Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
A
A
I'm 42 (and feeling 80 today), my husband is 48 (and looking 88 lately.)<P>OW (I hate that term too sometimes) is 47. Thank God she wasn't some 20 year old with great thighs.<P>You'd think we'd all know better at our ages wouldn't you? Sometimes I think my teenagers have better morals than us 40's.<P>allison

M
M
Ok, someone asked about the OW.<P>In my case, she's older than both of us. I'm 31, H is 33 and the OW is 40. Makes me feel more secure! <P>Mitzi [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

R
R
NoMas,<P>My EA was with a person I got close to via the net, although we never met, but had planned to. He was 35. If this is not a mid-life crisis for me, I am not looking forward to those years!<P>So, were you able to reach out to your wife, yet? How are you holding up? <P><BR>

T
T
I am 33 and H is 30. And ya know, I was going to post how old the OM is, but I truly can't remember. It is either 35 or 37. <P>It has been 8 months since D day, and not a day passes that I don't reflect on the horrible decision I made to start a relationship with the OM. I surprised myself by not remembering how old he is. Maybe there is hope that he will be extinguished from my mind forever someday. <P>It is true, we do learn from our mistakes. But will I carry the scar forever???<BR>

M
M
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by trying to rebuild:<B>But will I carry the scar forever??? </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Trying to rebuild,<P>I think that scar is going to remain there for a very long time, but as time goes on, the scar will slowly fade, and who knows, some scars completely disappear to where you can't even see them anymore. Or maybe to the point where you can tell the scar was there, but just barely. This is how I'm looking at it through my situation. Maybe that will help you. ??<BR>

M
M
I'm 46,look 36,act 26.<BR> Stbx is 44.<BR> OM is 33. Married 23 yrs.<BR> --Murph

C
C
I win, I win!!! I'm the oldest and the fairest of them all. I am 51, spouse is 51, and OW is 35. There is some justice in this world as OW LOOKS 51 and I look 35!!!<P>=^^= Catnip

B
B
Yay Catnip - glad to read that one!!!!!<P>I'm 34, H is 36. Married 10 years Oct 2000, but will be divorced by then.<P>We have 2 daughters, nearly 5, and just turned 2.<P>I don't think I want to get married again, just to go through this again in some 8 years time but with someone else....<P>Isn't that a happy positive thought???!!!!<P>You guys seem to be right, this MLC is real isn't it. I think this is what my H had, just a tad early........<P>love and hugs to us all<P>Jo

Y
Y
Out of lurkdom...<P>I am 44, H DuncanMac is 45.<P>I think we win the "been there, done that" prize: my affair started when I was 28, the classic "seven-year-itch" thing (ok, 6 1/2, but who's counting...). Dunc's was when he was 43... the classic MLC thing. Whew! I think we've *both* got it out of our systems now... <P>I do think that both periods in a marriage can be vulnerable ones, hence the "demographic bulge" here on MB of fortysomethings and late-twenty/early thirtysomethings (that's a mouthful).<P>Soldier on, folks! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR>~suse~<BR>Rome wasn't built in a day.<BR>

B
B
<BR>I'm 36, W is 39. Married 14 years, together 16 years. First and only marriage for both of us.<P>Bystander

S
S
Ok, Suse.<P>I'm 38, soon to be 39 (on Sunday, just like Medic). H is 35<P>Suse got me to reply. H's 1st OW started 2 years ago at the 7 year mark + he is definitely going through a MLC (they say it's earlier these days with more ambitious people) AND I had two kids 3 and 1 at the time. That is also a stress time for a marriage.<P>Guess it all hit at once. I hope we can do it right from here.

B
B
I'm 42, W just turned the big 40, requiring a special celebration - check it out at<P> <A HREF="http://users.ticnet.com/justwilling/suzibday/suzibday.html" TARGET=_blank>http://users.ticnet.com/justwilling/suzibday/suzibday.html</A>

I
I
I am 38 <BR>H is 39<BR>Married for 16 years

Y
Y
I'm 45. H is 44. Been married 20 years. Together for 27 years.

W
W
Hi All,<P>I'm 34/be 35 in Aug.<BR>My stbxh is 35/be 36 the end of Nov.<P>Started around his b-day/has had a very <BR>difficult time dealing w/his age.<P>Married 12 years.......total almost 16.<BR>(D should be final sometime in Aug.)<P>Gina [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><P>------------------<BR>"If we deny love that is given to us,if we refuse to give love because we fear pain or loss,then our lives will be empty,our loss greater!"-----Anonymous----

K
K
40 in september H will be 40 in March next year.<P>Affair happened at thirty seven after 15 years of no problem marriage.<P>Both the age around 40, and the years around the 15th anniversary look very susceptible to affairs or at least problems in the relationship.<BR>I couldn't say why, but in a big majority of cases either one, other or both apply.<BR>Kat<P>------------------<BR>Each and everyone of us is deserving of a kind word, a gentle thought, and the gift of understanding.

W
W
I'm 32 on Aug 15...<BR>STBX is 32 on Aug 3...<BR>LRB turned 18 sometime in may...<P>Married 6 years june 4...together 8 years...<P>Bill

F
F
I just turned 39 in April, H will be 43 in Dec. <BR>Married 19 years in Oct, been together almost 22 years.

Y
Y
YIKES! Looks like a chastity belt ought to be mandatory equipment from about age 37 or so on.... Lookit 'em all! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

G
G
39, H is 42 - married 16, together 18.... <P>I agree with Suse - seems to be a BOG pattern here

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 963 guests, and 78 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation