Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
OP Offline
T
.<p>[This message has been edited by TechGirl (edited August 22, 2000).]

P
P
Empty Shell<P>I will be so glad when my desire to check up on her is gone. I fight that every day. We have 2 D's but they're not old enough for soccer yet. My W and I had a medium misunderstanding last night. For some reason we have a hard time expressing ourselves to each other. We try and say one thing but either something else gets said or the other person doesn't understand. But we were able to work out that particular situation. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Uh oh lunch is over got to go. Thanx for all your advice.<BR>

E
E
pegasus -- <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I will be so glad when my desire to check up on her is gone. I fight that every day.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>That is very good. Keep fighting. As trust is rebuilding, it can take very little sometimes to send you flying back to the edge of darkness.<P>to me it is very much like forgiveness itself. It's something you have to simply do. PERIOD. It can be very hard, and you may find yourself wondering if you did the "right thing", but believe me, it is the right thing. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>My W and I had a medium misunderstanding last night. For some reason we have a hard time expressing ourselves to each other. We try and say one thing but either something else gets said or the other person doesn't understand. But we were able to work out that particular situation.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Hey, this is all part of the healing process. We all go through it to one degree or another. At least you were able to get past this episode.<P>A suggestion which both you and TechGirl may want to consider is this. If you are still having troubles communicating over "touchy" subjects, come here and post about it. Both of you. Start your own threads if need be and get advise and opinons form anyone offering. It might help you to understand each other a little better. My W and I have done this a few times in the past, and it has seemed to help us, when we have used that option.<P>Just a suggestion though.<P>TechGirl -- I hope that you are not upset with me for the things I have said to you and your H. I'm only trying to help if I can.<P>God Bless

P
P
Empty Shell<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>A suggestion which both you and TechGirl may want to consider is this. If you are still having troubles<BR> communicating over "touchy" subjects, come here and post about it. Both of you. Start your own threads if need be<BR> and get advise and opinons form anyone offering. It might help you to understand each other a little better. My W<BR> and I have done this a few times in the past, and it has seemed to help us, when we have used that option.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>LOL. Um that was what lead to the misunderstanding. She didn't understand what I was trying to say in one of these post and then she wrote something else and I misunderstood. It was tense for a little while, but we kissed and made up. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] I know there are some things I still have to work real had on but hopefully she will see that I am trying.

E
E
pegasus -- <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>She didn't understand what I was trying to say in one of these post and then she wrote something else and I misunderstood.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>One thing you need to realize if you are going to use this type of approach. . .You need to continue the approriate threads until you both understand. Use this forum as the place to work through and figure out the issues, until you are ready, willing and able to have the conversations one on one.<P>Hope it helps.<P>God Bless

T
OP Offline
T
Thanks, everyone, for all your help.<BR>Yes, we had a slight missunderstanding last night... my . message was a long one because I missunderstood what he was saying in the thread and then he misread my post.. LOL<BR>I'll try to get here more often though [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>Thanks again!<BR>Empty Shell-<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>TechGirl -- I hope that you are not upset with me for the things I have said to you and your H. I'm only trying to help if I can.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Nope, I expected to hear advice, not to be coddled... I am thankful for it all [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

E
E
TechGirl -- <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>my . message was a long one because I missunderstood what he was saying in the thread and then he misread my post<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I can understand very well misunderstanding or misinterprting something my W has written here.<P>Without going back to look this up, I think that your H said discovery was about 2 months ago. Things are still very new for you both. You both probably have very raw nerves at this stage. This is normal and very much to be expected. Give each other a chance, things can and will improve for you both.<P>God Bless

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 260 guests, and 77 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Comfortable Shoe, Sourdine, Abela Laye, Ardent Center, Lost@1969
71,846 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation