did find the closure I needed. I really feel good about this. As hard as this was for me, I know that I had to do it. I had to face my demons, face to face. I did feel a little like Daniel and the Lions den [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]!<P>Thanks for all your kind words and support. You are a dear man!<P>Mental-<P>Thanks for the encouragment. I do feel strong. God has empowered me.<P>As far as letting her be around my D; not right now. I feel like I am in control of this situation now, and that feels good. She does live out of state, so her frequency here will limit contact anyway.<P>Keep up the good fight, sweetie. You will make it though this!<P>Sheryl-<P>What can I say. Thank you. You are a very special friend to me. I love ya!<P>My friends, this has been a most humbling experience for me, and after today, I really feel like I can move forward with my life. I have an incredible sense of relief, of strength, and wisdom, that I didn't possess a year ago.<P>I miss my H. I miss our life together. But, he has made his choice and I have accepted that. <P>I just want you all to know that God can and does heal broken hearts, and as simple as this sounds, time will heal your wounds. I am a living testament to this. I have grown so much from this. I actually glad I had to go through it. I know now that I am bigger than any circurstances that life my give me, and I know that God has something very special for my life.<P>I do love you all. As simply as that sounds, I do. <P>Take care one and all.<P>God Bless,<P>Cheryl

P
P
I am so proud of you CeeCee. You are an amazing woman.<P>------------------<BR>You can't live with them, you can't kill them.<BR>*Viki

M
M
Wow! I could never do what you are doing and I've never met the OW in 1 and a half yrs. either. You are very strong and you must have a more than average amount of confidence to suggest such a meeting. Let us know how it goes. I just said a prayer for you.

C
C
Hey, Ceecee:<P>I bet you a hundred bucks that H is so bowled over by your dignified perfomance that you will be ON HIS MIND forever. <P>In fact, I would venture a guess that OW probably is having an acute case of jealous twinges after seeing what a lovely woman you are. He may be thinking he traded down to her and that you outclass her. She probably wonders why he is not with you. I bet he is, too.<P>That far away look in his eyes and his kind words about you is probably making her clingy and needy (very unattractive) <BR>She's probably experiencing heartburn from witnessing your H reaction to you.<P>Oh, I hope so. I really, really hope so.<P>You done good.<P>Catnip =^^=

C
ceecee Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Hey Viki-<P>You are pretty amazing yourself, girl!<BR>Take care of you and your son! I'm hoping to come for a visit in August!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>How are things with you? I only get tidbits from Lori. Let me know, k?<P>Moving On-<P>I'm sorry you have had to deal with this so long. It gets exhausting, doesn't it?<BR>I am confident. I did all I could to save my marriage. That is nothing to be ashamed of. Keep working on yourself. There is light at the end of this icky tunnel!<BR>Thanks for the prayers.<P>Catnip-<P>Oh, how I enjoy your posts! You are quite an inspiration.<BR>Heartburn in the least I hopes she gets [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]!<BR>I'm sure that I was the topic of conversation between them today.<BR>I hope you are right, too! I really do!<BR>Thank you for your insight and support. You are quite a woman!<P>God Bless,<BR>Cheryl

L
L
That's my sis!!!<P>You know I'm proud. (Or didn't I already tell you enough!)<P>Talk to you soon.<P>Love, <BR>Lori

M
mkn Offline
M
ceecee,<BR>Sorry I have not responded until now. You go in with your head up and proud of who you are. Cool heads prevail and I think the OW will leave thinking why in the world would he leave this family. Your H has a track record and his true colors will show with this woman too. He is not doing anything to fix himself, he is just floating along. You will do great.... I will email you too<BR>mkn

L
L
hey, im late, but good for you! you did great.<BR>i remember when OW came to my house the first time (7-31-98), and she called me all drunk later and i was practically counseling her through her grief...<BR>ive lost it and been ugly since then, but i still have fond memories of my behavior nonetheless...<BR>congratulations on a job well done!

M
mkn Offline
M
ceecee......<BR>ooooops, I did not read all the posts, I was later than I thought.... sorry. You done good.... I am proud of you....<BR>Michael

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 587 guests, and 75 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Comfortable Shoe, Sourdine, Abela Laye, Ardent Center, Lost@1969
71,846 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation